Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Poll: Most Important Factor In Winning The Wdc?

What has been the most important factor in winning this year?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. I know it's a bit of all three, but choose the MOST important

• Driver
    • Team/Car
    • Tyre
    • Engine
    • FIA decisions

This Year it has to b the tire. As there was no ther reason ferrari were slow in the first half and soo strong in the second half and offcourse the driver,schumi, is very importent but tires are more importent as we saw in china

Car/Team is always most important. If car does not allow you to compete for win, you wont compete for win. Tyres are close second. If two teams are (relatively) close after those two, it comes down to driver ability.

This season it's the tyre for sure!! However, how well do you cheat would be my next question :lol:

In cheating Ferrari is the WDC for many years in a row....and will be for many years to come. ;)

In cheating Ferrari is the WDC for many years in a row....and will be for many years to come. ;)

Every team cheats in motorsports. In this, there is no denying.

Despite all the bad things FIA did to the sport in recent years and despite of the fact that, without the right car no one can win a WDC, I still think that the most importnat factor to win a championship is the driver. The fact that Schumacher and Alonso are fighting for this year title (and not Massa or Fisichella) shows that the driver is still the first factor to win in F.1

in general id say car/team but this year with 2 strong car's and drivers near the same level its tires and driver....so ill just play it safe and choose car/team for the general WDC hopes.

fia and tyre..

but i voted fia, cos its them who decide everything.

Well Alonso's beating the FIA it seems so unless they pull some bulls##t out of their a## to penalise him again for no good reason it seems they have a limit to how much of a reacharound max can give MS

Team/Car ofcourse, this years tyres have been quite close, and you don't win with the best tyres if you're in a crap team.

I have always maintained that the Team/car is the most important thing with the tires ,engine ,management all being part of the "Team". After all you don't get one without the other.

I've been ridiculed on this forum for stating IMO, the car(tires/engine/team) are 90% responsible for creating WDC in the current F1 format.

Reasons for my opinion

• FM performance this year compared to Last year.
  • Kubica's performance compared to JV
  • Last year Ferrari did not have the car and MS wasn't a factor. This year they supply him with a good car and he is again competing for the WDC

If you have driver who is consistently good, he can take the best car to the WDC almost every time. That is the difference between GF and FA. FA always puts in a good steady drive, GF seems to be incapable of that.

This is my opinion. You can agree or disagree.

Thanks

Don't let the ridicule get to you. I get it too. P!ss on 'em.

Thanks for the post.

I've been catching up on some threads. I find it amusing to see guys argue and look down their noses at Nascar, when F1 is having 17 year old kids jump in cars and drive as well as veterans. Seems to me F1 is no longer a sport of driver talent, ,merely an expensive techno/mechanical game. I don't blame MT for replacing JV with a Kubica. You simply don't need best drivers to win in F1. I bet there is way more driver effort going on in Nascar then there is in F1.

I've been catching up on some threads. I find it amusing to see guys argue and look down their noses at Nascar, when F1 is having 17 year old kids jump in cars and drive as well as veterans. Seems to me F1 is no longer a sport of driver talent, ,merely an expensive techno/mechanical game. I don't blame MT for replacing JV with a Kubica. You simply don't need best drivers to win in F1. I bet there is way more driver effort going on in Nascar then there is in F1.

You are a true dedicated JV fan. Have you bought his album? What's going to be next? that NASCAR isn't a sport that shows driver talent, and all true great drivers should turn to the music industry to show their talent?

I have always maintained that the Team/car is the most important thing with the tires ,engine ,management all being part of the "Team". After all you don't get one without the other.

I've been ridiculed on this forum for stating IMO, the car(tires/engine/team) are 90% responsible for creating WDC in the current F1 format.

Reasons for my opinion

• Last year Ferrari did not have the car and MS wasn't a factor. This year they supply him with a good car and he is again competing for the WDC

If you have driver who is consistently good, he can take the best car to the WDC almost every time. That is the difference between GF and FA. FA always puts in a good steady drive, GF seems to be incapable of that.

Thanks

Welcome back. I don't think you were ridiculed for that. In fact I voted with you. Its so obvious the car/team is the most important factor. Btw what are your thoughts on Kubica?

Don't let the ridicule get to you. I get it too. P!ss on 'em.

I get it too Mike. Some people are sooooo mean. Can we have a group-cry/bitch/make-over in the ladies' room?

Its the quality of drivers we slate, not their level of input. In terms of regulations I think F1 could learn something from the Americans.

Well Alonso's beating the FIA it seems so unless they pull some bulls##t out of their a## to penalise him again for no good reason it seems they have a limit to how much of a reacharound max can give MS

That's a plan !! By far the most brilliant. We can get FIA to strip Alonso of his Suzuka title for having some extra thingammy jig in his car, or even for bringing the sport into disrepute by his ape like jump on the podium..........

Reasons for my opinion

Thanks

Your reasons are not very factual...

1)Felipe Massa last year was in a Sauber and this year is in a Ferrari, you just can't compare the situation okay, but the driver was still there, he often outpaced JV and, anyway, he is young and is improving year after year (just look at his progression since 2002)

2)Face it, JV has simply ended his cycle in F.1. He is 35, he has been out for a year in 2004 after some seasons in an uncompeititive BAR team and that coul have hurted his motivation not to mention that last year, apart from some good performances, he was constantly slower than Massa, while Kubica is fairly an hot talent and has a lot of motivation

3)Last year Ferrari's third place in WCC was just down to Michael...Ferrari wothout him would have finished in an even worse position with such uncompetitive tyres (just look at where Rubens was). MS finished the year ahead of Fisichella and Montoya, who both had a better car than Michael's Ferrari F2005

It's a rather convoluted way of trying to show how JV wasn't crap this year and how Kubica is not doing all that great in his place, and it fails.

I've gone for tyres. In terms of driver ability, car/team performance and engine there hasn't been much difference. On those few days where both cars have been right up at the top of their game, there hasn't been an awful lot between the two.

But the reason that there have been few days where both are right up at the top of their game is tyres.

The FIA decisions choice is a bit of a red herring IMO.

I vote car/team. Otherwise Toyota would be as fast as Ferrari. Which they are not. Similarly Williams.

It's a rather convoluted way of trying to show how JV wasn't crap this year and how Kubica is not doing all that great in his place, and it fails.

Same old, same old. JV is no longer in F1. Get over it and move on OK, or are you going to continue to throw crap at him for decades. I brought up JV only to demonstrate that who drives what matters very little in today's F1. Lets for a moment discount MS and FA's points this season. Who would be leading the points championship now, and who would be second. Imagine that.

Murray

Kubica is fast, but so are many others with the technology available today. Kubica is as good as NH and JV in the BMW/Sauber. A little more experience and who knows how far he can go. BMW have done a lot of things right this year, and if they can deliver a car capable of winning, I think both he and NH will do fine.

Is there a driver in F1 who has the character to be bigger then F1? MS, JV and soon DC are the end of an era. I see no one coming up the ranks who can hold a candle to those three for appeal. Button comes close, but the rest of the guys are robots to me. They don't seem to have a life or an opinion on anything. Maybe the media spotlight will be focused on someone else who will emerge as a character player. Right now, I have no idea who that will be.