Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Poll: Most Important Factor In Winning The Wdc?

What has been the most important factor in winning this year?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. I know it's a bit of all three, but choose the MOST important

• Driver
    • Team/Car
    • Tyre
    • Engine
    • FIA decisions

No I didn't, I said Massa will be close to the Finn, possibly ahead, definitely closer than many people expect. You are still to explain how Massa would have been challenging for the WDC if Michael wasn't there - that would imply he would have been right behind Michael or up with him most of the time, which he hasn't.

No because it is a completely incorrect example, because JV has not been driving at a WDC level for ages, not since he was beaten by a young Button at the very least. ie he isn ot a benchmark of a top driver, I woul consider him a lower mid field driver, I would expect a good rookie to be competitive against his performance. You could have chosen Heidfeld, a driver who actually beat his teammate last year for comparison. JV is no benchmark, I see the point you are making and I partially agree with it, but you try to prove it with statements like Massa would have been challenging for a WDC this year or that JV is a benchmark as an ex WDC.

No, however I shall take every oppurtunity to criticise him, as I despise him.

No, it simply shows you that JV was well past it (corroborated by the fact that no team boss took any interest in him). How do you explain the huge disparities in points scored for example among most teams? The gap is a few tenths, a second at most, but it is there. And it is crucial.

Massa is third in the drivers championship,

The rest of your comments are noted that your opinion of JV is much different then mine.

I am having touble understanding this - what constitutes JV beating Schumacher, that doesn't translate to Schumacher beating JV ?

i don't know why you are having trouble cos i think you understand excatly what i meant ....

In 97 when JV and MS where Battle each other they were the 2 contenders for the champion ship ....so who wins that year beats the other ....

from 98 upwards JV never was copmpetitive williams had supertec and BAR was in the beginnig , i'm not saying that it was |JV choice to go there but you can't compare \JV with MS instead after MS had different contender for the WDC Hakkinen.... so i'm saying for me ....JV had the pleaseure to compete head to head against MS and Beats him .... MS never had the pleasure to compete against JV and beat him so ...

i hope i made everything clear now...

but to say another thing why alwyas put JV against MS ...MS had more competitors MH, DH , FA but you always goes on JV ...

for me i think the reasoin is what i already had said....

so cheers man...

i don't know why you are having trouble cos i think you understand excatly what i meant ....

In 97 when JV and MS where Battle each other they were the 2 contenders for the champion ship ....so who wins that year beats the other ....

from 98 upwards JV never was copmpetitive williams had supertec and BAR was in the beginnig , i'm not saying that it was |JV choice to go there but you can't compare \JV with MS instead after MS had different contender for the WDC Hakkinen.... so i'm saying for me ....JV had the pleaseure to compete head to head against MS and Beats him .... MS never had the pleasure to compete against JV and beat him so ...

i hope i made everything clear now...

but to say another thing why alwyas put JV against MS ...MS had more competitors MH, DH , FA but you always goes on JV ...

for me i think the reasoin is what i already had said....

so cheers man...

No, seriously, I genuinely couldn't understand how you came to your conclusions, so I didn't know exactly what you were saying at all. And I didn't put JV against MS, you did - I was just wondering how you came to your conclusion, that's all.

Presumably, from what you're saying, you feel that JV & MS had equal cars in 97, but after that it doesn't count because JV was in an inferior car ?

MS showed how much better than JV he is by taking the 97 title down to the last race in a bad ferrari

it wasn't a bad ferrari you are saying that ... for me MS and JV are on the same levell ,,,you can continue to say differetnly but i will continue with my idea.

so you want to say that when MS lost 2 titles with MH he had a bad ferrai this year he hada bad ferrari too ...c'mon there where times when the williams was better but there where times where ferrari was better then williams and its not MS that make the difference cos even Frentzen never was there so JV made the difference....i can agree MS is better then Irvine and JV was better then Frenzen but ferrari and williams where at the same level.....

it wasn't a bad ferrari you are saying that ... for me MS and JV are on the same levell ,,,you can continue to say differetnly but i will continue with my idea.

so you want to say that when MS lost 2 titles with MH he had a bad ferrai this year he hada bad ferrari too ...c'mon there where times when the williams was better but there where times where ferrari was better then williams and its not MS that make the difference cos even Frentzen never was there so JV made the difference....i can agree MS is better then Irvine and JV was better then Frenzen but ferrari and williams where at the same level.....

OK we will have to disagree, but I think nearly everyone will agree that williams was easily the best car.

As Jemstride says, I think most people were of the opinion that the williams was the better car and by a considerable margin in F1 terms.

Team/Car [ 25 ] [62.50%] - As any other season since 1950 till now.

(= Just wanna add - Engine is even a bit more important !

As Jemstride says, I think most people were of the opinion that the williams was the better car and by a considerable margin in F1 terms.

The '96 and '97 Ferrari's were pigs(esp. the '96), the willie was by far the better car..........

OK we will have to disagree, but I think nearly everyone will agree that williams was easily the best car.

Ross Brawn agrees. He reckons by 1s a lap to begin with, closing to .5s a lap at the end.

You're a funny guy Kup! How do you work that out? Can we give the man an official, forum's statistician title?

STR has a ferrari engine but they aren't that good are they?

You're a funny guy Kup! How do you work that out? Can we give the man an official, forum's statistician title?

Kup needs no title. He is actually the computer this forum resides on.

...but you'll..look...sweet....upon.....the.....seat......of.......a........bicycle....

......made...........for..............two.