Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Button Predicts Honda Success

F1 Home > News Room > F1gossip > View Article

2007 title assault

Oct.8 (GMM) Jenson Button thinks Honda might be bhetter poised than any rival to launch a successful assault on the 2007 title. The British driver noted at Suzuka that, of the top four teams, Brackley based Honda is the only one that will boast the same driver line up next March. "renault will lose Alonso, Ferrari lsoe Michael, McLaren lose Kimi. We will be able to hit the ground running". said Button, wh os teammate for the foreseeable future is Brazilian Rubens Barrichello.

The 25 year old, who predicted taht the team's new wind tunnel will also be producing the best results next eyar, also said of Honda's rivals:"We need to destroy them".

Bjut, despite driving through the rain to winin Hungary, he admitted that he expected HOnda to 'destroy' its rivals more consistently this year/

"It didn't turn out that way, " Button said

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferrari, Renault, McLaren, beware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excl:

[quote name='mock' post='144938' date='Oct 8 2006, 09:22 PM']F1 Home > News Room > F1gossip > View Article
2007 title assault

Oct.8 (GMM) Jenson Button thinks Honda might be bhetter poised than any rival to launch a successful assault on the 2007 title. The British driver noted at Suzuka that, of the top four teams, Brackley based Honda is the only one that will boast the same driver line up next March. "renault will lose Alonso, Ferrari lsoe Michael, McLaren lose Kimi. We will be able to hit the ground running". said Button, wh os teammate for the foreseeable future is Brazilian Rubens Barrichello.

The 25 year old, who predicted taht the team's new wind tunnel will also be producing the best results next eyar, also said of Honda's rivals:"We need to destroy them".

Bjut, despite driving through the rain to winin Hungary, he admitted that he expected HOnda to 'destroy' its rivals more consistently this year/

"It didn't turn out that way, " Button said

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferrari, Renault, McLaren, beware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excl: [/quote]

Ferrari, McLaren and Renault have issued a joint press release to Honda and Button...

" :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: "

Button has said the same thing in the lead upto 2004, 2005 and 2006 seasons. Im suprised he can stay on the ground with that much hot air in him.

Ferrari, McLaren and Renault have issued a joint press release to Honda and Button...

" :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn: "

does remind me of dc(back in his mclaren days) "THIS YEAR IS MINE" :yawn:

Whats wrong with a bit of confidence. Honda have no reason why they can't launch a serious attack on the championship.

Whats wrong with a bit of confidence. Honda have no reason why they can't launch a serious attack on the championship.

It could theoretically happen but Honda and Button havent shown that they have the ability to be a championship contender next year.

Everyone you should not believe anything Jenson_Rules tells you. Look at his predictions for the 2006 championship. Basically the only thing he got right was Honda coming 4th in the championship

Right I know its still quite early but this will make for interesting reading after the next season to seee how way out we were!

Kaciaj started the 2005 predictions thread on the 7th of December last year, so we are actually a little later this year!

Right each member post full predictions of where the teams will finish and the Drivers! It will also be good to hear what you think certain teams will do/drivers will do next year, i.e. maiden victories, falls from grace etc.

Here is my very early predictions...

WCC

1. Mclaren Mercedes

2. Ferrari

3. Renault

4. Honda Racing F1

5. Toyota

6. Williams Cosworth

7. Red Bull Racing

8. BMW Sauber

9. Squadra Torro Rosso

10. MF1

I think all the top 5 teams will win a race this year and it will be very close between them all in terms of results. Both Renault and Honda will improve as the season goes on, Toyota and Ferrari will be the early teams to beat but as Renault, Honda and Mclaren develop their cars they will each improve dramatically by the end of the season. I also think Williams wont be that far off, and it will be very close for sixth place between BMW, RBR and Williams but Williams will get it!

WDC

1. Kimi Raikonnen

2. Michael Schumacher

3. Fernando Alonso

4. Jenson Button

5. JPM

6. Rubens Barrichello

7. Fisichella

8. Felipe Massa

9. Jarno Trulli

10. Ralf Schumacher

11. Mark Webber

12. DC

13. Nico Rosberg

14. Nick Heidfeld

15. Klein

16. JV

17. Liuzzi

18. Speed

19. Albers

20. Monteiro

Again the top 6 will each win a race and so will Trulli, Webber too will just miss out on a win at some point in the season where half the front runners retire with some random problems! Button will win 3 races and Barrichello 1. MS will win 4, as will FA and Kimi, JPM will win 2, trulli 1

I just read the article. Where exactly does JB say that Honda will be title contenders? Typical crap webSh#te spin. Why don't people read the article instead of the headline? Bollocks.

What were your predictions Ykick? Or didn't you make any (just like me)?

What were your predictions Ykick? Or didn't you make any (just like me)?

I dont think i made any but i could be wrong.

I think the 2007 predicitons will be much harder than the 2006 predicitons due to the amount of change which has happened this year.

Hmm. No matter what anyone says, I believe the 2006 Bridgestone teams will have an advantage next year. They may not know what the compound and construction will be, but they do know the Bridgestone infrastructure. I suspect that the difference from front to back of the grid will close up a little, and that Super Aguri will be barred from running this year's Honda chassis. The Adrian Newey Red Bull will be a dog, by the way, cos DC doesn't think they have "the right people". There, easy.

The Adrian Newey Red Bull will be a dog, by the way, cos DC doesn't think they have "the right people". There, easy.

That comment could have been made in sheer frustration at the lack of development on the RB2 and might not reflect what the RB3 will actually be like.

That comment could have been made in sheer frustration at the lack of development on the RB2 and might not reflect what the RB3 will actually be light.

Agreed, but it's fun to speculate. As long as RB3 is not another MP4/18 you'll be ok. And of course they need to decide which engine will be in the back............

Agreed, but it's fun to speculate. As long as RB3 is not another MP4/18 you'll be ok.

If it performs as well as the MP4-18 towards the end of the season of 2004 then i will be relitively happy. My hope for next season is a car which gets regular points, afew podiums and with abit of luck maybe even a win.

And of course they need to decide which engine will be in the back............

Im almost 100% certain they have already decided that and just havent annonced it o the media. I honestly dont know which engine i would prefer in the back of the Red Bull. As long as its fast and reliable im happy.

I can see Honda stronger next year..I don't know why but it's just a feeling I'd say Honda are going to fight for the title next year maybe with Ferrari

I am concerned that there will be no one fighting with Ferrari next season. I find it hard to envisage Fisi putting up a genuine challenge for the title, even as team leader. McLaren's speed and reliability is still a concern. Honda would need to make a huge step forward and the rest will need a quantum leap in performance.

Maybe if that is the case, then Ferrari will at least allow FM and KR to race each other.

I got MS 2nd right, the top 4 teams right, button will finish 2 places behind i predicted but he did win a race this year. Only thing yet to come true is mclaren winning.

I can see Honda stronger next year..I don't know why but it's just a feeling I'd say Honda are going to fight for the title next year maybe with Ferrari

I think the BEST Honda can hope for is 3rd in the constructors championship next year. No team in F1 makes big leaps foward in the space of one year without a really good reason such as new owners, budget increases or personell changes and Honda havent really had any of these so i dont expect a huge leap in performance next year.

I think the BEST Honda can hope for is 3rd in the constructors championship next year. No team in F1 makes big leaps foward in the space of one year without a really good reason such as new owners, budget increases or personell changes and Honda havent really had any of these so i dont expect a huge leap in performance next year.

Hey come on this is F1. Who expected renault to suddenly jump to the top in 2005? Ferrari havent changed for ages and yet in 05 they were nowhere, and in 06 they have the best car! Every team goes up and down each year, Honda could well move to the top in 2007. Perhaps the fact that there arent any major personnel changes etc will actually work to their advantage, it makes sense. Its not like Honda need a budget increase or new owners is it

Alright lets look at your examples

Who expected renault to suddenly jump to the top in 2005?

In 2004 Renault finished 3rd in the constructors championship and in 2005 they finished 1st in the constructors championship. Thats a leep of 2 places.

Ferrari havent changed for ages and yet in 05 they were nowhere, and in 06 they have the best car! Every team goes up and down each year

In 2005 Ferrari came 3rd in the constructors championship and in 2006 it looks like they will come 2nd in the constructors championship. That is a increase of one spot.

Honda could well move to the top in 2007. Perhaps the fact that there arent any major personnel changes etc will actually work to their advantage, it makes sense. Its not like Honda need a budget increase or new owners is it

By the 2 examples you gave the most a team can really move around is one or two tors championship. If Honda were to improve 2 places then that would make them the second best car on the grid. I dont believe this will happen as i dont believe Honda have the right people to make a really competitive car.

Alright lets look at your examples

In 2004 Renault finished 3rd in the constructors championship and in 2005 they finished 1st in the constructors championship. Thats a leep of 2 places.

In 2005 Ferrari came 3rd in the constructors championship and in 2006 it looks like they will come 2nd in the constructors championship. That is a increase of one spot.

By the 2 examples you gave the most a team can really move around is one or two tors championship. If Honda were to improve 2 places then that would make them the second best car on the grid. I dont believe this will happen as i dont believe Honda have the right people to make a really competitive car.

ok, u want better examples? how about mclaren jumping from 4th to 1st 1997-1998?

BAR jumping from 6th or 7th up to 2nd in 2004?

And whilst renault 'only' moved 2 places 2004-2005, in 2004 they were WAY behind ferrari, but in 2005 were a long way ahead of ferrari. Neither team had major changes in budget or personnel.

Ferrari came 3rd in 2005 yes, but you must admit they are massively more competitive this year. Plus they only really got 3rd cos of the US GP when they had a free 18 points.

You say Honda can't make the 2nd best car, but u forget that they did this only a couple of years ago

You say Honda can't make the 2nd best car, but u forget that they did this only a couple of years ago

I remember that all to well but since 2004 the team has made some changes including the firing on a key member of the techniqual team which will effect their 2007 car performance. I hold Honda in the same regard as Toyota. They have alot of money but dont know how to spend it.

Honda have never had quite as good facilities as the other teams. They now have a full scale wind tunnel and it has helped them a lot as its pulled them back up from midfield to regular point scorers and occasional race winners. If they didnt have that dip midway through the season they would be ahead of mclaren by now.

I remember that all to well but since 2004 the team has made some changes including the firing on a key member of the techniqual team which will effect their 2007 car performance. I hold Honda in the same regard as Toyota. They have alot of money but dont know how to spend it.

i agree but if they have all this money y dont they buy som decnt drivers they weont win anything with button as their "best" driver