Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Alonso Does A Volte Face

Fernando Alonso made headlines on the Thursday before the Japanese Grand Prix when he said he felt "alone" in the Chinese Grand Prix the previous weekend. He intimated that he had not got the full support of the Renault team in that race. But, the day after making those remarks, he issued a statement saying that all was well between the team and him.

"I was surprised by the strong reaction to what I said yesterday in the press conference," he said. "I expressed very clearly that these were only my personal feelings, and that I completely understand and accept the team's decisions.

"Last night, I explained that to the team and to Fisi (teammate Giancarlo Fisichella), and there is no problem. Every single person at Renault is fighting to the maximum to win the championship. I don't know what people see from the outside, but within the team, we have a fantastic atmosphere right now. And we are determined to come out on top."

------------------------------------

Is Alonso a two faced @#$%^ or is it just the media ????

I feel this outstrips JB's turn around on his Williams contract

I feel this outstrips JB's turn around on his Williams contract

Hardly. If Alonso acted like Button did then right now Alson would be trying to get out of his McLaren contract as MclAren dont look like they are going to be fast next season. Most people may dislike him but atleast he honours his contracts.

JB was a million times worse.

I think the media made more to the story, but I still think he's being abit two faced aswell.

i dont think he's being 2-faced, I just think he's trying to cover up what he said before, and in all honesty the media did make it out to be a lot worse than it really was, with headlines like "Alonso turns his attack to Fisichella". Its an entirely different situation to the JB contract disputes

'Alonso Is Not Going to Have Those Moments at McLaren'

Bernie Ecclestone thinks reigning world champion Fernando Alonso is going to miss the Renault team.

The F1 supremo told the magazine 'Grand Prix' that he often spots the 25-year-old Spaniard, who recently slammed his colleagues for not helping him to win the 2006 title, 'relaxing' with Giancarlo Fisichella and Flavio Briatore.

"He is not going to have those moments at McLaren," 75-year-old Bernie said. "Of that I am sure.

"Okay, he is going to win races for them and be very competitive. But his day-to-day life is going to be different. Ask Kimi. I don't have anything against McLaren, but they work in another way."

Bernie also said Kimi Raikkonen decided to leave Dennis' Woking based team because he was 'not happy' at McLaren.

www.paddocktalk.com article

For once in my life, I'm actually feeling sorry for the guy.....

'Alonso Is Not Going to Have Those Moments at McLaren'

"Okay, he is going to win races for them and be very competitive.

:unsure: