Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

What Do You Do For A Living?

What the hell are you posting here for? Get back to work!!!!!!! ;)

I can't help myself because I love F1 and you need a hobby for the sake of your sanity! And what the hell, it's the weekend!!

:lol: Someone has to pay Ben! Anyway you won't have that much debt surely? Remember you pay it back through the tax system so its really just an extra tax, not extra debt.

Thats really interesting. If you don't mind me asking, where do you work?

Not at all, I work at the University of Ottawa across the pond in Canada.

not a nice way to welcome a guy mike. As far as i know he's not been posting much and then with these remarks don't help him either.

No worries, I'm not so thin skinned!

Even really smart people have huge problems getting money if their family is really poor.

:rolleyes2:

if that would have been teh case there wouldnt be 20 million Indians "world wide" who have displayed great "survival instincts" and been succesful in places as wierd as Oz ;)

and believe me it takes morethan an IQ of 150 to be successful

I'm a car salesman with ethic's, rare I know but true.

I agree with you Argento.. as may ethics as you think you have aussief1, you are still at the bottom of the list for the people i would trust! ;)

Actually i think i remember hearing somewhere that cars salesmen are at the bottom of everyones list, they are like the most untrusted profession in Australia! Bad to sterotype but the profession comes with a bad name.

:eusa_think: Kinda like being a hooker.. all the additional names and thoughts most people have about you just come with the profession even though in some cases they are far from true

:rolleyes2:

if that would have been teh case there wouldnt be 20 million Indians "world wide" who have displayed great "survival instincts" and been succesful in places as wierd as Oz ;)

and believe me it takes morethan an IQ of 150 to be successful

:rolleyes:

You Indians are so full of yourselves...

I agree with you Argento.. as may ethics as you think you have aussief1, you are still at the bottom of the list for the people i would trust! ;)

Actually i think i remember hearing somewhere that cars salesmen are at the bottom of everyones list, they are like the most untrusted profession in Australia! Bad to sterotype but the profession comes with a bad name.

:eusa_think: Kinda like being a hooker.. all the additional names and thoughts most people have about you just come with the profession even though in some cases they are far from true

The only other people to come to mind with worse reputation are...yes...POLITICIANS!!!!!!! And for the hookers as we say "...on the next election vote for hookers! We

Only to those three Canadians who have cable TV.

Which is all of us. You know full well Mike that everything is frozen solid up here from April to October, including the doors to our homes. Really all we can do is stay indoors eating whale meat and watching cable until everything thaws out in the spring...

I work for an American eye-care company. I am in charge of the imports/exports department.

Thrilling, isn't it? :yawn:

Argento, country fellow man, I think you and I should team up and start working on the Gabriel Mazzacane's shrine. The world deserves to know! Even Schumacher praised him (he said "Gabriel speaks very good spanish") :harhar:

Which is all of us. You know full well Mike that everything is frozen solid up here from April to October, including the doors to our homes. Really all we can do is stay indoors eating whale meat and watching cable until everything thaws out in the spring...

:lol:

The only other people to come to mind with worse reputation are...yes...POLITICIANS!!!!!!! And for the hookers as we say "...on the next election vote for hookers! We

:lol: thats a good one!!

Im glad to say that i have one of the most respected and trusted professions that there is.. nursing. Makes me feel good to know that people value your profession even with all the Sh#t that goes with it!

I take it you mean that literally?

:)

I used to be a sales manager for a publishing company. The pressure and bulls##t got to me in the end so i put the suit in the wardrobe and decided to get down and dirty. I now restore classic cars. I specialize in the restoration of the Morris Minor, the quintessential British car of the 1960's. My work is ground up nut and bolt restoration. I can do complete structural rebuilds, paintwork, re-trimming, all mechanical work and modifications. My last project was grafting a Nissan 200SX Turbo chassis and running gear onto a standard Minor body. Tricky, but fun. http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/cliffb75/minor6.jpg

I used to be a sales manager for a publishing company. The pressure and bulls##t got to me in the end so i put the suit in the wardrobe and decided to get down and dirty. I now restore classic cars. I specialize in the restoration of the Morris Minor, the quintessential British car of the 1960's. My work is ground up nut and bolt restoration. I can do complete structural rebuilds, paintwork, re-trimming, all mechanical work and modifications. My last project was grafting a Nissan 200SX Turbo chassis and running gear onto a standard Minor body. Tricky, but fun. http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/cliffb75/minor6.jpg

Great stuff :thbup:

I take it you mean that literally?

:)

:lol: yes i guess your right there! Actually, people do some weird and not so wonderful things to their body so its kinda funny to watch them come in and try to hide what they have done or lie about it,, all you can really do is laugh at them. The funny stories make up for the yuk jobs that come with the profession!

i gt 10 a* and 1 a at GCSE and im workin in somerfeild now wow how good life is but im doin a levels now so cant complain to much

and 545 an hour for som1 under 18 that int bad im tryin 2 buy a bike now so i need the money

Well I'm still a student so I don't do much as a job, just administrate parts of a large website, but that is voluntary work. I'm going to go and do Criminology next year, so maybe for a living I'll be locking some of you up? :naughty:

Started life out as an Apprentice motor mechanic, then moved into audio Engineering / technician....

Have been in this industry for 12 years.....

12 years too long..... ha ha..

progressed through the industry into management and technical sales.....

i am now going to change and become a cop.... i have done all the bits n pieces iam just waiting for a reply as to which intake...i am really looking forward to it.. it should be a great change.....

other jobs part time DJ over weekends.. played in Syd Clubs and Central Coast , Newcastle to all the bogans. Music was my other passion apart from F1....

thats about it..

cheers,

I always thought you were an engineer Dan for some reason. I might ask your advice on investment banking someday. How long hours do you work?