Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

What Do You Do For A Living?

When I was in my country (Dominican Republic) I used to work for one of the biggest bank in the world in MIS department, then I came to USA and I am working third shift as a Security Guard in a lab.

I know I will get something better as my english improves, I'm learning a lot with all of you, this forum is helping me a lot to do that :thbup::thbup: , so be patience with me if I don't find the right words to say something.

well we've learnt something today - graphic designers spend too much time NOT doing their job!

We've just mastered the art of muti-tasking Jem, deadlines don't even faze us anymore... :lol:

I know I will get something better as my english improves, I'm learning a lot with all of you, this forum is helping me a lot to do that :thbup::thbup: , so be patience with me if I don't find the right words to say something.

your english is very good. A lot better than many other members, but I admire all people who speak more than one language

I have sex with old, wealthy ladies. It pays my tuition fees at uni.

On the off chance that you are serious about the uni part, what do you study?

Well as of the last 6 weeks i teach English (as a foreign language) to Spanish children & businessmen - its really good fun though the pay is crap here but I can use it to work round most of the world if i want - :D

Before that i was doing a government office job (yawn!!!!) - cushy number but boring as hell

It takes about a year to get around Maya abba_g, but persevere, you can go anywhere in the world once you mastered it......

ho..thanx mate...thats a news for me! well...i look forward to post one of my designs on this forum later...and let you guys judge it! becasue though i may not have got along with all the members quite a lot of time, the knowledge about cars we all seem to have is quite amazing when compared to many other forums.(you guys must be knowing)

When I was in my country (Dominican Republic) I used to work for one of the biggest bank in the world in MIS department, then I came to USA and I am working third shift as a Security Guard in a lab.

You're doing quite fine mate, wishing you the best of success with the USA venture...

On the off chance that you are serious about the uni part, what do you study?

Actually I was just joking about the second part. Oh Ok then I do study physics. I think thats similar to you?

or for those of you that are too lazy to study just buy your degree off the intrernet like i did :P:P

for 80 quid i have a degree now in English Lit

Trust me I'm a car salesman :D

I'm slowly moving away from selling, to be in more of a management position at the moment.

Used cars salesman? How can we trust on you!!! :unsure:

The best college for that is here in California. The Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. Go there.

I think there are more choices around the world. The Art Center is one of the most famous and definitively the best american design college, but is you like to open your mind and contact other people and other cultures you have the IED (European Design Institute), the Domus Academy at Milan, Umea in Sweden (a little bit cold!), Royal Art College (UK) and Pzforheim (Germany) just to name a few of the most famous. You can get more info in www.cardesignnews.com and www.carbodydesign.com

I

I get paid to sit on Forums all day :D

I occasionally do a bit of Performance Analysis for a UK/India based call centre, but no one listens so I've kind of been concentrating on the Forum part of my job lately.

well we've learnt something today - graphic designers spend too much time NOT doing their job!

No..we spend a lot of time arguing with people like you jems...

Yeah, I could use a Gilles Villeneuve banner if you're up for it? :)

Really??? yeah, will be an honor...making graphic design to a graphic designer...thankyou!

Started working life as a mecahnic for a racing car manufacturer, several lifetimes later...... now sales director for a web development company - design, seo, sem, software development, websites for schools and lot's of good stuff.

Someone earlier said there are many creative-types here, reading thruough this post I'd certainly agree. Wonder if there's any weird reason why :eusa_think:

I think there are more choices around the world. The Art Center is one of the most famous and definitively the best american design college, but is you like to open your mind and contact other people and other cultures you have the IED (European Design Institute), the Domus Academy at Milan, Umea in Sweden (a little bit cold!), Royal Art College (UK) and Pzforheim (Germany) just to name a few of the most famous. You can get more info in www.cardesignnews.com and www.carbodydesign.com

I

There's no need to insult me by saying I need to contact 'other cultures'; if you have a case, then present it please. I maintain that The Art Center is the best for automotive design.

okie! the truth is that i would like to stick to europe (not because i dont like america or i got anything against them), what about design courses in swiss and italy? i heard the european institute of design in italy have special classes in english just to attract indian students!!!

I

The best college for that is here in California. The Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. Go there.

even if i want to do d course there, how much scholarship can a student expect? :eusa_think:

There's no need to insult me by saying I need to contact 'other cultures'; if you have a case, then present it please. I maintain that The Art Center is the best for automotive design.

EDIT: That is not to say that other schools aren't also viable choices....

Quite so Argento, Mike (Autumnpuma) is by far one of the most open and fair-minded members of our humble forum....

As for careers, I am a loathsome muck-raker by profession - to which my many friends here will surely attest!!!

Jay, I forget...are you a prosecutor of the innocent or a defender of the guilty? ;)

Seriously, it's a noble profession. Many personal heroes of mine were lawyers.

Quite so Argento, Mike (Autumnpuma) is by far one of the most open and fair-minded members of our humble forum....

As for careers, I am a loathsome muck-raker by profession - to which my many friends here will surely attest!!!

You ands your ilk are sharks in the water, but seeing how my son-n-law is of your profesion and make a decent living for my daughter and grandkids I will not say a bad word :D