Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

What Do You Do For A Living?

Well guys what a mess! First of all my apologies because I think my english is not as well as it should be! Mike far from me any insult intention. The fact is that a good designer needs a good cultural background just to understand what the people like all around the world because today can be designing at USA and tomorow at Japan or Europe. I suggest Europe because he is american in the same way I suggest USA if he studied at Europe. Just to now the other half of the design world.

Regarding IED (Istuto Europeo di Design in italian) is one of the most regarded schools in the world and personaly I ranked very high the italian industrial and automotive design. The other schools are first class too including the Art Center. Nevertheles each schools have its strenghs and weaknesses or better said a slightly different orientation and is very important to find whats sui to you.

Regarding the course I am doing, it

I'm a sales manager in Venezuela for a ladies underwear firm based in Colombia. They love Colombian textiles in Venezuela so it's goes quite well for us here.

your english is very good. A lot better than many other members, but I admire all people who speak more than one language

I wasn't doing it so well at the beggining, some people here were complaining about it but I'm getting better thank to you all.

You're doing quite fine mate, wishing you the best of success with the USA venture...

Thank you my friend, all I need is to keep reading all your post with a good dictionary and all be on my way to success.

Well guys what a mess! First of all my apologies because I think my english is not as well as it should be! Mike far from me any insult intention. The fact is that a good designer needs a good cultural background just to understand what the people like all around the world because today can be designing at USA and tomorow at Japan or Europe. I suggest Europe because he is american in the same way I suggest USA if he studied at Europe. Just to now the other half of the design world.

Regarding IED (Istuto Europeo di Design in italian) is one of the most regarded schools in the world and personaly I ranked very high the italian industrial and automotive design. The other schools are first class too including the Art Center. Nevertheles each schools have its strenghs and weaknesses or better said a slightly different orientation and is very important to find whats sui to you.

No worries, my friend. :D I see your point about being culturally aware to help design autos. I bow to your greater knowledge in this area. I can see the logic of an Italian school being on the cutting edge. I personally think the Italians design the best-looking cars/motorcycles/furniture, etc....

Here's another thought for anyone wanting to get into car design. Toy companies, such as Mattel (Hot Wheels) employs automotive designers for their line of cars. I can tell you, some of the most cutting-edge designs are on some of those toys!

Murray, I'm not saying ;)

I designed an f1 car for a hobby.

I would recommend getting a cheap design program and start playing.

Heres a couple of pics

I designed an f1 car for a hobby.

I would recommend getting a cheap design program and start playing.

Heres a couple of pics

Nice job!!! :clap3:

What program do you use?

Nice job!!! :clap3:

What program do you use?

Believe it or not its a architectural program called Sketchup, I started playing with it, and went too far!

Go to sketchup.com and you can download a free 8 hour trial.

Its not exactly meant for this kind of designing, but its a good start for 3d design.

I have since started to learn Catia, which is what is used in f1 and its a whole different ball game.

I have sex with old, wealthy ladies. It pays my tuition fees at uni.

Will you be going to the protest in London on the 29th against top up fees. I am, should be fun fun fun, well I should be going but im seeing girls aloud the night before in london so i may be a little hungova knowing me.

I'm a student for all those who didnt know at uni and I study law. I'm also a professional alcoholic, but so is every uni student! :lol:

Believe it or not its a architectural program called Sketchup, I started playing with it, and went too far!

Go to sketchup.com and you can download a free 8 hour trial.

Its not exactly meant for this kind of designing, but its a good start for 3d design.

I have since started to learn Catia, which is what is used in f1 and its a whole different ball game.

Sketch Up is cool. I've tried it but generally use Architectural Desktop and Vectorworks Architect for my work. And a bit of Photoshop. Solidworks looks good, and I've used Rhino (excellent) and Revit but Catia isn't really cut out for my stuff.

Ben, try not to get arrested......... :P

Sketch Up is cool. I've tried it but generally use Architectural Desktop and Vectorworks Architect for my work. And a bit of Photoshop. Solidworks looks good, and I've used Rhino (excellent) and Revit but Catia isn't really cut out for my stuff.

Ben, try not to get arrested......... :P

Nice to meet another Sketcher sir. :thbup:

Will you be going to the protest in London on the 29th against top up fees. I am, should be fun fun fun, well I should be going but im seeing girls aloud the night before in london so i may be a little hungova knowing me.

I'm a student for all those who didnt know at uni and I study law. I'm also a professional alcoholic, but so is every uni student! :lol:

No because without tuition fees the wealthy, old ladies wouldn't take pity on me any more. Actually I think fees are not as bad as they sound because they're tiny in comparison to a lawyer's salary. You'd be much worse off if we paid higher taxes instead!

Um actually this country is over taxed so i will also protest about that too!

and how the **** am i supposed to get a flat with about 33,000 pounds of debt?

Well it seems (aside from the lingerie guy) that I'm a bit of an oddball around here. I'm a cellular/molecular biologist and do research pertaining to cancer and heart disease.

Well it seems (aside from the lingerie guy) that I'm a bit of an oddball around here. I'm a cellular/molecular biologist and do research pertaining to cancer and heart disease.

What the hell are you posting here for? Get back to work!!!!!!! ;)

Um actually this country is over taxed so i will also protest about that too!

and how the **** am i supposed to get a flat with about 33,000 pounds of debt?

:lol: Someone has to pay Ben! Anyway you won't have that much debt surely? Remember you pay it back through the tax system so its really just an extra tax, not extra debt.

Thats really interesting. If you don't mind me asking, where do you work?

What the hell are you posting here for? Get back to work!!!!!!! ;)

not a nice way to welcome a guy mike. As far as i know he's not been posting much and then with these remarks don't help him either.

I`m a "field technician" on an "oil account node" just before oil refinery plant.

I make technical service for some equipment: like turbine flow meters, temp and press transmitters, density and viscosity meters, auxilary, etc.

Dear God. Someone with less humour than the Americans. Heaven help the forum.

Yeah Murray Walker, that was a weird reply - must be 'that' time of month...

Love the difference between American and English (being very general here!) humour though - the American friends I have over here are really into slapsick-type humour and very much into Python. Not the programming language, I mean the Monty variety ;)

Actually I was just joking about the second part. Oh Ok then I do study physics. I think thats similar to you?

Well yeah sort of.

Interesting :)

Humour of different countries is interesting. In general Americans do think more slapstick homour whereas Australians and British people have a very simular style of humour with is abit more subtle and sophisticated.

:lol: Someone has to pay Ben! Anyway you won't have that much debt surely? Remember you pay it back through the tax system so its really just an extra tax, not extra debt.

Thats really interesting. If you don't mind me asking, where do you work?

Thats the average student debt now, 9,000 tuition fee's, 9,000+ on accomodation, shopping, books, going out, alcohol, it all adds up.

Thats the average student debt now, 9,000 tuition fee's, 9,000+ on accomodation, shopping, books, going out, alcohol, it all adds up.

Id hate to live in England. In the 1970's university was free in Australia. This was great as it meant that anyone smart enough could become a doctor or a lawyer but unfortunatly the right wing party got back into power and now only the rich smart people can go to university.

Id hate to live in England. In the 1970's university was free in Australia. This was great as it meant that anyone smart enough could become a doctor or a lawyer but unfortunatly the right wing party got back into power and now only the rich smart people can go to university.

Feeling left out are we? :lol: