Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Belgium

I really think it was the best race of the season, despite Burti's moment of horror and that Schumi won. Schumi needs to stop the winning, its starting to get boring!

It was a shame that Montoya stalled, and with Ralf, HAHAHAHA! I mean youd think that tens of skilled engineers and mechanics who have been in F1 for years would notice that they dont even have a car on the ground!!!!! I can imagine what Ralf was talking to Michael about after the race, "Hey Michael, youll NEVER guess what the mechanics did today!"

And what did I say about Benetton??? I told you that theyd be on the up, and in Monza they get a new evolution of their engine, so what we saw today wont be such an uncommon thing in coming races.

Too bad though, had Benetton stayed crappy we wouldve seen Mika on the podium, and god knows I need to hear him speak English again so I can have myself a little laugh. But even though he didnt say it, Im guessing he was holding off Barrichello to help DC, its only a guess but its what I think.

Lot of passing also, especially at the end of the Kemmel straight after Eau Rouge. I mean we saw Mika overtake Barrichello (I think, or was it a Benetton), DC took Fisi there, Barrichello took Alesi, Schumi lapped countless cars there. I tell ya, it was a great one to watch!

Jens, I agree with most of what you say but JPM's stalling would have made no difference as he has the ability to blow up his engine regardless.

This time people can't say it's because of a long pit stop either because Ralfie was stationary for a long time (hard to be anything else when you are 100mmin the air) & his engine didn't expire.

Go Ralfie 2002

Montoya does have that ability to always get the car broken, I dont know, but I think its just  case of the Mika's (that meaning its the car's fault).

But I dont agree with Ralf 2002, for me its Mika (HAkkinen, Salo's Toyota wont be up to it yet) all the way next season! DC wont do it, I think he'll be all positive-minded at the start of the season, but eventually he'll realize that Mika is just better and do what has happened the past two seasons.

I could not believe it when Williams left Ralf up on the jacks, talk about a c##Kup, that sort of thing should not happen in F1, its like going to work and forgetting to put your shoes on...

As for Mika, Jens.  I would put money on it, that he will not be at McLaren next year and for the type of money he wants, I doubt he will be in F1 at all as I cant see him doing 'a damo' and going to a lesser team for a season...I hope I am wrong as Mika is good value when he is on fire, but I have a feeling he is gone...

yes yes yes it was the greatest race we have had. i emphasis the word race other than the winner. he must be stopped  maybe we can slip something in ms' food. haha. or how about give him one of montoyas engines.

come on montoya is cursed the man is a legend he just drives a beema thats the problem. maybe they should put him in ralfs car. we all know that he cant over rev the engine its not the movies like driven. which i only just saw the other day. head himself said that!!

yes mika is a legend too but all good things come to an end, i hope he cleans up at least one more time to show us just how good he is and he has a titanic battle with schumie or montoya haha. bring it on!!! hopefully it will be in japan and i can see it.

Don't think it's the engine, I think Monty has a bit of the Stirling Moss about him, just too hard on the car.

People criticise Ralf for not being able to overtake but if overtaking means blowing your engine then there's not much point doing it is there?

I have to disagree with you Jagman. The RS mistake is more like going to work and realising on the train you are naked. I bet that is how the Williams boys felt wth the eyes of the world on them.

How was it for the Ferrari drivers. RB qualifies 5th but some how finds himself effectively starting from second (and he still couldn

some people 'feel' naked without their shoes on! ;)

And MS, qualifies third, but effectively was given pole position....Call me crazy, but that sort of 'gift' is not needed for MS...