Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Dissection Of A Rookie

Nico Rosberg: He started well but then slipped in form. I'm not confident of his ability to set the car up for races. He seems a bit confused about what he wants from his car to make it go fast. I give him a 'maybe' for another season---basically, let him race next season if no better option is available.

Surely he is no better then sato?

Here is a fact I find, that pushes my point.

In 02, Sato's rookie season he scored 2 points, in a Jordan. In 06, Rosberg's rookie season, he has scored 4 points.

If the point system were both on 06 standard, Taku would have scored the same amount of points as Rosberg, in a Jordan that clearly wasn't any good. The Williams of 06 IMO is better compared to the 02 Jordan.

So why was everyone reaching for the kleenex over this kid?

I know some people will say "oh Sato had a crash here here and here"

What about Rosberg? he hasn't been sparkling clean. I mean in Germany alone he smashed it into the wall twice in 1 weekend.

Thats my 2 cents.

Speed is in the same position as Karthikeyans and ides(hom muchever you do not like it) he is Sh#t as you say so for yourself and yet you bear to see him in STR next year? At least NK did not "waste" a drivers role on the grid like your precious speed is doing.

So far, AJ, Speed is wasting as much F1 seat-time as Narain has. The ballance sheet is equal in that regard.

I never said i agree with your post all i said was "Another Word"

But in so doing you apparently did agree with me. Shall I explain the meaning of the term?

He does deserve a testing role in williams i say why not, just because YOU think he is not deserving does not make him undeserving.

:huh: Yes it does. I represent truth on this forum.

And seriously that is not praise. praise is if some1 says he deserves a race seat with kimi instead of Massa.

It is praise, unwarranted praise. To suggest Massa should be replaced by Karthikeyan is just praising him to an even more absurd extreme.

he is Sh#t as you say so for yourself and yet you bear to see him in STR next year? At least NK did not "waste" a drivers role on the grid like your precious speed is doing.

I don't want Speed on the grid next year...

Robert Kubeetza: He was fast in testing but that didn't prepare me for the impressive race form he had. He was 'on it' from word go. He's a keeper and quite worthy of being in F1.

Worth is determined by points and championship standings. What is Kubica's worth?

Nico Rosberg: He started well but then slipped in form. I'm not confident of his ability to set the car up for races. He seems a bit confused about what he wants from his car to make it go fast. I give him a 'maybe' for another season---basically, let him race next season if no better option is available.

The son can only emulate the father. What was Keke's worth? Graham's?

Scott Speed: Out of all the Americans to choose from, Red Bull pick Speed....He's not doing badly, but he's not fast enough for me to give him another year. Take away his sponsorship and let's see if any team grabs him on talent alone....is that crickets I hear?

No active American driver could have done better than Scott Speed this season.

No active American driver could have done better than Scott Speed this season.

that is nt being discussed as hat can be said about nk as well (he is the best indian driver that could have come last season)

Yes it does. I represent truth on this forum.
Newsflash:- you do not represent truth on any forum.
It is praise, unwarranted praise. To suggest Massa should be replaced by Karthikeyan is just praising him to an even more absurd extreme.

i never said this. I SAID IF SOME ONE SAID SO THEN IT WOULD BE A PRAISE but no one said that. maybe u should read more carefully.

I don't want Speed on the grid next year...
But i don't see you protesting his presence on the grid like u are for a tet driver like nk
So far, AJ, Speed is wasting as much F1 seat-time as Narain has. The ballance sheet is equal in that regard

Ya it is but speed has got a race seat for next year.

I'll bet AJ Allmendinger could have

Whose Allmendinger? Sorry but don't know him.

Ya it is but speed has got a race seat for next year.

True. His marketing clout was more than Narains, apparently.

Whose Allmendinger? Sorry but don't know him.

An American racer in the ChampCar (not the oval-running IRL) series. He raced against Speed in their karting days. Allmendinger has the focus, talent and fire to do a better job than Speed.

Worth is determined by points and championship standings. What is Kubica's worth?

How is it then that Alonso advanced up the grid from Minardi?

Anyway, your lot do praise NK. Last season and still to this day you all agree that NK outperformed Monteiro despite the hard evidence that the opposite was true;

What evidence :blink:

he is deserving of a testing role at a top or mid-grid team.
What qualifies you for a testing role in a top or mid grid team? Williams right now are lower mid grid anyway.
The only shred of credit I give him is that he is not as bad as the Karthikeyans and Ides who have also found their way to the grid in recent years.

Speed's been quite dire, I doubt if you've noticed him spinning all over the place.

You know that Speed should be tied with Liuzzi on points but for that penalty in - where was it? - Canada for passing under yellows...

And that's an excuse?

Anyway, here are the more detailed stats on the relative performance of the STR teammates:

Qualy - 11-6 for Liuzzi

Fastest Laps - 9-8 For Liuzzi

Finishes - 10-7 for Liuzzi

Points - 1-0 for Liuzzi

And for the 2005 Jordan teammates:

Qualy - 9-9

Finishes - 12-7 for Monteiro

Points - 7-5 for Monteiro

I don't have the fastest laps comparison between the two Jordan drivers but I trust you'll post it.

Conveniently leave out Karthikeyan's reliability problems and the fact that Monteiro had the new car arace earlier :yawn:

What qualifies you for a testing role in a top or mid grid team? Williams right now are lower mid grid anyway.

Speed's been quite dire, I doubt if you've noticed him spinning all over the place.

And that's an excuse?

Conveniently leave out Karthikeyan's reliability problems and the fact that Monteiro had the new car arace earlier :yawn:

There are lies, devilish lies and then there are statistics..............

Anyway, you know that the prime reason for creating this thread so that NK's detractors could have a go at him, although there will be vehement denials forthcoming. Long live Karthikeyan, he keeps this forum alive !!!!!!!!!!.

No coincidence, Monteiro never set a time for the 2005 Japanese GP.

Speed was doing relatively as well against Liuzzi (as Karthikeyan was against his teammate). Do you have it now or should I post in some Indian dialect?

since tiago made a mistake,that quali lap from narain ,in which he outqualified pizza boy doesnt count,so would hockenheim count in monteiro's favour then :eusa_think:

Get a grip!

Get a life. You are becoming insanely boring

Do you have it now or should I post in some Indian dialect?

An Indian language would do, not necessary to get to dialects. If you really want to make sense do it in Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Kannada, Gujarati, Oriya, Telegu and Malayalam to start off with. If we still don't get it you could get down to Sanskrit or Bengali or something like that......

since tiago made a mistake,that quali lap from narain ,in which he outqualified pizza boy doesnt count,so would hockenheim count in monteiro's favour then :eusa_think:

Rewrite that in coherent English and I'll try and respond.

Uhhmm, how about the points table? :eusa_think:

Well for starters, the ability to run consistently fast laps. That is something Narain is famously incapable of...

Speed has been quite dire and I've called for his removal but IMO Karthikeyan was worse.

Weak.

:whistling:

youy just dont seem to get it,do you

not my fault

What's not your fault, that Karthikeyan underperformed Monteiro? I agree, it's Karthikeyan's fault.

:huh:

Er...i guess i came to this topic in a bad moment but...

1) Kubica without a doubt was impressive. Do not compare him against Nico, or Speed. Compare him against someone like Ralph who earns millions more and has a lot more experience...enough said. (Don't give me the qualy, best lap, etc. data...they have different cars...just watch them drive!)

2) Nico made many rookie's mistakes. He seems to have the potential but seems still green compared with Kubica.

3) Ide...poor Ide! All I can argue in his favour is that he seemed more reluctant than his team about accepting the job in the first place. Ralph, again, pulled some shunts that were close to those of Ide, and walk away indemned!

4) Speed vs Liuzzi vs NK (?) vs rest of the world: just after a grudge reply to Cavallino in another topic, I find myself agreeing with him here: Liuzzi seems much better than Speed for me. Oh yes, he is not spectacular, he is not as fast, but he is more consistent and less prone to crashes. If to win a race the first thing you must do is finish it, then Liuzzi is closer to do that than Speed. And he did drive a spectacular race at Indy this year. He is not as marketeable as Speed but he did a nice job (let's not forget that under all the fancy colors its a Minardi these guys are handling!) Speed is not bad, mind you, just not as mature as a driver.

(And yes!!! I am biased!!! I am not objective!!! Don't you dare accusing me of something I already admitted!)

:mf_tongue:

I will be happy to make a bet on Kubica winning a race next season :)

:lol: how much do u want to bet then? I'd happily bet against that happening. These days only 4 or 5 drivers win a race during a season, and Kubica isnt gona be 1 of them in 07!!!

:lol: how much do u want to bet then? I'd happily bet against that happening. These days only 4 or 5 drivers win a race during a season, and Kubica isnt gona be 1 of them in 07!!!

I offered first and I'll take the full amount he has available to back up his claim so I'm afraid you're p**s out of luck mate ;)