Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Testing Stats 2006

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_new...es_art_id=29717

If I copy paste, the formatting will just get screwed up, so it's better if you just go to the link and see.

Michelin surprisingly still comprehensively beat Bridgestone in terms of testing miles.

Honda seem to have used their days the best most, surprising to see Ferrari so far behind.

Schumacher and Button are the two busiest full time race drivers, Fernando is far down and Kimi - well he did a bit more than Karthikeyan.

Paffett's been busy - I think he's had his shot and more, if he isn't getting the drive it isn't someone else's fault.

Clearly Kovaleinen has been primed up for the Renault job all year, Hamilton will have some catching up to do there.

Next year's testing limit is supposed to be 30,000 km, I don't see the big deal about that, all but two are within that already :unsure:

Aguri have done pitifully little, so have Midland, but Aguri in particular - makes you seriously question their credentials and ambitions.

Ferrari seem to rely on their race drivers far more than Mclaren and Renault.

For a joint number one, and being in a new team, Barrichello is an awful lot behind Button. Lack of commitment, or he wasn't asked?

Thanks for the info, Cav.

Regarding Super aguri and Midland, it may be a simple lack of funds that limited their testing rather than a lack of ambition. Of course, Schnaider hadn't got a clue but I think it's a likely explanation. As for Rubens, well, I suspect that he simply wasn't asked. Some number ones are more equal than others........

I agree that the 30k limit seems a bit pointless when you look at this year.

Back to Aguri, it'll be more indicative of their commitment when they have to design a car of their own. Then we'll see.

I think Rubens scolarship will end on 2007! The paddock thinks there is little to improve on his F1 education: he is polite, he is always smiling, always accepts team orders and make his team mates looks very quick!!!! Could you ask for more?

Super auguri and Midland ar for patch grid holes, nothing more nothing less. And remember Williams were patching grid holes on mid 70s and then there were the saudi petrodollars... and Patrick Head.

The only comment I'd make is that I'd prefer to see Piquet Jr. in that Renault instead of Heikki Kovalainen. I have a gut-feeling that Piquet Jr. is faster and more aggressive that Heikki. Also, I don't relish having to spell 'Heikki Kovalainen' all next season...ugh...

I think Rubens scolarship will end on 2007! The paddock thinks there is little to improve on his F1 education: he is polite, he is always smiling, always accepts team orders and make his team mates looks very quick!!!! Could you ask for more?

Super auguri and Midland ar for patch grid holes, nothing more nothing less. And remember Williams were patching grid holes on mid 70s and then there were the saudi petrodollars... and Patrick Head.

Insightful. Let's hear more from you.

The only comment I'd make is that I'd prefer to see Piquet Jr. in that Renault instead of Heikki Kovalainen. I have a gut-feeling that Piquet Jr. is faster and more aggressive that Heikki. Also, I don't relish having to spell 'Heikki Kovalainen' all next season...ugh...

Heikki was hungry and not afraid to be bold at the race of champions. Jr trades on his Dad. I'm not saying he's not fast but i prefer seeing a lad come up on his own merit.

Just use 'HK' Mike. :D

Piquet jr is next on my hate list, he suggested that Fisi will retire after next year and he can take his seat :angry:

Yeah I just read that, bloody c#cky statement if you ask me considering he will have to work alongside GF over the winter months and for the 07 season.

I think that he assumes that the race seat is his for the taking, now with Flavio as his manager.

Renault were the ones that were the most vocal about the need to the 30000km limit and they were one of the two teams that went more, kinda ironic.

[

Piquet jr is next on my hate list, he suggested that Fisi will retire after next year and he can take his seat :angry:

yea he seems like a cheeky little git, but with fisi on a 1-year deal, Piquet is probably going to get his wish

Piquet Jr's ace and I hope fisi does retire so he can get the seat!!!!

Heikki though is also great and deserves a shot

[

yea he seems like a cheeky little git, but with fisi on a 1-year deal, Piquet is probably going to get his wish

He's not if he is going to take it for granted :mf_tongue:

Piquet Jr's ace and I hope fisi does retire so he can get the seat!!!!

Heikki though is also great and deserves a shot

I'm not convinced of that. I'd put Fisico and Piquet Jr. in the Renny for '07.

I'm not convinced of that. I'd put Fisico and Piquet Jr. in the Renny for '07.

I was thinking it might've been Fisichella and Webber for Renault next year,as Webber has Flavio as his manager,but Red Bull is a good team anyway.

I haven't really seen much of Heikki,but Piquet Jr is a c#cky git so I don't want him to have a race seat.

Like father like son. I want Piquet Jr. in a seat because he's a fighter. If you watched any of the old 'Rocky' flicks, Piquet has that 'eye-of-the-tiger'. All HK has is a quickish reputation after beating Michael in the Race of Champions thing...

Like father like son. I want Piquet Jr. in a seat because he's a fighter. If you watched any of the old 'Rocky' flicks, Piquet has that 'eye-of-the-tiger'. All HK has is a quickish reputation after beating Michael in the Race of Champions thing...

Ah yes Rocky III,wat a classic :thbup:

Many people think of his 'fighting' spirit as arrogance,I expect Piquet Jr. to get a race seat in 2008 so I guess we'll see then how quick he is.

All HK has is a quickish reputation after beating Michael in the Race of Champions thing...

well he's supposed to be the new alonso so the pressure's on

I agree that the 30k limit seems a bit pointless when you look at this year.
actually the 30k limit is from Jan 1,i remember reading somewhere ...

so add another 10k to these "inseason" testing stats to actually get the total milage of all teams in '06 http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_new...es_art_id=27270

and if we account for the tyre testing component ,which wont be necessary next season,i think the testing limit sounds sensible,coz otherwise the "rich" teams would have demanded the same 45k they had this season ....

Is the race of Champions held in that high esteem. I thought it was more of a joke / bit of fun than anything else.

I'm yet to form an opinion on HK, but I will bet he will be the one to end GF's overrated career.

Hehehe...I would like to see Piquet Jr in a Renault for the same reasons. On second thoughts...I would like to see him running for any other team except Renault. If he is anything like Piquet Sr. then it would be fun to see him getting off the car and start delivering blows to everyone around him. Fun, but nothing I would like to see in MY favourite team. I haven't seen that much of HK so I am in no position to judge him, from the little I saw, he seems very promising, though.

GO RENAULT, GO!

GO ALONSO, GO!

GO, LIUZZI, GO!

Ahh...the best years of F1 are still to come!