Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

You Call Yourself What?

Got to thinking about people's screen names and just what the heck they might mean. For instance, Kaisersalsek completely confuses me :D

So...anyone care to share the story behind your screen name?

Autumn=I was born in autumn and it remains my favorite season.

Puma (Cougar)=My favorite animal.

pretty boring, but whatever....

Im actually called ben, jenson_rules came about cos i think jenson is a good driver and my fave driver thus he ''rules''.

"Fer" is a nickname I got in university. It is actually the last part of my first name Christopher. When I was a toddler a friend of mine, also a toddler, couldn't say "Christopher" and so she called me "Ferfer". She visited me once in university, everyone got drunk that night of course and this story got out. I've been called "Fer" by my university friends ever since. My wife and sister-in-law even call me Fer. Sometimes my wife will call me Fer and my two year old daughter will start playing around and saying it to see what my reaction will be. So there you go!

ecapdeville = eduardo capdeville...

boring as death... :lol:

My username is simple.

My a proud Australian and I love Formula One. Easy :)

I think this topic was covered in another thread. But who cares, it's always very interesting to hear the reasons behind some of the more the more imaginative usernames. :D

My username is simple.

My a proud Australian and I love Formula One. Easy :)

I think this topic was covered in another thread. But who cares, it's always very interesting to hear the reasons behind some of the more the more imaginative usernames. :D

Sorry for reviving a long-lost thread, but with all the newer people perhaps it's good to run it through again...?

Thanks to everybody so far...really interesting...

ecapdeville = eduardo capdeville...

boring as death... :lol:

Depends on what you believe in after death ;)

I'm AJ. I live in bombay study in UIUC. I tried getting a name on the lines of schumi/ ferrari and couldn't thnk of anything better so i put goferrarigo, and it got accepted. i think i used to play cs that time so the go go go command stuck in my head and thus thats what came out. lol

Well, I'm going through a pretty bad patch. That should explain the nickname.

Got to thinking about people's screen names and just what the heck they might mean. For instance, Kaisersalsek completely confuses me :D

So...anyone care to share the story behind your screen name?

Autumn=I was born in autumn and it remains my favorite season.

Puma (Cougar)=My favorite animal.

pretty boring, but whatever....

If my memory serves me right, I have read somewhere that the Puma is the animal with the maximum number of alternative names.To name a few : Cougar,Mountain Lion.

your first name cant possibly be Jem? isnt that short for gemma? my mate calls herself jem.

its not short for anything. Technically 'jem' is meant to be short for james or jeremy (i looked it up) but my name is just jem. Yes, some girls are called jem, but its the name i'm blessed/cursed with

Monza, why else would I be on here witha sick bucket/my bin lol next to me chilling with a glass of water and some paracetamol. I need to go into London this afternoon, dunno if i can cope with that, and yes im going out clubbing again tonight.

Oh ok jem, I didn't know that!

The dude that was made up and "killed" everyone in that movie "The usual suspect", never really paid attenttion to this user's name up to now Mike... :o

The dude that was made up and "killed" everyone in that movie "The usual suspect", never really paid attenttion to this user's name up to now Mike... :o

Yeah, except it was Kaiser Sozey.

are you a fan of irish females then? I am too now, I love your accents, you speak so damn quick its hilarious

its not short for anything. Technically 'jem' is meant to be short for james or jeremy (i looked it up) but my name is just jem. Yes, some girls are called jem, but its the name i'm blessed/cursed with

The only time ive heard the name Jem for a boy is in "To Kill a Mockingbird" - if your called after this book/film then that is pretty funky :king:

are you a fan of irish females then? I am too now, I love your accents, you speak so damn quick its hilarious

haha not funny enough i like my men too much Ben :D I agree though, we do speak extremely fast. I have started teaching at a new school this week, where there also happens to be 2 other Norn Irish peeps working - we speak slowly enough when we are teaching or apart but when we get together no-one can understand us its great - add alcohol into the equation....... :clap3:

lol my mate tries to teach us riverdance when we are all drunk, its so funny, and yes she seems to talk even faster when drunk.

theres a gypsy field near me full of irish folk and they always hang out at the local cinema, not actually watching anything. One time 1 of them actually spoke to me, and instead of saying 'film' they say 'fillum' i found it funny but i didnt dare laugh, civilised irish people are scary enough, let alone pikeys

theres a gypsy field near me full of irish folk and they always hang out at the local cinema, not actually watching anything. One time 1 of them actually spoke to me, and instead of saying 'film' they say 'fillum' i found it funny but i didnt dare laugh, civilised irish people are scary enough, let alone pikeys

:blush: Actually thats the way i say "film" too (fillum) - caused no end of problems when i lived in England (i lived in Bedford for 2 years - without arguement the biggest sh&t hole in the world) - also when i asked for Bacon they got confused too - they thought i was asking for baking powder!!!!!!!

Why do civilised Irish people scare you - we (along with maybe the Scottish) are the friendliest nation in the world - its a well known fact :king: but yeah beware the pikeys :D

scots arnt friendly.

cariona cant say words beginning with th. like think becomes tink etc.