Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bogs

BMW Announces Drivers For 2007

A line up of good drivers... Add to that the fact that Bmw are improving very quickly!

Heres to Bmw beating Honda in 2007... ;)

It is not a bad line up, but there is someone better free around there? They took all the time they have and it seems they didn

Why didn't they wait till the end of the season to make this annoucement? Remember after the Monza podium, Theissen said that he had already stated that he would wait until the end of the year, and that he was a man of his word. I wonder if there wasn't some other team sniffing around that made him make this move sooner?

Why didn't they wait till the end of the season to make this annoucement? Remember after the Monza podium, Theissen said that he had already stated that he would wait until the end of the year, and that he was a man of his word. I wonder if there wasn't some other team sniffing around that made him make this move sooner?

That maybe the case, but it was only 4 days earlier than he said.

Thats hardly grounds to say he is not a man of his word

I am awaiting McLaren's announcement more than this from BMW.

Same here the BMW-Sauber announcement was just a formality.

Kubica earn it

Congrats for him

Next season Kubica will end the season at 5th or better place :)

If BWM keep on improving at the rate now I think Kubica should be getting there or better like you said

i don't think BMW gonna be that good next year ...we have to wait and see....

next year Mclaren gonna be on top again wait and see......people alwyas forgeting that Fa is a very lucky person FA and MS arfe really the same they are both good but they are both very lucky..

KR next year with ferrari he gonna be good to and i think he gonna challenge for title ....

and don't forget Reanult either their 2 drivers can win next year ....

Honda they gonna push for that l;ittle they need to challenge but its not gonna be easy for Button cos rubens is good as much as him.....and next year is his 2 year with the team.....

the rest wishing for redbull and williams and even toyota

but for sure BMW gonna struggle.....at least i hope so..heheheh

Im sure you are.... Who is Alonso going to drill in 2007... Pedro or Hamilton???

Yeap..me too.

Maybe Ron or Haug will fight for 2nd seat. :lol::lol::lol:

A line up of good drivers... Add to that the fact that Bmw are improving very quickly!

Heres to Bmw beating Honda in 2007... ;)

:lol: no chance. BMW are just Sauber but with a different name and colours.

And I'm gona laugh next year when I prove you all wrong and Heidfeld DOES outscore Kubica

And I'm gona laugh next year when I prove you all wrong and Heidfeld DOES outscore Kubica

Tell that to Toyota, the team with the biggest budget in F1 who happen to be behind Bmw in the constructors!

I do agree though (at the current moment in time at least) that Heidfeld is better than Kubica!

Heidfeld is seriously under-rated. He performs well nearly every single race and brings in the points in. He was easily a match for webber and villeneuve (and pantano of course)

Heidfeld is seriously under-rated. He performs well nearly every single race and brings in the points in. He was easily a match for webber and villeneuve (and pantano of course)

Exactly!

Im a big fan of his too.

Yes... I have much more interest in McLaren's announcement.

Heidfeld will have to carry the team next year. I don't think BMW will finish any higher in the standings next year.

And be luckly to hold on to 5th/6th?

Kubica has shown promise ... but will he be a one hit wonder??? We'll see.

Tell that to Toyota, the team with the biggest budget in F1 who happen to be behind Bmw in the constructors!

I do agree though (at the current moment in time at least) that Heidfeld is better than Kubica!

Heideld may have scored only a couple more points but consider this:

1. Kubica has not seen most of these tracks before

- he has to learn the lines

- he has no set-up data from previous years

- the conditions were changing during the Friday sessions for the last few races, so it limited the racing even more - basically he was learning during Saturday practice and Qualifying

* therefore his qualifying has suffered

2. He was faster during the race in both China (where after going off on the first lap to miss an accident ahead of him, he raced through the pack like they were standing still, and was setting fastest laps before the gamble to dry tires)

And in Japan, well.... judging by lap times, and the "Kubica is faster" comments from Dr. Theissen, Kubica was faster.....and Nick had a temper tantrum about these comments.

And, Kubica had a point taken away in Hungary, and deserved the point more than Nick in Japan.

At worst, Kubica and Nick have been even over the races they have gone head to head on. But remember, some of those races were in the wet, and Kubica had never driven an F1 car in race conditions before these races and on tracks he had never been on before!

No... BMW is much better than Sauber was. Yeah... Nick has always been better than his teammates, unfortunately media likes rookies...