Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panchito

Williams Signs AT&T As New Title Sponsor

WilliamsF1 has landed something of a financial coup by concluding a multi-year title sponsorship deal with communications giant AT&T, which is currently a McLaren partner.

The news is a massive shot in the arm for a squad that has endured a difficult season and has been without a principal backer since HP quit at the end of 2005, along with BMW.

Now thanks to this deal and a three-year factory Toyota V8 engine supply, Williams looks set to emerge in rude health from its most barren spell since becoming a world championship force in the late '70s.

About time Frank and Patrick got some cash for the team. But is it enough to help them back towards the front? It still ain't a manufacturer budget. Jettison Mr Michael. That would help.

Hmm freebie Toyota engines, new cash injections. :eusa_think:

Mark Webber is an idiot as he will find out next year. I predict another Newey lemon.

While I don't think RBR will produce a complete lemon, I wouldn't be surprised if the Williams is superior.

Lemon is a harsh term, I mean by the standards everyone seems to expect from Newey. The 'they might win few races' optimism is misplaced. Teams don't rise out of thin air.

I agree completely. After all, Newey has proved that he can be responsible for some less than effective designs.

This is great news for team Willie, ditto for ditching Sam.............

As a Williams fan this is obviously great news, a world brand with great reputation, the sponsorship is believe to worth around 50M$ per year, which is very good, along with the new staff which is already hired some clouds are beggining to stride away in AT&T Williams F1 Team :)

Williams revamps its technical team

As we revealed some weeks ago Williams has been busy building up its technical staff with the appointment of Renault's deputy head of aerodynamics Jon Tomlinson becoming head of the Williams aero department in March. He will be joined by former McLaren senior aerodynamicist Amit Chakraborty.

The team's new chief designer Ed Wood has been in place for several months but he will be joined by former Williams man John Russell, who was chief designer at Jaguar Racing before heading off to Australia for three years in the V8 series.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17669.html

Lemon is a harsh term, I mean by the standards everyone seems to expect from Newey. The 'they might win few races' optimism is misplaced. Teams don't rise out of thin air.

Red Bull has a extremely experianced design team as not only do they have Adrian Newey but also other engineers which they have taken from teams like Renault, Ferrari, McLaren and Honda. I can understand these engineers not working well together for the first year but im hopeing by now that the team of engineers will have gelled as a unit and create a fast car. Horner has already said that the Rb3 will be a huge leep in performance. What that means exactly is unclear but i think it means regular points and occasional podiums.

Hello Guys If you are looking for best medicine online at your door step then you must visit us. You may also get recommnedation of our side for your concern. Lets explore all varieties of medicines for our beneficial customers and give them all possible solution for their issue related to Sleepless Nights, over weight, Erectiile dysfunction etc. We are here suggetsing you genuine feedbacks from our experts. We offers   pharmacy delivery near me

ykickamoocow

Re: Red Bull has a extremely experienced design

>Is this why these people ARE in sport because the ARE so dumb, didn`t they go to school?
The correct saying SHOULD have been;
>> Red Bull has AN extremely experienced design

cavallino

Re:Teams don't rise out of thin air
> RedBull Racing DID
Where/who were, RedBull Racing until Newey?

Then suddenly out of thin air, finger boy (Vettel) and RedBull Racing DOMINATE for YEARS 
and soon disappeared off the radar. NOW partnering with Honda and their $$MILLIONS hoping for a similar impact.