Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Webbo Slams Schumi!

Losing the WDC despite having the best car for the majority of the season was a much better achievement. :lol:

That's funny. Did you think that up all by yourself?

I had Michael help me... By doing it this season.

But he fact is he did not have it majority of the season. Reno has an unchallenged car for the first half and ferrari still had to battle it out with reno in the secong half

That explains Bahrain nicely, doesn't it...... I didn't no round 6 was half way either.....

Also I said best car majority of the seaosn, not totally dominating (like most of WDC's) car.

That explains Bahrain nicely, doesn't it...... I didn't no round 6 was half way either.....

Also I said best car majority of the seaosn, not totally dominating (like most of WDC's) car.

Okay, it's only fair if your favourite driver is as good as the driver you're constantly complaining about. Now come on mate, Im assuming your favourite driver is Sato. You're like JV, constantly complaining for no reason, even when youre not involved in the situation. See how bad JV can be as a rolefigure???? I told you to not buy his album!

Webber is my favourite, Blitz. I feel its perfectly reasonable I'd post in a thread involving him. :rolleyes:

The guy still in F1 ;)

haha.. of course, I wonder will Webber be standing one day able to retire with nothing left to prove. Em I doubt it. I'd say when that day comes, it'll still be a case of, 'Who is Mark Webber'

We all commented when JV was shown the door that there would be no one left in the sport that would speak their mind. Mark Webber comes out and speaks his mind just like JV did/still does and everyone is up in arms. He didn't throw that much dirt on MS he just said what most of the other drivers are too scared of saying.

Make up your mind guys.

He'll hopefully be able to say he never cheated, like the oh so great cheatmacher, though.

The fact you seem to know some stuff about him just proves your "whos is Mark Webber" is a load of crap.

Im sure If Mark gets a dominating car like Michael has had for most of his WDC's, he'd cash in a bunch of poles, wins and wdc's too. Ide could probably do it too in the 02 and 04 Ferraris....

He'll hopefully be able to say he never cheated, like the oh so great cheatmacher, though.

Whatever gets you through the night. Given the same circumstances Schumacher had to win some of his titles theres not another driver wouldn't have taken them.

Whatever way you look at it, cheating or not, he would still have carved out the greatest of careers.

Remember this - Nice boys finish last.

The fact you seem to know some stuff about him just proves your "whos is Mark Webber" is a load of crap.

As inthe general population. My granny doesn't know who Mark Webber is.. Nor will she should she stick around to see out his career.

Im sure If Mark gets a dominating car like Michael has had for most of his WDC's, he'd cash in a bunch of poles, wins and wdc's too. Ide could probably do it too in the 02 and 04 Ferraris....

You keep telling yourself that.

You have to earn yourself the best car... Schumacher didn't just climb into the top car in 96.

If it was that easy we'd all be in F1.

Not the top car, but the 2nd best, which still isn't a bad car to be in.

Im not saying Schumi wouldn't of won his WDC's wheather he cheat or not (except 94) but anyone who cheats (especially as much as he did) shouldn't be praised. The only reason so many of the n00b F1 fans joint up to his bandwagon every year is because they don't know what he done in the past.

Cheats should NEVER prospure. Sadly this one did.

Not the top car, but the 2nd best, which still isn't a bad car to be in.

Im not saying Schumi wouldn't of won his WDC's wheather he cheat or not (except 94) but anyone who cheats (especially as much as he did) shouldn't be praised. The only reason so many of the n00b F1 fans joint up to his bandwagon every year is because they don't know what he done in the past.

Cheats should NEVER prospure. Sadly this one did.

In a perfect world - thats not the case though.

As I said before, given the same oportunities any self motivated, success driven driver would have done the same thing.

I'll praise Schumacher forever because pure and simple - The great things he did, far and away outweigh the bad.

Theres been plenty of great champions in the past have done a lot of naughty stuff to get to number 1. Nostalga is the reason they aren't recalled to often. Well, that or the fact that some guys cheated when they could but still didn't win.

Anyway, you've got your opinion, but it wont change the record books and what they say.

In a perfect world - thats not the case though.

As I said before, given the same oportunities any self motivated, success driven driver would have done the same thing.

I'll praise Schumacher forever because pure and simple - The great things he did, far and away outweigh the bad.

Theres been plenty of great champions in the past have done a lot of naughty stuff to get to number 1. Nostalga is the reason they aren't recalled to often. Well, that or the fact that some guys cheated when they could but still didn't win.

Anyway, you've got your opinion, but it wont change the record books and what they say.

Yeh shure the record books will say he won a bunch of shiney plates, but in the process he undermined the sport! ALL of his acheivements must be called into question because of his unsporting, unethical and some would say downright cheating tactics!!!!

I say Bye Bye whomacher!

There was this story once about some guy who had a red car and the red car was faster than the other color cars. Apparently some people thought this guy was pretty good but other people who had watched the Sport of racing for many years could see that the Red car was faster than all the other cars....the story went something like that...there might have been some Cheating in there too...I can't remember the guys name though...seems to me it was something like boobaker, cheatmaker, nuflaker or whomacher...yeh that might be it whomacher, yeh that sounds kinda familiar........ :lol:

Okay, look, with ALL DUE RESPECT. Why do you live in a world with so many "If's" and "But's" and complains. The man CLEARLY earned his spot, it was not like, he came into F1 as Bernie's son. The man CLEARLY DOMINATED the sport. Now, the man is RETIRING, show some dignity. You're questioning his behaviour and personality, look at YOURS. Im trying my best not to offend you, but you, JV, spitfire, Webber live in this imaginary world where daisy and friends are always jealous of the people with chocolate milk. For christ sakes mate, how can you keep complaining about the greatest driver of all time. Look, look, this is report taken from BBC in 2003 (www.wikipedia.org)

In a poll of over 10,000 BBC readers and motorsport fans, Schumacher was voted the "Greatest Ever Grand Prix Driver", receiving 64% of the total votes; Ayrton Senna was second, with 26%; Juan Fangio was a distant third, at 4%. The poll was given in 2003, at which point Schumacher had won 6 of his current 7 World Championships.

Now, do you think the FIA had something to do with that TOO??? or do you think the british media is run by Jean Todt??? Okay okay, I agree too, he cheated in some races blah blah. But do you know why? Because he ISNT GOD. You cant expect anyone to be perfect, now take my comrade Moose's advice "Remember this - Nice boys finish last." and please stop the complains. Tytytytytytyty.

Okay, look, with ALL DUE RESPECT. Why do you live in a world with so many "If's" and "But's" and complains. The man CLEARLY earned his spot, it was not like, he came into F1 as Bernie's son. The man CLEARLY DOMINATED the sport. Now, the man is RETIRING, show some dignity. You're questioning his behaviour and personality, look at YOURS. Im trying my best not to offend you, but you, JV, spitfire, Webber live in this imaginary world where daisy and friends are always jealous of the people with chocolate milk. For christ sakes mate, how can you keep complaining about the greatest driver of all time. Look, look, this is report taken from BBC in 2003 (www.wikipedia.org)

In a poll of over 10,000 BBC readers and motorsport fans, Schumacher was voted the "Greatest Ever Grand Prix Driver", receiving 64% of the total votes; Ayrton Senna was second, with 26%; Juan Fangio was a distant third, at 4%. The poll was given in 2003, at which point Schumacher had won 6 of his current 7 World Championships.

Now, do you think the FIA had something to do with that TOO??? or do you think the british media is run by Jean Todt??? Okay okay, I agree too, he cheated in some races blah blah. But do you know why? Because he ISNT GOD. You cant expect anyone to be perfect, now take my comrade Moose's advice "Remember this - Nice boys finish last." and please stop the complains. Tytytytytytyty.

Relax man - yup he drove some fast laps in a fast car and he won a bunch more races that anyone else, does that make you a bit happier. OK sorry I am being a bit too sarcastic, just let me say I wanted to like Shu when he first started out, in fact back in the benetton days I was a fan, then came the fuel rig issue, then the driving into other drivers, then the double standards...it goes on and on. You have to admit that his tactics on the track were often unsporting and outside the bounds of the rules!

Polls of the kind mentioned above are nothing but junior school popularity contests.

It's great that you like the guy and all... but many people (including other drivers) think he simply did not play by the rules and indeed many times he was caught not playing by the rules. That makes his "greatness" questionable because it makes one wonder how many times was he not playing by the rules and just never got caught at it??? ALL of his accomplishments become questionable.

And frankly, about this subject, I could care less what anyone else thinks!

Relax man - yup he drove some fast laps in a fast car and he won a bunch more races that anyone else, does that make you a bit happier. OK sorry I am being a bit too sarcastic, just let me say I wanted to like Shu when he first started out, in fact back in the benetton days I was a fan, then came the fuel rig issue, then the driving into other drivers, then the double standards...it goes on and on. You have to admit that his tactics on the track were often unsporting and outside the bounds of the rules!

Polls of the kind mentioned above are nothing but junior school popularity contests.

It's great that you like the guy and all... but many people (including other drivers) think he simply did not play by the rules and indeed many times he was caught not playing by the rules. That makes his "greatness" questionable because it makes one wonder how many times was he not playing by the rules and just never got caught at it??? ALL of his accomplishments become questionable.

And frankly, about this subject, I could care less what anyone else thinks!

This is exactly what Im talking about, the complains never stop. He has done two or three things that can be questionable, but you guys crucify him. If you're talking about successes and personality, you cant compare him with any other driver, because any other driver is not successful as he is and doesnt even match up to his standards. That being said, he is always in the limelight, people look at him more then they look at you or they look at Sato. Do you think, people even care what Sato does? Obviously not, a couple of weeks ago. Fernando made a few statements which was misunderstood by the press. And what did they do? THEY CRUCIFIED HIM. Honestly, you guys could be excellent news reporters for your constant criticizing and lame complaints. Now he is retiring, let the fans have their last fun. You've spoiled the fun all season and youre still spoiling it for no benefit. You're spoiling the fun with reasons such as something years ago. The past is past, you live in the present, and the present does seem like michael is the greatest and always will be the greatest. And at the end of the day, you tell me to "relax", i wonder why.

And it's funny, you count drivers such as "Mark Webber" and "Jack Villenueve" as good professional opinions. We all know what their state is, where theyre landed. You choose their opinions over the polls. I would rather choose what people think instead of two lousy old retired drivers who are completely jealous and live in the past.

It's as simple as this, Schumacher didn't achieve everything noted in Blitzkrieg's signature by cheating alone. In fact, it didn't even go a long way to aiding that success. You have to go be good to get there and Schumacher was more than good. Of course people will always be jealous of such success and wish there was a noble winner who was up standing, clean and always by the book. But to be successfull as much as they you've got to live on the edge of the rules, doing what it takes to win.

What I loved about Schumacher was that it didn't matter how you won, just so long as you won. Thats why so many other drivers wont win a title or wont be half as successful.

Still I maintain my theory, had any other driver that raced in the Schumi era been in the same situation as Schumacher found himself in many times with the chance to be a champions, they'd have done the same.

Oh please stop the whinging here.

Like I said before, we all lamented about not having JV in the sport anymore, and that we would have no one to speak their mind now someone does just that and everyone decides to have a cry.

Thats my rant :D

And Webber has had the worst luck of the season and i doubt their are many who would disagree with me.

Yeah, and while we talking about Williams, I thought I'd mention that surely now its official that Rosberg is a Muppet! He has capped a pathetic season by talking out his team mate in Brazil. Wow, good effort!

I dont think webbers comments are really over-the-top, he's just being honest about it - and by the sound of it he's defended schumi in the past. All drivers feel like that about schuey but not many say it (well done to de la rosa who said it to schu's face after monaco!)

Yup - agreed. He said some things that make sense.

I'm not sad seeing him go, but then I still hold a candle believing he comes back - especially if R or M should miss races for some reason.

Yup - agreed. He said some things that make sense.

I'm not sad seeing him go, but then I still hold a candle believing he comes back - especially if R or M should miss races for some reason.

who is going to be the F1 villain from now on?

who is going to be the F1 villain from now on?

??????