Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Webbo Slams Schumi!

who is going to be the F1 villain from now on?

??????

I would guess Alonso. After all, Mikey was the villian when he burst onto the scene. It took a while for the press to see just how good the guy is (was?). It will be the same with Alonso.

As for Webber's comments, Good Lord people, get a grip! Worse comments than these have been made in motorsports history and I'll be glad when that attitude comes back! Is everybody too sensitive to hear some words honestly spoken?

Go take up knitting, as racing is a bit too rough for you!

I would guess Alonso. After all, Mikey was the villian when he burst onto the scene. It took a while for the press to see just how good the guy is (was?). It will be the same with Alonso.

As for Webber's comments, Good Lord people, get a grip! Worse comments than these have been made in motorsports history and I'll be glad when that attitude comes back! Is everybody too sensitive to hear some words honestly spoken?

Cheers to that, I'm a big fan of saying things the way they are

Agree,

MW is just taking over as the outspoken one, after JV's departure.

??????? Nobody is questioning his right to be an idiot, just pointing out that he is.

I quite understand that to a Michael/Ferrari fan his comments would sound 'idiotic'. To me, he's speaking a bit of truth and here's why I think that:

In a past interview in F1 Racing (right when Webbo first came into F1) Webber claimed to be a huge Michael Schumacher fan, even standing in a long line just to get an autograph and picture with Mikey. Now that he's actually on the 'inside' of Formula 1, he's seeing the situation with new insight that we don't have. His comments are based on what he has seen (and, incidentally, what we have not). Given that, I'll take them at face value.

People are human, if he had raced at the same time as Prost he would have seen flaws too. Rather naive of him to go in expecting perfection, and his comments about Michael's Suzuka behaviour are strange.

By the way did anyone read Mark Blundell, who said that Michael deliberately fried his clutch at Spa '91. And Louise Goodman is bad enough as a pit reporter, why on earth is she allowed make these lame attempts at journalism? Why the hell is every idiot being asked to write about Michael?

??????? Nobody is questioning his right to be an idiot, just pointing out that he is.

Spoken like you have a bit of first hand experience with exercising your own rights :lol:

My goodness i wonder why some of you Schumi fans go to such exctremes to defend his honour on an internet forum. Is it because some of the comments by Webber ring so true?

As for the 'who is mark webber" comments. I say who the hell are you? Webber is entittled to his opinion just as much as you forumites. In fact I think his opinion is probably worth a lot more the yours.

By the way did anyone read Mark Blundell, who said that Michael deliberately fried his clutch at Spa '91. And Louise Goodman is bad enough as a pit reporter, why on earth is she allowed make these lame attempts at journalism? Why the hell is every idiot being asked to write about Michael?

Oh, the OUTRAGE! Oh, the INJUSTICE!! :P

I quite understand that to a Michael/Ferrari fan his comments would sound 'idiotic'. To me, he's speaking a bit of truth and here's why I think that:

In a past interview in F1 Racing (right when Webbo first came into F1) Webber claimed to be a huge Michael Schumacher fan, even standing in a long line just to get an autograph and picture with Mikey. Now that he's actually on the 'inside' of Formula 1, he's seeing the situation with new insight that we don't have. His comments are based on what he has seen (and, incidentally, what we have not). Given that, I'll take them at face value.

What's the saying? never meet your heroes?

I don't find anything damning in what Mark has said. Essentially he's saying that Michael is ruthless to a fault but also pretty damned good. What's wrong with that? It's true.

And Louise Goodman is bad enough as a pit reporter, why on earth is she allowed make these lame attempts at journalism?

and who are you to judge journalism skills??? Please explain why you think she's so bad. I think she does a great job, and she always gets to the drivers just after they've retired from a race - i've read about what louise does and its far from easy getting ur microphone to the driver's mouth when there's about 20 others trying to do the same thing

Have you noticed how many of the drivers spend the interview staring at her breasts?

Give me a break... The drivers are barely interested in the supermodels fawning all over them let alone a 40-something sack of potatos like Louise.

Give me a break... The drivers are barely interested in the supermodels fawning all over them let alone a 40-something sack of potatos like Louise.

Maybe they just can't help themselves. I can assure you that they do. That said, looking at something in the shop window doesn't mean that you want to buy it.

and who are you to judge journalism skills??? Please explain why you think she's so bad. I think she does a great job, and she always gets to the drivers just after they've retired from a race - i've read about what louise does and its far from easy getting ur microphone to the driver's mouth when there's about 20 others trying to do the same thing

She asks the questions any muppet could, get someone in there who knows something about racing. Or someone hot (Tamara Ecclestone? B) ), but we rarely get to see her in Oz anyway. See Peter Windsor's interviews for example on Speed. Her articles on ITV are even lamer. She is the token woman, there to get the housewives interested, and that completely sucks.

And really, if the drivers stare at her, they are probably trying to flatter her, like DC does.

Yeah but i bet she's dirty. I would go for Louise rather than some inexperienced bimbo any day (or night). It's probably what gave poor old John boy the heart attack.

*Mrs dribbler walks in, dribbler quickly goes back onto iloveMichael-Schumacher.com*

Yeah but i bet she's dirty. I would go for Louise rather than some inexperienced bimbo any day (or night). It's probably what gave poor old John boy the heart attack.

*Mrs dribbler walks in, dribbler quickly goes back onto iloveMichael-Schumacher.com*

Oh dear...

:lol:

Have you noticed how many of the drivers spend the interview staring at her breasts?

Well, Louise is fairly tall...and the drivers are fairly short...I'd say they have no choice in the matter :D

Well, Louise is fairly tall...and the drivers are fairly short...I'd say they have no choice in the matter :D

And indeed men's heads naturally tilt slightly downwards when standing so staring at a woman's breasts is hardly cause for objection...

I don't like Michael as a person but I would have to agree with this. :thbup:

So you know Michael as a person?

These comments by Mark are coming from a guy who is far closer than any of us!

For me however, Shumacher was fantastic to watch, probably the best all round driver I may see.

So you know Michael as a person?

I dislike his attitude towards the press. I dislike his attitude towards his fellow drivers and I dislike his attitude towards my view of 'fair play'. Valid reasons for me to dislike him.

These comments by Mark are coming from a guy who is far closer than any of us!

I believe I made this point already, didn't I? :D

Further on her journalism adventures, did anyone read the diary she put up on ITV, instead of Kravitz's great work we get this rubbish :blink: What an appalling attempt at journalism, who the hell cares what DC thinks she was wearing, when she went to the gym etc. If she's the token woman in F1, she is giving all of them a bad reputation.

Further on her journalism adventures, did anyone read the diary she put up on ITV, instead of Kravitz's great work we get this rubbish :blink: What an appalling attempt at journalism, who the hell cares what DC thinks she was wearing, when she went to the gym etc. If she's the token woman in F1, she is giving all of them a bad reputation.

I agree with you. Louise is no journalist and is only there to interest the women who are sitting next to their husbands.

I dislike his attitude towards the press.

Not sure what you are getting at there, he is better than most drivers in that respect.