Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Webbo Slams Schumi!

Not sure what you are getting at there, he is better than most drivers in that respect.

Really? Most drivers, like Webber, make time for the press, even after a DNF. Michael is known for running past the press to avoid them. To be fair, I'm not sure how he does with the fans.

His one on one long interviews taken away from the weekends are some of the most interesting, so are his comments in press conferences on matters not directly concerning him. A lot is in the German media of course which you have to make an effort to find and understand. As for speaking to the press on race weekends, I don't blame him, people will always think the worst. e.g., after Monaco, over the Hungary matter, he simply said watch the TV pictures and make up your own minds - noone in the ITV/ British media caught that, they all interpreted it as a remark made to mock the reporters, and why doesn't he just tell us. It wasn't, he clearly meant "You'll make up your mind from the pictures anyway, so why should I bother talking."

His one on one long interviews taken away from the weekends are some of the most interesting, so are his comments in press conferences on matters not directly concerning him. A lot is in the German media of course which you have to make an effort to find and understand. As for speaking to the press on race weekends, I don't blame him, people will always think the worst. e.g., after Monaco, over the Hungary matter, he simply said watch the TV pictures and make up your own minds - noone in the ITV/ British media caught that, they all interpreted it as a remark made to mock the reporters, and why doesn't he just tell us. It wasn't, he clearly meant "You'll make up your mind from the pictures anyway, so why should I bother talking."

Fair enough.

I dislike his attitude towards the press. I dislike his attitude towards his fellow drivers and I dislike his attitude towards my view of 'fair play'. Valid reasons for me to dislike him.

I believe I made this point already, didn't I? :D

I think Cavallino has made a good case for explaining why you are wrong about Michael's attitude toward the press. Why do you think he has a bad attitude towards fellow drivers? I understand why you made your last commnet about the 'fair play'. That involves his on track action and is plain for all to see and have a view on, but i don't think personally we see enough of Michael's interraction with other drivers to be able to make a judgement on that.

Once upon a time, Webber's F1 idol was none other than Michael Schumacher. In this far away time, he had a mountain of respect and good words for the man, constantly giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Then one fine morning Webber joined the GPDA, not long after, he soon found himself disagreeing with his impressions of Michael Schumacher. Leading to him stepping down. Michael Schumacher leaves shortly after and in a flash Mark Webber is back as a GPDA director.

What a telling story about a driver's impression of Michael Schumacher. Don't ya think?

Have you got the F1racing magazine? He stepped down over the Turkey incident. Misconception that he was kicked out by Webber haters clearly.

The latest one, mine came yesterday, November 2006. If you don't believe it:

"Webber's election marks a return to the position he previously held before resigning in September 2005 in the wake of an on-track collision with Michael Schumacher"

Surely it doesn't add up with you anyway that he was "kicked out" yet voted back in the next year?

Fair enough. How you interpret that gesture depends on how much respect you have for him, and I don't have much left since the Williams saga.

Fair enough. How you interpret that gesture depends on how much respect you have for him, and I don't have much left since the Williams saga.

What Williams saga.

That was Button not Webber. -_-

I think Cavallino has made a good case for explaining why you are wrong about Michael's attitude toward the press. Why do you think he has a bad attitude towards fellow drivers? I understand why you made your last commnet about the 'fair play'. That involves his on track action and is plain for all to see and have a view on, but i don't think personally we see enough of Michael's interraction with other drivers to be able to make a judgement on that.

I think so too...read the post right above yours :D

I would guess Alonso. After all, Mikey was the villian when he burst onto the scene. It took a while for the press to see just how good the guy is (was?). It will be the same with Alonso.

As for Webber's comments, Good Lord people, get a grip! Worse comments than these have been made in motorsports history and I'll be glad when that attitude comes back! Is everybody too sensitive to hear some words honestly spoken?

Go take up knitting, as racing is a bit too rough for you!

i guess it could be kimi! :D ,

yep. worse comments have been made in the past (most of them true) :mf_tongue: , i wonder what was wrong in webbers attitude. non shumy fans have always acknowledged his talent, hard work and superb determination, but at the same time they have acknowleded his dirty side!

i agree with your points! :thbup:

I dislike his attitude towards the press. I dislike his attitude towards his fellow drivers and I dislike his attitude towards my view of 'fair play'. Valid reasons for me to dislike him.

I believe I made this point already, didn't I? :D

i agree with the last point! but not the rest!

I think so too...read the post right above yours :D

Sorry Mike, i don't understand what you mean.

Those statements are fair, those are valid reasons to dislike him as a sportsman. As a person well thats a different story.

What Williams saga.

The 'I love Williams till death do us part - maybe I don't love them so much but I'll stay - or maybe I will just go where the cash is - in fact joining Williams was the biggest mistake of my life' saga. He firmly belongs to the slick liar category. Besides, he threatened to not race at Monza, how dare he :mf_tongue:

The 'I love Williams till death do us part - maybe I don't love them so much but I'll stay - or maybe I will just go where the cash is - in fact joining Williams was the biggest mistake of my life' saga. He firmly belongs to the slick liar category. Besides, he threatened to not race at Monza, how dare he :mf_tongue:

1. Where did he threaten not to race?

2. When did he lie?

I think you'll find he didn't threaten not to race he simply said it was unsafe like every other driver did. He did want to be at Williams, he said in an interview recently that he'd have loved to have been at Williams for a long long time, if only it could bare some success. Saying he went for cash is nothing to do with any saga, that is an individual opinion - one that is not a majority one either (the majority believe he left to save his career). You're denying that joining Williams rather then Renault was a mistake? Where have you been the past two years?

Sorry but you're comment is rather like the media. Trying to make a story outta nothing.

Speaking to autosport.com after the meeting, Coulthard said: "The drivers are unanimous. This track is no longer up the safety standards required in Formula One - even though it falls in line with the FIA requirements.

"We feel it is unacceptable. The barriers are too close to the track, the gravel traps are more dangerous than tarmac and we are frustrated that nothing is being done. It did not help that the circuit director decided to cancels his plans to meet us."

Williams driver Mark Webber backed up the view that action is needed now

1. Where did he threaten not to race?

I remember them hreatening to not race at Monza unless things changed. That is heresy.

2. When did he lie?
His lovely I want to stay at Williams talk, while he was secretly inking a deal with RB.
Saying he went for cash is nothing to do with any saga, that is an individual opinion - one that is not a majority one either (the majority believe he left to save his career). You're denying that joining Williams rather then Renault was a mistake? Where have you been the past two years?

It would have taken a prophet to predict Renault's rise, or Williams' fall. Hindsight is easy.

So I'll leave you to digest it all... especially that such a 'slick liar' has been elected by the drivers to be a director and that Frank has said nothing but kind words when they went their separate ways.

Oh Frank has had kind words, more than you can say about Mark. And you didn't hear him on RPM criticizing Williams.

. You're denying that joining Williams rather then Renault was a mistake? Where have you been the past two years?
renault was never a realistic option,otherwise how would u explain their choosing a 25 year old rookie Instead of the red hot talent that is Webber :D

I remember them hreatening to not race at Monza unless things changed. That is heresy.

His lovely I want to stay at Williams talk, while he was secretly inking a deal with RB.

It would have taken a prophet to predict Renault's rise, or Williams' fall. Hindsight is easy.

Oh Frank has had kind words, more than you can say about Mark. And you didn't hear him on RPM criticizing Williams.

That is false, as it would have been published and it wasn't. Find the article.

Rubbish, he was saying he was sure about Williams while talks were in process and I believe Frank said Webber had handled it well and been open about it all. No slyness there. Just make believe. Yes, it is easy, that is not my point, my point is you say he left for cash, he left because he wasn't going to ignore Flavio twice, hindsight or no hindsight. Everyone criticisess not everyone admits their grumpy and says they wish everyone at Williams well in the future. Face it, that there was no saga at all, just two people going their own separate ways without anything broken. Frank wouldn't pay the rise he had promised which was the option on the contract, therefore Webber did nothing wrong.

As for narain, it is a well known fact he was offered to drive in 2005. I find it amusing you've missed that.

Just so people know what I'm talking about when I say Frank was very happy with the talks:

Williams said that he felt Webber's decision to hold out for an opportunity to join another top team, widely understood to be Renault or Red Bull, was understandable.

"Mark recognised that we were trying to do our best with what we could, but it didn't work out," he said. "It may suddenly come good, who knows?"

"I understand what the opportunity is. And anyone would do whatever it took to get that opportunity.

He has a realistic good chance of getting it and I sincerely hope it falls into his lap."

"He is a very good driver," Williams added. "If he gets the opportunity I feel he will make a lot of it. I will be very happy for him. He is a straight guy; he doesn't come with fancy ideas about himself. He tells it how it is. He is a man's man. He is everything. I would recommend him to anybody."

Not much secretly about that eh?

renault was never a realistic option,otherwise how would u explain their choosing a 25 year old rookie Instead of the red hot talent that is Webber :D

She was talking about for 05/06. He had the chance to join instead of fisi but went to Williams Instead.

She was talking about for 05/06. He had the chance to join instead of fisi but went to Williams Instead.
you dont get it ,do you.if what you state is true (and just not part of flavio's strategy to raise webber's market value), wouldnt he have signed, what prevented him ,TBH even in the winter of 04 Renault was the better team and had flavio had any intention of signing him,he would have done so and not let him off the hook.i find it highly surprising that you dont seem to be intelligent enough to get the point.

but this time around Frank went ahead and signed Wurz and nico to call MW's bluff :D

and surprise,surprise Flavio signed Heikki.

if this doesnt give the Webber fans an indication as to what Flavio and renault really think of Webber as a prospective talent,i dont know what will?

face it guys ,had flav and renault been convinced of Webber's credentials ,they would not have let him off the hook after '01

You don't get it. It was well documented that Webber had the chance to go to Reno.

I didn't bother to read the rest of your post, but as I scrolled back up I saw something about signing Wurz over Webber... What about Narain? had to have his sponsors get him a test drive for the same team? :lol:

You don't get it. It was well documented that Webber had the chance to go to Reno.
then why didnt /doesnt he drive for reno :lol:

tommorow some of the webboids will claim webber had a chance to go to ferrari,no, mclaren,no

bmw :unsure:

all baseless