Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

irishfemalefan

So What

GOD im really not sure - i have been a Ferrari fan for about 9 years & a Ms fan for about the same time - now hes gone what am i to do :eusa_think:

I hate KR (with a passion) - i except that his an excellent driver but cannot bear to cheer him on in any form!!!!!! FM however i am very fond of & really hope he continues to do well

So long story short, can i still support my team but yet only cheer 1 driver..........

I am also a big Heikki fan but not sure i could switch allegiance to Renault :blink:

No one is as great as him. I doubt I will continue watching F1, ah well once in a while.

my sentiments exactly

No one is as great as him. I doubt I will continue watching F1, ah well once in a while.

thatst what i thought too ( i cant see me having the same love & enthusiasm for the sport now hes gone) but in reality what else will i do with myself on race weekend - F1 has been such a major part of my life for so long now (god does that sound sad)

its so typical that now that i can watch all the Spanich winter tesing for free & get to the GP really cheapl my main interest (love) has gone - thats why i think i really have to try find someone else to support - though i imagine it will take many years before i give anyone else my backing to such an extreme

thatst what i thought too ( i cant see me having the same love & enthusiasm for the sport now hes gone) but in reality what else will i do with myself on race weekend - F1 has been such a major part of my life for so long now (god does that sound sad)

its so typical that now that i can watch all the Spanich winter tesing for free & get to the GP really cheapl my main interest (love) has gone - thats why i think i really have to try find someone else to support - though i imagine it will take many years before i give anyone else my backing to such an extreme

I've thought about it too, but if you look at it. I've disliked every other driver on the grid except for Michael. And I've been his loyal fan, since his F1 debut. And since, Ross, Jean and probably all the good guys are leaving, it's going to be hard to just change your favourite. I doubt Ferrari will be strong next year.

I had the same feelings when Damon Hill retired, but after a while JPM came along, and then later Massa and Kubi.

Stick around, someone will catch your eye. (and this time you can support them from a mediocre team to maybe greatness, time will tell. and thats what a true fan is all about.)

I had the same feelings when Damon Hill retired, but after a while JPM came along, and then later Massa and Kubi.

Stick around, someone will catch your eye. (and this time you can support them from a mediocre team to maybe greatness, time will tell. and thats what a true fan is all about.)

Well said, I liked JPM too. If he wouldve stuck around, Im SURE - next year would be his year. That guy's aggression and challenging spirit really caught my eyes.

thanks - i started supporting Michael around the time he joined Ferrari (not when he was kicking a## at Benneton) & when he joined them Ferrari were cr$p, but still i worshipped the guy!!!! I wuold like to support someone who as you said can work his way through the ranks - Kubica or Heikki is the closest at the minute but i agree it will take me a long time to find someone who i will support with such one sided passion

so now my main query is - can i continue to support a team but only one of their drivers - does anyone else on here????

ps yep i was a big fan of JPM too - he had attitude & guts - exactly what i want in my next Schumi replacement

thanks - i started supporting Michael around the time he joined Ferrari (not when he was kicking a## at Benneton) & when he joined them Ferrari were cr$p, but still i worshipped the guy!!!! I wuold like to support someone who as you said can work his way through the ranks - Kubica or Heikki is the closest at the minute but i agree it will take me a long time to find someone who i will support with such one sided passion

so now my main query is - can i continue to support a team but only one of their drivers - does anyone else on here????

ps yep i was a big fan of JPM too - he had attitude & guts - exactly what i want in my next Schumi replacement

Of course you can, I support Massa but not Ferrari, I support BMW SAUBER because of Kubi more than Heidi and I supported Williams only for JPM.

Thats the best part about being a fan, you can support who or what you want!

I find it incredible that so many of you are saying that you will stop watching. Without wishing to cause offence it seems that you have been supporting Michael for the wrong reasons i.e he was a great driver and a joy to watch. My point is that Alonso, Raikkonen and maybe now Massa will also be a joy to watch in the seasons ahead.

I tune in to see guts and determination with a slice of ruthlessness and to hear engines in anger. If you are a true F1 fan and have petrol running through your veins how can you suddenly turn your back on that? Why were you a Michael Schumacher fan if it wasn't to experience all of them spectacles?

I love all things Michael but i can't imagine my life without F1.

yeah i freely admit that watching KR (yuck), FA & hopefully FM next year will be enjoyable but i cannot see that i will watch it with the same passion that i have for so many years now - to be Michael Schumacher was what held my interest - even youve got to admit that since they made it more about the cars it has been a lot less enjoybale - i have now realised that it was MS and not Ferrari that was my one true passion

obviously i will still watch it - but im not sure how often i will get up (or stay up) to 4am to watch a race & if i will ever go to a bar in my own (which i did today) to watch it in the near future - i just really dont think it will have the same lure & appeal for me for quite a while (maybe never) :(

I'll continue to watch it but I'm not sure i'll watch it with the same passion now that Schumi's gone, it just wont be the same.

I've always liked Trulli and Massa has really grown on me. I'll always love Ferrari but I just dont really like Raikkonen - he's hard to like and theres others I'd have prefered to have seen in the Ferrari seat, but he's still a great driver.

Anyway, I guess I'll root for Massa and just hope that one day Bruno Senna reaches F1.

I repeat it again, you are almost the only schumacher and ferrari fan who loves F1...not just a race watcher.

congratulations, keep the F1 love flow.

F1 will loose many watchers...but its great again, we, the really F1 lovers will be here to follow the passion.

I was exactly the same, when Damon retired I had no other drivers I really liked so I decided to pick a team instead (and I went with Jordan becuase of their party image), but when JPM came along he soon became my fave driver.

I am sort of in limbo again, but being an Aussie I like to support Webber these days which has become very hard to do this season!, but there is so much young talent coming up through the ranks now, it wont be long until you have another driver you support.

the americans here will know the saying form the MLB comercail. When the Red Sox are out, its time to rute against the Yankes. so its time to rute against Fernando, even though we have been doing this all along.

Formula One is Formula One, drivers come and go, and each makes their mark on the sport, Michael made the biggest and no matter what you think, part of the 21st century F1 is going with him, some say the best parts some say the worst, but it really doesnt matter, MS has given us the time of our lives and now its time to say thank you.

I already decided that I will throw myself behind Kubi and BMW along with Ferrari and Massa, both those drivers and BMW really impressed me this year. BMW has a chance to become a top team and Kubi a WDC, and you know what, if massa plays his cards right, he too could be a WDC one day.

KIMI and MASSA all the way will get my support while i will be keeping a close eye on kubica. Kimi and massa are both amazing drivers and both will one day win wdcs

What's next?

1. Scott Speed

2. Kimi Raikkonen

3. Robert Kubica

In

That

Order

I find it incredible that so many of you are saying that you will stop watching. Without wishing to cause offence it seems that you have been supporting Michael for the wrong reasons i.e he was a great driver and a joy to watch. My point is that Alonso, Raikkonen and maybe now Massa will also be a joy to watch in the seasons ahead.

I tune in to see guts and determination with a slice of ruthlessness and to hear engines in anger. If you are a true F1 fan and have petrol running through your veins how can you suddenly turn your back on that? Why were you a Michael Schumacher fan if it wasn't to experience all of them spectacles?

I don't really care about F1. No one brings as much as joy as Michael does. I am more of a fan of Michael than F1. Michael brought me into the sport. As you say, you tune in to see guts and determination, and I dont see that in anyone else except him. Thats what makes me love him even more, he is a true inspiration.

I don't really care about F1. No one brings as much as joy as Michael does. I am more of a fan of Michael than F1. Michael brought me into the sport. As you say, you tune in to see guts and determination, and I dont see that in anyone else except him. Thats what makes me love him even more, he is a true inspiration.

Ok..goodbye then... :naughty:

You prove, once again, that you're a cut above :thbup:

As the duly appointed High Priest of Hamilton, I invite all the undecided M$ fans to come and be baptised in the sacred waters; emerging as a new and clean person; a supporter of the the one, true, driver. Lewis Hamilton.

Amen.

Hamilton is satanical, he is owned by the root of all evil. Do not be swayed by the sweet words above, all Hamilton supporters will go to hell, I assure you -_-

Fisi (dman poor race yesterday :( ), Albers, any Ferrari driver, the Fettle kid.

Hamilton is satanical, he is owned by the root of all evil. Do not be swayed by the sweet words above, all Hamilton supporters will go to hell, I assure you -_-

Fisi (dman poor race yesterday :( ), Albers, any Ferrari driver, the Fettle kid.

Heaven, Hell, such quaint concepts. Supporting Hamilton is Heaven without dying first.

GOD im really not sure - i have been a Ferrari fan for about 9 years & a Ms fan for about the same time - now hes gone what am i to do :eusa_think:

I hate KR (with a passion) - i except that his an excellent driver but cannot bear to cheer him on in any form!!!!!! FM however i am very fond of & really hope he continues to do well

So long story short, can i still support my team but yet only cheer 1 driver..........

I am also a big Heikki fan but not sure i could switch allegiance to Renault :blink:

Formula 1 is above Schumacher and anyone of its drivers. Schumacher would be missed, a new star will come. If F1 can survive Senna's tragic death, it will take Schumacher's retirement.

I am so regretting my earlier statement about leaving F1. For christ sakes, I totally forgot about the next great legend, the next schumacher, the one and only: Scott Speed.

Ferrari seriously shouldve taken Scott Speed instead of Massa. I know Speed will take over formula 1 in a matter of years. Patience, comrade, patience! VE VIL RULZ ZE VORLD