Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

irishfemalefan

So What

I like Alonso, Massa, and Kubica. With Massa at Ferrari and MS gone, Ferrari may actually be my favorite team again. A year ago I said Massa would be considered one of the very best drivers in F1. He has more victories then the great Jenson Button for goodness sakes.

I anxiously await an F1 that places more on Driver skills then the current F1. Sorry guys, but 19 year old kids performing as well as 10 year veterans shines a spotlight on the weakness in F1.

Viewing F1 with some detachment. Hoping for Ferrari domination. Won't care who from Ferrari is crowned WDC. Unlikely to watch races except for the last laps.

Also will relish Alonso limping into 6th place or below in every race.

I took a shine to F1 only because of Michael. I can't separate Michael from F1. It's the same for millions of others. Michael = F1 .

Find his successor who is well-known to be the Greatest Cheater on track.

I think Massa has some of his footsteps i.e. lying as and when he seems fit.

isnt it a bit silly giving urself the name of 'schumisucks' just as he's retiring???? now that he's gone ur nickname is pretty irrelevant! Unless u change it to 'schumisucked'!!! Either way ur just provoking tension and arguments

isnt it a bit silly giving urself the name of 'schumisucks' just as he's retiring???? now that he's gone ur nickname is pretty irrelevant! Unless u change it to 'schumisucked'!!! Either way ur just provoking tension and arguments

then 'schumisucked' as you wish.

I find it incredible that so many of you are saying that you will stop watching. Without wishing to cause offence it seems that you have been supporting Michael for the wrong reasons i.e he was a great driver and a joy to watch. My point is that Alonso, Raikkonen and maybe now Massa will also be a joy to watch in the seasons ahead.

I tune in to see guts and determination with a slice of ruthlessness and to hear engines in anger. If you are a true F1 fan and have petrol running through your veins how can you suddenly turn your back on that? Why were you a Michael Schumacher fan if it wasn't to experience all of them spectacles?

I love all things Michael but i can't imagine my life without F1.

Dribbler.... fantastic post....lovely stuff man,....

as for the others, I think people are really confused, they're confused as they can't grasp and see real talent, they choose to ignore it, what the future holds, who the real RACERS are or not, fits in with what Dribbler has stated so eloquently...people support a certain brilliant driver and when he leaves, they're so confused, they're even prepared to walk away from what they love most....

anyway, F1 is in very good hands, Kimi and Massa will fight each other hard next year, Button will mix it in, Alonso will always end 4-6th, Kubitza and Lewis is the young and upcoming stars... I quote, "Is'nt that worth waiting for, is'nt that worth dying for"....

I am also a big Heikki fan but not sure i could switch allegiance to Renault :blink:

Don't you dare! 'twould be an insult to Ferrari - Death before dishonour !

Red lives on ! The king is dead, long live the king !

Don't you dare! 'twould be an insult to Ferrari - Death before dishonour !

Red lives on ! The king is dead, long live the king !

It is time.......

the new King will reign,....King Kimi

I see everyone jumping on the "Massa is so great" bandwagon... The guy won a race yesterday in a car that was so quick The pope could have taken victory in it! SO WHAT...

He is good, but honestly I rate Button higher than him skill wise!!!!!

BTW, all these people saying they wont watch f1 now that Shumacher is gone just shows one thing... You not a true f1 fans, but rather obsessed glory hunters!

I see everyone jumping on the "Massa is so great" bandwagon... The guy won a race yesterday in a car that was so quick The pope could have taken victory in it! SO WHAT...

BTW, all these people saying they wont watch f1 now that Shumacher is gone just shows one thing... You not a true f1 fans, but rather obsessed glory hunters!

:thbup:

my my, could'nt have said it better myself Mr Wez....

:thbup:

my my, could'nt have said it better myself Mr Wez....

Thanks ;)

For those who believe in lady luck i would like to point out a fact: since FIARRARI anounced Kimi the reliability problems suddenly appeared... every coincidence with Mercedes engines is....

Assuming that they do find another driver to love, how will they cope if he is actually fairly Sh#t? Will they stick with him or will they ditch him and move onto the next bright young thing?

You prove, once again, that you're a cut above :thbup:

As the duly appointed High Priest of Hamilton, I invite all the undecided M$ fans to come and be baptised in the sacred waters; emerging as a new and clean person; a supporter of the the one, true, driver. Lewis Hamilton.

Amen.

Thank you Mike. I eagerly await the arrival of Lewis.

I am so regretting my earlier statement about leaving F1. For christ sakes, I totally forgot about the next great legend, the next schumacher, the one and only: Scott Speed.

It's good that you still have a sense of humour.

Assuming that they do find another driver to love, how will they cope if he is actually fairly Sh#t? Will they stick with him or will they ditch him and move onto the next bright young thing?

If they only started watching and supporting Schumi because he was winning, they will chop and change between the dead certs of the coming years or they will watch f1 from a distance.

It's easy for a Finn to be a Ferrari fan next season. :clap3: Or a Renault fan, but we don't know much about Heikki's consistency and race personality in F1 yet.

Schumi's absence gives new drivers, and maybe new teams, a chance to succeed big time. Personally, 15 years of him was enough. Maybe more than enough.

Now the big question is, does Massa even have a small chance to keep up with Kimi's pace next season. :eusa_think: And whether Alonso can lift McLaren closer to the top again. And.... and..... there's gonna be a lot to follow. :thbup:

For the record, I said Massa would be a contender in a Ferrari. I took a lot of heat from people over that statement. Some people may be jumping on the band wagon, but in my case I made this statement before Massa even turned a wheel with the Ferrari.

For the record, I said Massa would be a contender in a Ferrari. I took a lot of heat from people over that statement. Some people may be jumping on the band wagon, but in my case I made this statement before Massa even turned a wheel with the Ferrari.

I suspect Massa will not be able to match Kimi's speed next year.

For those who believe in lady luck i would like to point out a fact: since FERRARI anounced Kimi the reliability problems suddenly appeared... every coincidence with Mercedes engines is....

how do you expain reno's engine at monza?

I suspect Massa will not be able to match Kimi's speed next year.

Massa will be faster at least for the 1st hlf and keep kimi in competition for the second. This is probable the first time after a long time we do not know the number 1in the team.

For the record, I said Massa would be a contender in a Ferrari. I took a lot of heat from people over that statement.

No you take quite a lot of heat over saying that Massa would have been a championship contender for Ferrari this year if Michael had not been there, which is a very strange notion.

how do you expain reno's engine at monza?

Massa will be faster at least for the 1st hlf and keep kimi in competition for the second. This is probable the first time after a long time we do not know the number 1in the team.

Some tracks might suit Massa better, but in general, Kimi will destroy him.....

Felipe did exactly what I expected this season. He won a couple of races and made an arse out of himself more than once. He is improving though. I said a while back that he always looked to be on the verge of an accident, and I can't say that now. But I don't think he'll beat Kimi next year.

As for the topic at hand, I think a lot of fans will desert the sport since they followed Michael and not F1. He was something of a phenomenon in that respect. Those who love the sport will stay and someone else will worm his way into their affections. Couldn't say who, though.