Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

irishfemalefan

So What

I reckon Massa's speed towards the end of this season could be more down to the team's backing of him increasing (in relation to the likes of Barrichello or Irvine), which could in turn be down to Michael's impending retirement.

I am not convinced that Kimi has the personality to dominate the team in the way that Michael did and as a result, I predict that the battle will be a lot closer than some might expect. Ultimately, I would expect Kimi's greater natural ability to see him win that battle by the end of the season (possibly even convincingly in the end).

I don't see that Kimi can motivate a team, or mould it around himself. He seems to find it difficult to motivate himself.

I don't see that Kimi can motivate a team, or mould it around himself. He seems to find it difficult to motivate himself.

The athmosphere in the Ferrari camp is one of encouragement, helping each other. With Kimi starting anew at Ferrari, he might exorcise those bad demons from the Mclaren past and be invigorated, I suspect he will work hard to impress and build the team around him....

No you take quite a lot of heat over saying that Massa would have been a championship contender for Ferrari this year if Michael had not been there, which is a very strange notion.

Where did Massa finish this year in the points?

Last year I claimed Massa wouldn't be totally dominated by MS, like so many were claiming. I also think he will have Kimi's number next year. Kimi is fast, but Massa thinks more behind the wheel in my opinion. For sure next year Massa will be considered one of the top four.

How many more points would Massa have had if Michael had not been there? How did Michael's presence account for his miserable performances in so many races this season? You'd have a case if MAssa was finishing right behind Michael most of the time, that was patently not the case.

Mass finished 64 points behind Alonso, I don't know what your argument is really.

Where did Massa finish this year in the points?

Last year I claimed Massa wouldn't be totally dominated by MS, like so many were claiming. I also think he will have Kimi's number next year. Kimi is fast, but Massa thinks more behind the wheel in my opinion. For sure next year Massa will be considered one of the top four.

Here we go again with this stupid Sh#t! Do you know what Massa was like b4 he joined Ferrari???? Kimi at his age will adapt fairly quickly, he will trounce the opposition and teammate....

As for the topic at hand, I think a lot of fans will desert the sport since they followed Michael and not F1. He was something of a phenomenon in that respect. Those who love the sport will stay and someone else will worm his way into their affections. Couldn't say who, though.

Yes I hope his retirement doesnt have too big an impact on the sport. Undoubtedly viewing figures will go down, and a lot of tifosi will not attend races, but I just hope the sport remains strong!!

Yes I hope his retirement doesnt have too big an impact on the sport. Undoubtedly viewing figures will go down, and a lot of tifosi will not attend races, but I just hope the sport remains strong!!

They'll have the fastest car on the grid and if their driver's keep winning, I'm sure their support should still be strong

wait for sebastian :)

About Kathy pic (avatar with Nick and Vettel). Just said the true. Pole is so high (when we are thinking about F1 drivers and NH), that your "avatar" have to be higher, than widther ;) Just look at this pic ;) Robert and his younger brothers ;) or like You Katy said "babies" ;)

http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=k...o0893151rc8.jpg

By the way, I will be supporting this photographer in 2007 ;) Very talented man :)

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=g...key01phcby7.jpg

Here we go again with this stupid Sh#t! Do you know what Massa was like b4 he joined Ferrari???? Kimi at his age will adapt fairly quickly, he will trounce the opposition and teammate....

In my opinion he won't. Good thing about it is, we will see next year won't we. Lets make sure we bring this up again in 2007, OK.

How many more points would Massa have had if Michael had not been there? How did Michael's presence account for his miserable performances in so many races this season? You'd have a case if MAssa was finishing right behind Michael most of the time, that was patently not the case.

Mass finished 64 points behind Alonso, I don't know what your argument is really.

No Agrument, the point is only two drivers finished ahead of Massa. If MS wasn't there chances are FM would have ended the season with more points then he has now. He did have to give up tyres on a couple of occasions to ensure MS had the supply he needed. I know you know enough about F1 to know how important tyres are to ones performance. Don't you think that this Ferrari decision had an impact on some of Massa's results???I am just saying if MS wasn't there Massa would have been the Alonso challenger, he may have been back there away, but nevertheless he would have been the next in line.

He only screwed up a couple of races. Not too bad when you consider the mistakes made by Kimi, Montoya, JB, JV, Fisi etc.

I think Kimi will beat him but not by quite as much as I might have thought in the past. Kimi hasn't done as well as I'd have expected this year against Pedro: he beat him but didn't trounce him. I suspect he suffered slightly once McLaren knew he was leaving. Massa has done very well in the second half of the season: being in a new team or alongside Schumi in particular has done him good. Ferrari are looking good for next year but in the medium to long term I wonder how they will cope with the loss of Michael (and Ross possibly too). Not just in terms of driving skill but in terms of motivating and building the team. Kimi and Massa are lazy in comparison.

Massa would not have challenged alonso for the title this year. He had equal machinery to michael and wasnt consistently brilliant like the top 2 drivers were. Massa had some very good days this year, but schuey and alonso were on fire every single race

No Agrument, the point is only two drivers finished ahead of Massa. If MS wasn't there chances are FM would have ended the season with more points then he has now. He did have to give up tyres on a couple of occasions to ensure MS had the supply he needed. I know you know enough about F1 to know how important tyres are to ones performance. Don't you think that this Ferrari decision had an impact on some of Massa's results???I am just saying if MS wasn't there Massa would have been the Alonso challenger, he may have been back there away, but nevertheless he would have been the next in line.

The tyre theory is based on rather dubious ground, if you go and ocmpare practice laps through the season you will see that Massa and Michael do about equal running. Massa often used up more tyres in qualifying. Using more tyres merely means you have to use scrubbed tyres for one or two of your stints, it isn't the end of the world.

He would have been second in the championship - that of course doesn't automatically make him a challegenr when he would finish over 50 points behind.

He only screwed up a couple of races. Not too bad when you consider the mistakes made by Kimi, Montoya, JB, JV, Fisi etc.

From the top of my head - Bahrain, Hungary, Monaco, China. That's 4 already.

Surely the key thing for next year is where Ferrari will put their emphasis. Has Kimi signed a contract with number one status or will he have to make his status clear with results beofre any favouritism is given?

If it's the latter, then surely Felipe will have the momentum. If he gains confidence and gets a significant points lead early on in the year i see Ferrari putting all efforts behind him. Let's remember; Ferrari don't care where a championship comes from, as long as it happens.

By the way, I will be supporting this photographer in 2007 ;)Very talented man :)

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=g...key01phcby7.jpg

And very short.

Then they aren't tifosi. Does anybody else remember what true tifosi were like? The ones nowadays are just a fan-club and a shadow of their former, obnoxious, lowlife selves :P

I think Kimi will beat him but not by quite as much as I might have thought in the past. Kimi hasn't done as well as I'd have expected this year against Pedro: he beat him but didn't trounce him. I suspect he suffered slightly once McLaren knew he was leaving. Massa has done very well in the second half of the season: being in a new team or alongside Schumi in particular has done him good. Ferrari are looking good for next year but in the medium to long term I wonder how they will cope with the loss of Michael (and Ross possibly too). Not just in terms of driving skill but in terms of motivating and building the team. Kimi and Massa are lazy in comparison.

I rate Pedro quite high. He's bloody fast and he's a thinker; analysing each corner, spotting the prime overtaking sposts and setting the car up for those spots. I think this is a case of Pedro doing better than most people thought he would, rather than Kimi underperforming....

Ferrari will now suffer a bit without the focus Michael and Ross provided. I don't expect them to fail instantly, but they will creep down a bit. With Massa and Kimi I expect the team to look alot like the Alesi/Berger days but with a competitive car.

And very short.

....spotting the prime overtaking spots and setting the car up for those spots.

What like Bahrain '05? Did he ditch the packers, raise the ride height 50mm and run off road tyres? :naughty:

de la rosa got his butt kicked by eddie irvine at jaguar and doesnt trouble the frontrunners. I'm sure he does an incredible job as a test driver with all his experience and knowledge, but Hamilton is an incredible racer and I'd love to see if he can do thte same kind of thing in an F1 race