Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

irishfemalefan

Driver Of The Day??

59 members have voted

1. 1. who was YOUR driver of the day at Brazil???

• Massa
    • Alonso
    • M Schumacher
    • Button
    • Kubica
    • Fisi
    • Kimi

Don't be so flippant. Rubens hasn't performed as well as Jenson this year, i'll grant you but he's done better than i thought he would.

I got the report of his handling problem from Alan Henry of Autocar. I can't be more specific but maybe you're right; he didn't set up properly.

Well he's done worse than I thought he'd do and yes I'm up front with my opinion of him, just like with anything else. I was pretty appalled with his comments that he wanted Honda to give him a better car, when he too has underperformed. Button almost got twice as much as Rubens out of it.

Well he's done worse than I thought he'd do and yes I'm up front with my opinion of him, just like with anything else. I was pretty appalled with his comments that he wanted Honda to give him a better car, when he too has underperformed. Button almost got twice as much as Rubens out of it.

You know full well that Rubens was adjusting to a car built around Button. Obviously he had to work very hard to get a car that he could drive fast, whereas Button already had that car. Add to that the fact that Button is the established #1 in that team. Everybody at Honda F1 (British for the most part) has a vested interest in seeing a fellow Briton as race winner/champion.

You were apalled? I was appalled by Williams this year. I was apalled with some of the FIA's decisions. Apalled by Rubens wanting a better car? Get a grip.

You were apalled? I was appalled by Williams this year. I was apalled with some of the FIA's decisions. Apalled by Rubens wanting a better car? Get a grip.

All three me too!

Reality is against us? He finished 4th, not 1st. Seems like 'reality' was on our side the last 2 rounds, doesn't it?

Yeah ntukza, the reality is Fernando Alonso is world Champion and not meatface! Clearly you missed the Jap & Brazilian Gps... Sorry to break the news!

I think you're the one who needs to heed to your own words if all you can try to do is get personal. :thbup:

Yes I was appalled with Williams this year too and FIA's decisions, along with Alonso in Hungary (and when Alonso himself moaned at Renault like Rubens to Honda) and, Micheal & Button in Monaco, however they're not mentioned here, so I don't post that here.

Perhaps you have to learn that people have a different opinion to you, and you have to accept that without the need to try the personal line. How about instead of 'get a grip' you try what Mike does and actually counteract my argument.

You know full well that Rubens was adjusting to a car built around Button. Obviously he had to work very hard to get a car that he could drive fast, whereas Button already had that car. Add to that the fact that Button is the established #1 in that team. Everybody at Honda F1 (British for the most part) has a vested interest in seeing a fellow Briton as race winner/champion.

The team worked their arse off to modify the car to Rubens' braking style instead of developing it, did you forget that?

How come Massa shone so well at Ferrari, that is built around Michael to a bigger degree than Button.

How come Button outperformed Jacques at BAR when that car had been built around Jacques?

This excuse wore off after about 6 races, the last race he was beaten by his team mate who qualified significantly behind him.

And that's my point, it's not just about Honda giving him a better car, its about him improving too - giving better feedback and making better decisions, he lost the Hungary win because he decided full wets were the way to go.

Rubens can only use the same excuse so many times, it's pretty old now, how every team is made against him. He is being humbled by a fellow countryman who is proving his critics wrong. His performance this year has been miserable, thoug he had a bad '05 too, far worse than Michael's year whidh was hardly great.

I think you're the one who needs to heed to your own words if all you can try to do is get personal. :thbup:

Perhaps you have to learn that people have a different opinion to you, and you have to accept that without the need to try the personal line. How about instead of 'get a grip' you try what Mike does and actually counteract my argument.

I'm quite happy that people have a different opinion to me, thank god they do, it makes the world go round. I'm sorry if my phrase 'get a grip' caused offense.

I don't really see an argument to counter. You were 'appalled' at Rubens demanding a better car, i think that that is an extreme response. Rubens is a seasoned pro who although is in the twighlight of his career, has more experience of Jenson Button to know a good car from a bad car. He must have been frustrated to have been given a car that was a mile away from his steeds of old.

Better to act the way he did than sit back and see out his career quietly driving an old dog but topping up his pension. He's still a racer and one who i believe is more than capable of equalling Jenson (if he learns how to set his car up :P ).

I'm quite happy that people have a different opinion to me, thank god they do, it makes the world go round. I'm sorry if my phrase 'get a grip' caused offense.

I don't really see an argument to counter. You were 'appalled' at Rubens demanding a better car, i think that that is an extreme response. Rubens is a seasoned pro who although is in the twighlight of his career, has more experience of Jenson Button to know a good car from a bad car. He must have been frustrated to have been given a car that was a mile away from his steeds of old.

Better to act the way he did than sit back and see out his career quietly driving an old dog but topping up his pension. He's still a racer and one who i believe is more than capable of equalling Jenson (if he learns how to set his car up :P ).

Oh I have nothing against Rubens wanting a better car, you seem to have completely missed my point. The one about the context of the comment, that he wants a better car and therefore lies the blame at this years car in which he could have won in, but didn't, due to his own fault. He underperformed himself, it doesn't matter how good your car is if you underperform you'll never get the max out of it. He needs to learn how to get the max or thereabouts out of the Honda car, just like Button did in 2003 and just like Massa did this year. Excuses from the beginning of the season don't work at the seasons end. It's up to him to put the car right, no one else can tell exactly how he likes it set up and handling etc. It just seems strange for a man of his experience to take so long in sorting these basic issues out.

I don't think its an extreme response at all, as long as you are appalled by the same level of things, and aren't just appalled at those you don't like.

I think Kimi did fantastic job with that underpowered car. 2nd in qualification and decent race. It jus isn't easy to see, because car was slow, but when you compare to his team mate, you can really see the difference.

and hes bin doin that all year so its bin hard 2 appricate but next year ull all see just haw good he is !!

and hes bin doin that all year so its bin hard 2 appricate but next year ull all see just haw good he is !!

Yup next seson we should see if hes a world campiion or not.

Yup next seson we should see if hes a world campiion or not.

so move over FA and i wonder if hell still lecutre MM about not helping him wen he hasnt won a race a;ll year and is down there with button lol hes left a better team for a worse 1 and ithink hes goin to relise this and soooon