Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max Mosley

Schumi "The Greatest"

Some thoughts on Michael from Lauda, DC and Murray Walker.

Quotes, audio and video

I could add that Damon Hill also says that Michael is the most complete "winning machine" in F1 history but I don't have a source as I heard it in person.

Some thoughts on Michael from Lauda, DC and Murray Walker.

Quotes, audio and video

I could add that Damon Hill also says that Michael is the most complete "winning machine" in F1 history but I don't have a source as I heard it in person.

Thanks for the laughs!

Schumi "the Greatest Cheater"... :thbdn:

that debate went on for a long time a few weeks ago, go and find the thread and perhaps post a reply/opinion instead of just trying to start another war, or is that what you've come here to do?

that debate went on for a long time a few weeks ago, go and find the thread and perhaps post a reply/opinion instead of just trying to start another war, or is that what you've come here to do?

The debate went for more than a few months and years ago.

I am here just to reiterate the facts to those who is still sleeping.

Schumi "the Greatest Cheater"... thbdn.gif

Yes you are the one the world had been waiting for to reveal the truth behind MS!!!Stop at nothing!The truth MUST COME OUT...!!!!!! :lol:

you are starting to annoy me....

I suspect we've seen this numpty before under another name. Schumi de Suck?

you are starting to annoy me....

he is staring to annoy me as well. He goes aorund all the thread and posts the same schumi sucks or somehitng like that no useful discussions at all.

he is staring to annoy me as well. He goes aorund all the thread and posts the same schumi sucks or somehitng like that no useful discussions at all.

Just give the boy with the small mind and penis to match the attention he deserves, none.

Michael's career has been an extraordinary combination of fortunate events which collectively would be coincidental, in the extreme to replicate. By this i mean that he has been arguably the best driver, in some of the best cars, with a situation optimised specifically for him and at a time when the competition was not consistently strong.

Even if someone tries to mimick his every move i suspect they will not match the numbers. Michael's time was a unique peiod in the history of motor sport.

I found this in yahoo

http://sports.yahoo.com/sm/news?slug=reu-r...s&type=lgns

German media applauds Schumacher's die-hard finale

By Erik Kirschbaum

BERLIN (Reuters) - Even the most cynical skeptics of Michael Schumacher's ability had to be impressed with his daring dash through the field in the final Formula One race of his illustrious career, German newspapers said on Monday.

Although most Germans are fans of the seven-times world champion and proudly wear his red Ferrari colors, there have been a fair number of detractors in a home country that has ties to several other Formula One teams.

Until Sunday, that is, when the 37-year-old Schumacher's riveting ride through the field from last to fourth at the Brazilian Grand Prix turned the final naysayers into believers, newspapers said.

"Schumi said goodbye with the most thrilling catch-up race of his career," wrote Bild newspaper, which devoted three full pages to Schumacher on Monday after 12 on Sunday.

"He fought his way back from last place to fourth with one of the best races in his 16-year career," the daily wrote.

The General-Anzeiger in Bonn, near Schumacher's hometown of Kerpen, said his fighting spirit made believers out of his enemies and brought tears to the eyes of his legions of fans.

"Even those who have absolutely no interest in motor sport could not help being captivated by his final run," it said of the race watched by 12 million Germans.

"The hopes for an eighth title were minimal but despite technical problems and a punctured tire, the champion raced like a young rookie full of cheek and fury -- chapeau Schumi!"

SCHUMACHER MAGIC

The Rheinische Post, published in Duesseldorf, called it "Schumacher magic, one last time."

"Even if he didn't make it to the podium, Schumacher showed one of the best races ever. He squeezed everything out of his Ferrari engine as if he were squeezing on a lemon, had one 'all or nothing' lap after another, and passed rival after rival."

The Berliner Zeitung said he had deserved a more glamorous farewell with a spot on the podium if not his 92nd career victory.

But it added his inspired rally stole the show, especially in passing Giancarlo Fisichella and Kimi Raikkonen.

"He drove a fabulous race in his final outing and didn't even make it to the podium," it wrote.

"With audacious, reckless and truly championship maneuvers, he even passed Fisichella and his Ferrari successor Raikkonnen to grab fourth place."

Chancellor Angela Merkel paid tribute in an open letter to Bild newspaper, putting him in a line of German sporting heroes with Max Schmeling, Franz Beckenbauer and Steffi Graf.

"You used your talent and your German virtues -- hard-work and a tireless will to succeed --- to get to the top," Merkel wrote. "And even for those outsiders who don't well understand Formula One, you enriched the sport with your brilliance."

The bold part is true at least in my case, I couldn't hold the tears after he passed Kimi, I don't see a sigle reason for this retirement I can only think of him being under extreme pressure from his wife to quit, there's no other strong enough force to make Schumi quit at something he love as F1 and something that he enjoy like this, he said he was going to have fun this weekend so this is still funny for him, he set a track record in Q2 he did the fastest lap in race, he was the driver of the race and the driver of the year with that amazing cameback he did, he was 25 points behind and he got the lead of the WDC and he was saying is still posible so he still believe in himself, I need somebody to help me understand this

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=182115

Alonso champ, Schumacher making the headlines

Fernando Alonso may be champion, but the world's press converged in congratulation as Michael Schumacher bowed out of F1 in Brazil.

"If you saw this race," said Spanish TV broadcaster Telecinco, "it is hard to believe that this man does not have more to offer this sport.

"Did his time really come, or did he have to stop?"

Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport said: "Alonso is world champion, but Schumi is a legend. He leaves Formula One like a king.

"Why must a 37 year old man go into pension, when the joy he experiences is that of a young boy? For his race at Interlagos there are no words. The master left by giving one last lesson.

La Repubblica, meanwhile, says that Ferrari 'hopes he stays around as a manager', while Spain's Sport claims that 25-year-old Alonso is a 'worthy successor' for the multiple world champion.

The Marca daily says: "Alonso will be remembered as the successor of the most successful driver in history."

El Mundo Deportivo contended that Interlagos 'confirmed that the Alonso era has begun', but 'Sport Barcelona' reckons 'it will be difficult to find another Schumacher'.

Source GMM

CAPSIS International

Maybe I was right after all

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=182099

Schumi's wife relieved it's all over

Tuesday October 24 2006

Email Us Chat Forum

Mail Article Print Article

One person who was happy to see Michael Schumacher retire from Formula One at the conclusion of this year's Championship in Brazil was his wife Corinna.

The German called it quits on his career, which began in 1991, at the Interlagos circuit on Sunday after putting in a drive worthy of a victory but which only netted his fourth place after an early puncture put him on the back foot.

But while Schumacher was unable to add his tally of 91 race wins or his record of seven World titles, Corinna was just happy that he didn't add another injury such as the one he suffered at Silverstone in 1999.

Schumi missed six races after breaking his leg in a crash at the British Grand Prix.

That, though, was the only serious injury he ever suffered and for that his wife is very grateful.

When asked by the German network RTL after the Brazilian GP what made her happy, Corinna said: "That we're all going to go home healthy, that nothing happened in all these years and that we got away with just the one broken leg."

EJ: Schu was pushed out

Sunday, 22, October, 2006, 22:53

Former team owner Eddie Jordan believes Michael Schumacher was pressured by Ferrari into retiring from Formula 1 before he was ready to.

Schumacher ended feverish speculation about his future by announcing at Monza that he would bring down the curtain on his glittering career at the end of the 2006 campaign.

But Jordan, who gave Schumacher his F1 break at Spa in 1991, reckons the 37-year-old German was edged out of his seat because Ferrari already had new signing Kimi Raikkonen and incumbent Felipe Massa on its books.

No probs mate. We aim to please! Hence the views of the experts.

hahaha!are you calling schmuker fans experts?glad he's history! :clap3: