Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

schumisuckssssssss

Damon Hill's Dedication To Fiarrari Fans

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/6040498.stm

Last Updated: Monday, 23 October 2006, 05:27 GMT 06:27 UK

Schumi comes under fire from Hill By Andrew Benson

Michael Schumacher has needlessly compromised his standing in Formula One history, says former rival Damon Hill.

"People have an uneasiness about Michael, which is a shame because with that much talent it could have been different."

Schumacher retired after Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix with more titles and race wins than any other driver.

But Hill said the German's reputation for dubious tactics would tarnish the way he was judged, despite his record-breaking seven drivers' titles.

"It is a shame because I really think with that much talent it could have been different," said Hill.

The 46-year-old Englishman told the BBC earlier this month that he thought Schumacher had not been good for F1.

Hill also believes the career-long list of controversial incidents in which Schumacher has been involved have detracted from his talent and achievements.

"Michael has won the most, there is no taking that way, and there is no doubting his talent, but the manner in which it has been achieved has left two camps," said Hill.

"There are the Michael supporters - and there always will be - and there are those who have an uneasiness about it, which is a shame because I really think with that much talent it could have been different."

"Michael has taken a slightly cynical approach to the sport which has been bad for it, and bad for us watching it."

Hill had a series of run-ins with Schumacher when they were rivals in the mid-1990s, most noticeably in 1994.

Schumacher led the championship by a point going into the season-ending Australian Grand Prix in Adelaide.

But Hill's hopes of the title were dashed when the German turned his Benetton into the Englishman's Williams.

Neither could finish, so Schumacher was crowned champion.

"I believe Michael has taken a slightly cynical approach to the sport which has been bad for it and bad for us watching it," added Hill, who went on to become champion in 1996.

"I feel a little bit as if he has been taking things for granted a little bit.

"Those uncomfortable experiences like Austria [in 2002, when Ferrari ordered team-mate Rubens Barrichello to hand victory to Schumacher on the last lap], we don't want those sort of things happening.

"You've got to have some respect. There's no need for F1, it's only a bloody sport. It doesn't have to happen.

"If anything serious happened, they'd cancel motorsport and we'd have to get on with the serious things in life.

"So there is an obligation to entertain, there is an obligation to deliver something honest, something truthful to the people who watch and who have paid for it.

"That's been put to one side slightly in Michael's career. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that, but what can you do about it?"

Hill said Schumacher's statistical achievements had fooled a lot of people into disregarding his dark side.

"A lot of people are only interested in the victory, they're not necessarily interested in how it's achieved," said the Briton.

:clap3::thbup::o:king::D:P:)

A special dedication to Fiarrari fans.

Don't pick me, is from Damon Hill. Those who disagree please contact him, thanks!

Who can blame him?Schumacher cheated Hill out of his 1994 championship!Good on Hill!

And here we go again...Have you ever even seen a video of that incident??

20? I must of seen it close to 200 times by now. All the non MS fans no he cheated.

I think I could accept alot more of MS-fans thoughts if they;'d just admit to some of his cheating moves over the years.

Not less than 20 times. A sporting F1 driver won't do that.

Well an F1 driver in his right mind wouldn't have attempted that overtaking manouvre.If you know the least about racing, surely it has crossed your mind.MS had the right to defend his position.I have discussed this in a lenghty thread and so have many others.Look it up!

You cna defend, you don't run into others... I think there is a pretty ****ing clear difference.

Well an F1 driver in his right mind wouldn't have attempted that overtaking manouvre.If you know the least about racing, surely it has crossed your mind.MS had the right to defend his position.I have discussed this in a lenghty thread and so have many others.Look it up!

:lol::lol::lol:

He is just lucky to escape from serious penalties or sanctions such as the incident in 1997.

In fact, his dirty trick in 1994 is worst than the 1997.

Look it up!

Thank you Damon Hill for this article...... hoepfuly a FIArrari and M$'s fans will realize now.....

Im proud to say I was DH fan!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here we go again...Have you ever even seen a video of that incident??

Yes I have seen it and it is obvious he purposely ran into him.Why did he slow down at the corner so Hill could overtake him?Thats why I think Hills comments are fair and understandable.

Who can blame him?Schumacher cheated Hill out of his 1994 championship!Good on Hill!

Yeah you cant blame Damon, I remember watching the 94 Aussie Gp and seeing the heartbreak in his eyes when he found out the championship was over. I really felt for the guy.

I still remember as it was yesterday....DH walking out of the car into the garage....

and then a big huge smile of the cheater who just realized he won his 1st title...

Damon Hill was a true champ that year, despite that MS was faster.....

Schumi was defending his line. Anyone with half a brain could see that. The corner belongs to the man in front, in this case, Schumacher.

You cna defend, you don't run into others... I think there is a pretty ****ing clear difference.

This is getting tiring...The stewards then ruled out it was a racing incident.MS was ahead, he didn't know if the car was ok or not for sure since the collision happened secs after his exit and he hit the wall(remember DH driving around and waiting in the pits until the pit crew determine if the car could be driven), he was still racing and was on the racing line,DH came full speed and tried to enter the corner.At the apex MS WAS ahead by more than half the car.Has any of you driven a go-kart or something?Have you overtaken anybody?Would you have done that?? :D

Schumi was defending his line. Anyone with half a brain could see that. The corner belongs to the man in front, in this case, Schumacher.

Even Murrary Walker (who is a Schumacher fan) said it was Schumachers fault. Schumacher's car was damaged and he shouldnt have even contested the corner.

He is just lucky to escape from serious penalties or sanctions such as the incident in 1997.

In fact, his dirty trick in 1994 is worst than the 1997.

Look it up!

You really can't understand anything being said here.Come on now, move along...

Or if you want to debate do it properly.If you are not able don't waste our time.

Even a non motosport fan would not agree with you....Pls check the pic or video again and you'll see..

Notice how non DH fans say it was MS fualt (most always say it was a deliberate cheatin move), and only MS fans say it wasn't?

Theres a reason..... fecking rose tinted glasses.

Watching the move again yesterday after the race, I have to say that it looks even worse than I remember it being. There is no doubt in my mind that it was a deliberate attempt to take out DH.

And what's more - he attempts to do it twice.

Watching the move again yesterday after the race, I have to say that it looks even worse than I remember it being. There is no doubt in my mind that it was a deliberate attempt to take out DH.

And what's more - he attempts to do it twice.

Yup the guy was a shiester. I'm already forgetting him!

whomacher???

Yup the guy was a shiester. I'm already forgetting him!

whomacher???

Now that I wouldn't agree with. :nono1:

Despite his occasional cheating, he has been a massive part of the sport for the last 13 years and will be sorely missed.

Now that I wouldn't agree with. :nono1:

Despite his occasional cheating, he has been a massive part of the sport for the last 13 years and will be sorely missed.

Who?? Who will be missed?? :lol:

Hill was alongside him and schuey turned in on him

Come on guys..F.1 has not only lost its greatest talent ever..but also its most unsporty player ever, so we should all be happy that he's gone!

Sadly, FIArrari will always be there even without Michael Schumacher

Even Murrary Walker (who is a Schumacher fan) said it was Schumachers fault. Schumacher's car was damaged and he shouldnt have even contested the corner.

So whatever Murray Walker says is gospel?