Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Alonso Is Actually Nice??

Alonso might be quick but he is a whinging whining little girl who complains when things don't go his way. Just like a little girl! I have absolutely no respect for him.

Kimi will win the championship in 2007 for sure!

:welcome: Fwon!!

:cheers:

Alonso might be quick but he is a whinging whining little girl who complains when things don't go his way. Just like a little girl! I have absolutely no respect for him.

Kimi will win the championship in 2007 for sure!

Go swim in a lake with 100 kg of rocks tied to your ankles... QUICK!

I don't know why you opened this thread anyway....

cos even though i dont like him, i take a 100% non-biased view and try to look at everything from a neutral stance

cos even though i dont like him, i take a 100% non-biased view and try to look at everything from a neutral stance

And for that I respect you and your views on F1 Jem ;)

We've also looked at it from a neutral view, and concluded.......................................................................

................................................................................

..........................he's a big headed twat who throws tantrums when he does'nt have his way! :lol:

We've also looked at it from a neutral view, and concluded.......................................................................

................................................................................

..........................he's a big headed twat who throws tantrums when he does'nt have his way! :lol:

Brad brad, You didn't mention he's also the world champion!!! :king:

You have complimented some of my posts recently and for that i was endeared toward you. However, your insistence on acting like a child is becoming tiresome and i think it only fair to let you know that you are letting yourself down. You are basing your opnions on Fernando with absolutely no personal knowledge of the man or how he interacted with his team.

The press have distorted comments that he has made and have been believed by the weak minded.

Step back. Look at the big picture;

Everyone at Renault has worked supremely well with Fernando. He has extracted the best from them and vice versa. He has been under extreme pressure at key times in a very important year. Through all of this he has still taken on and beaten the might of Schumacher and the not inconsiderable talents of the Ferrari dream team. That takes more than a dose of luck or a slightly quicker car.

He has demonstrated supreme skill under pressure, has not made mistakes (unlike Michael) and has (Michael-esque) extracted performance from his car which has been extraordinary (Turkey).

We all like banter on these forums and i am the first to laugh out loud at some of the comments made about drivers, but this constant childish unfounded slur is boring. If you are going to have a pop at Fernando make it ironic, insightful or witty.

Good post, drib. Not to Schumacher-bash, but nobody has mentioned Michael's fist-waving at Sakon in Brazil. It was exactly like the fist-waving that Alonso has done in the past that some posters have used as a reason to dislike Fernando. By that same note, should they dislike Michael now? I think a great many posters are here because they recently started following F1 and like to get behind a great driver...and bash the 'other guy' for no good reason. It's getting tiresome, but I have hopes that with your posts, drib, people might stop and look at our sport with a bit more perspective... :)

I find the whole idea of taking a driver's personality into account in a 'racing' sport to be absurd. It's the skill behind the wheel we should be looking at, right?

I find the whole idea of taking a driver's personality into account in a 'racing' sport to be absurd. It's the skill behind the wheel we should be looking at, right?

You would hope.....

Don't even look at the 'Rate the drivers' thread. :angry:

comon guys! :P:nono1: stop it.... :thbdn:

This forum seems to have turned into nothing more than a driver bashing forum. Grow up kids!

Good on Alonso for going out gracefully and thanking the team for their efforts.

alonso's driving is simply matured beyond his age! but when it comes to off track, he is still a kid. i think we should forgive him for the way he behaved this season. nextyear rons gona stick a duct tape to his mouth! :P remove it only when needed :P ....

i think alonso bashing must stop as many of us are simply bored of reading the same insults and craps. let us focus on someone else :rolleyes::eusa_think:

The press have distorted comments that he has made and have been believed by the weak minded.

Bollocks. The press distorted nothing, they simply publicized it, how can you come to that conclusion? Have you done any research on the matter? He never even denied the comments, he repeated them.

Step back. Look at the big picture;
Yes, the big picture is you are slowly turning into a self righteous arrogant <something I wouldn't say that would get me banned>.
He has demonstrated supreme skill under pressure, has not made mistakes (unlike Michael)

Rubbish again. Take Turkey for example, he made the same mistake that Michael did. How many times do we have to hear the 'Alonso was misquoted' 'Alonso doesn't make mistakes' fiction? What do you call his pass on Heidfeld in Monza? His tyre choice in China? His antics in practice in Hungary and Turkey? His weekends at Indy and Hockenheim - full of driving errors?

The Alonso worship is getting damn annoying, now that they're rewriting history.

Bollocks. The press distorted nothing, they simply publicized it, how can you come to that conclusion? Have you done any research on the matter? He never even denied the comments, he repeated them.

Yes, the big picture is you are slowly turning into a self righteous arrogant <something I wouldn't say that would get me banned>.

Rubbish again. Take Turkey for example, he made the same mistake that Michael did. How many times do we have to hear the 'Alonso was misquoted' 'Alonso doesn't make mistakes' fiction? What do you call his pass on Heidfeld in Monza? His tyre choice in China? His antics in practice in Hungary and Turkey? His weekends at Indy and Hockenheim - full of driving errors?

The Alonso worship is getting damn annoying, now that they're rewriting history.

I'm going to say this once, and once only because others have tried and failed to reason with you and frankly i have neither the time nor the inclanation to.

I come here to talk about Formula One. I try to do it in a reasnoble way that takes into consideration all of the facts as they present themselves and then base my opinion on those facts.

I have kept my opinions about you quiet up until now but you have chosen to attack me personally so you can hear what i have to say. I think it really rocks your boat that here i am a fully fledged and devoted fan of Michael Schumacher and yet i am not afraid to admit that the man had shortcomings, that he made mistakes and that his methods were sometimes unsound. When you are a true fan, you accept that person for who they really are. It doesn't mean that you are any less devoted, it just means that you have a deep understanding and respect. We all know people who we love, warts and all.

Why does it pain you so much to admit these things? Do you not understand how it makes others perceive you and that it makes your opnions carry less weight because people think you are unobjective? Do you really laugh off the sarcastic comments that are made about you on a daily basis on this website or does it hurt a little because deep down you don't want it to be like that?

It sickens me sometimes to see your name with Michael or his car next to it, because you can be the epitomy of why he has become hated in certain quarters, namely for a perceived arrogance and inability to show reason or compassion. It's not true of Michael and it's probably not true of you.

Do yourself a favour Cavallino, don't make an enemy of me.

Answer the points I brought up please, funnily enough I have not denied the shortcomings, it is you who is denying facts here.

Answer the points I brought up please, funnily enough I have not denied the shortcomings, it is you who is denying facts here.

The only thing that i have denied is in referring to your choice words to describe me. This is classic behaviour from you. Learn to be an adult, apologise for what you have said and then we can have a debate.

In every thread, somebody says something stupid and a group of people get together and try to correct that post or try to be Mr.I am right and you're wrong. Firstly, why in the hell do you respond if you find something stupid? This is happening forever, the stupid posts are going to keep coming, it seems like you guys are in a competition for "most post" awards. Senseless.

In every thread, somebody says something stupid and a group of people get together and try to correct that post or try to be Mr.I am right and you're wrong. Firstly, why in the hell do you respond if you find something stupid? This is happening forever, the stupid posts are going to keep coming, it seems like you guys are in a competition for "most post" awards. Senseless.

We should always respond to stupidity. To ignore it is to condone it.

We should always respond to stupidity. To ignore it is to condone it.

I thought you would satrt on with apathy in this issue as well(ps:- just kidding m8)

I thought you would satrt on with apathy in this issue as well(ps:- just kidding m8)

Apathy is a good tool to use, selectively. It often highlights a point better than yelling would :)

The only thing that i have denied is in referring to your choice words to describe me. This is classic behaviour from you. Learn to be an adult, apologise for what you have said and then we can have a debate.

I have nothing to apologise for, I meant exactly what I said.

Back to the topic - after the Brazil race the renault folk were all chanting alonso's name - made me think that he cant be that bad if the people that work with him are there chanting his name - and made me realise that we only THINK we know what these drivers are like based on what we read and what we see on telly. None of us really know these guys at all, and now I'm all confused as to who I like and who I don't!!! Alonso might be a really nice person. Schuey might be too - I mean, people like Murray Walker and Ross Brawn cant praise Schu enough, and they actually know him. I'm not sure where i'm going with this - but its a thought that came into my head!

Back to the topic - after the Brazil race the renault folk were all chanting alonso's name - made me think that he cant be that bad if the people that work with him are there chanting his name - and made me realise that we only THINK we know what these drivers are like based on what we read and what we see on telly. None of us really know these guys at all, and now I'm all confused as to who I like and who I don't!!! Alonso might be a really nice person. Schuey might be too - I mean, people like Murray Walker and Ross Brawn cant praise Schu enough, and they actually know him. I'm not sure where i'm going with this - but its a thought that came into my head!

I will confuse you futher now, this is applicable ONLY if you believe in fate/destiny. Then i can saw free willl does not exist as all the things we do, we are fated to do like me tryping this response was foretold earlier. so now the confusing thing if i was foretold to reply to this post with my post then was i fated to think about being "fated to do things"? How would that work? That makes my heat hurt now thinking about all this.

Remeber friends of Hitler(not comparing him to schumi) will say he is a nice guy but he is not

I will confuse you futher now, this is applicable ONLY if you believe in fate/destiny. Then i can saw free willl does not exist as all the things we do, we are fated to do like me tryping this response was foretold earlier. so now the confusing thing if i was foretold to reply to this post with my post then was i fated to think about being "fated to do things"? How would that work? That makes my heat hurt now thinking about all this.

:wacko: Mine too...

Remeber friends of Hitler(not comparing him to schumi) will say he is a nice guy but he is not

No, Hitler's friends were afraid he'd throw them into an oven!