Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

2006 Statistics!

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=182442

Just take a look at Mclaren's 2006 statistics I don't think they can be on top next year, not even with Alonso, they have too much work to do, they will need at least two years to be fighting for the championship again.

I agree it won't be easy. But 7 non-finishes were caused by crashes, something Alonso is not so prone to. Also, they will all be using Bridgestone tyres which will level things a lot. Those rare times when the Mercedes engine did not broke, or when KR or JPM did not crash the car against some wall (or Liuzzi's car) they did perform a good job. I don't think it will be enough to pose a threat to Ferrari, even if I dearly hope so, but I still think Alonso may snatch some victories next year. I think Renault and McLaren will battle for 2nd place in WCC.

I agree it won't be easy. But 7 non-finishes were caused by crashes, something Alonso is not so prone to. Also, they will all be using Bridgestone tyres which will level things a lot. Those rare times when the Mercedes engine did not broke, or when KR or JPM did not crash the car against some wall (or Liuzzi's car) they did perform a good job. I don't think it will be enough to pose a threat to Ferrari, even if I dearly hope so, but I still think Alonso may snatch some victories next year. I think Renault and McLaren will battle for 2nd place in WCC.

Not to forget Ferrari got the Advantage of Bridgestone tyre data collected.

This is the danger of statistics; quoting them is one thing, correctly interpreting them is another....(just an observation, not an accusation).

In order for these statistics to mean anything, you must eliminate all factors but mechanical DNFs. Then you must put those into two categories: Engine failures and Chassis failures. Only then will you get a set of statistics on McLaren that I'd find useful.

Sadly it looks as though Ferrari will be the team to beat in 2007, You never never know though...

This is the danger of statistics; quoting them is one thing, correctly interpreting them is another....(just an observation, not an accusation).

In order for these statistics to mean anything, you must eliminate all factors but mechanical DNFs. Then you must put those into two categories: Engine failures and Chassis failures. Only then will you get a set of statistics on McLaren that I'd find useful.

Very good analysis Mike!

That is not totally fear if we take in count that there are some crashes cause by a mechanical factor, when a car doesn't suit a track can be a little risky to drive, if you can't find they right set up too and some cars are harder to set up by its design, I have heard driver talking about the car not going for the way they want to drive it.

I have heard driver talking about the car not going for the way they want to drive it.

This is like when you buy a Fiat Palio & expect it to go like a Fiat Ferrari :P

Brigestone is bringing a new tyre next year, it will be a safe and slower tyre, it will be two seconds slower if I remember correctly, so I don't think that Ferrari have that info, I think it would be the same for everybody next season what I saw is that Ferrari ended stronger in the engine department, they were really fast in the last race and Massa slowed down to let Schumi comeback and he was still very ahead of Alonso and Fisico who got the lastest renault engine evolution, that could be ferrari stronger point next year.

This is like when you buy a Fiat Palio & expect it to go like a Fiat Ferrari :P

Yes, that's a good comparison :clap3:

Sadly it looks as though Ferrari will be the team to beat in 2007, You never never know though...

Very good analysis Mike!

Mclaren might just do it next year and produce an ultra-reliable fast car to fight the Ferrari's, you never know, this is F1 after all....

keep the faith for your driver Wez... :)

in 2004 renault were nowhere near ferrari but in 2005 jumped up and stayed there - mclaren were even worse in 2004 and rocketed up in 2005 - so dont write mclaren off!!!

in 2004 renault were nowhere near ferrari but in 2005 jumped up and stayed there - mclaren were even worse in 2004 and rocketed up in 2005 - so dont write mclaren off!!!

I think this was majorly due to the rule changes to make ferrari uncompetetive. And since the rules are pretty much teh same, ferrari have a higher probabilty to win

well this is F1 and the pecking order never stays the same. Thats why there's so much excitement leading up to the new season!! I wouldnt be surprised 1 bit if a mclaren wins the Aussie GP, this is mclaren we're talking about

Mclaren might just do it next year and produce an ultra-reliable fast car to fight the Ferrari's, you never know, this is F1 after all....

keep the faith for your driver Wez... :)

:wacko: Brad's account get hacked or something?

I think the Speed guyts said it best, Merc may not be letting on, but loosing Newey was a big blow to them and I think that next year will really be a time where Merc needs to figure out where to start and where to end. of all the big teams, Merc is the one that has lost the most this season, really Renault have lost the least technicaly wise but since their drivers are either untested in race conditions or just plain bad, they will need help. The door is wide open next year for a team like BMW or Honda to really nudge in there and take second from a presumably surging Ferrari

well this is F1 and the pecking order never stays the same. Thats why there's so much excitement leading up to the new season!! I wouldnt be surprised 1 bit if a mclaren wins the Aussie GP, this is mclaren we're talking about

I wouldnt be surprised to see Ferrari finishing 1-2 in that race I don't expect a different result.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Ferrari finishing 1-2 in that race I don't expect a different result.

the new cars havent even been rolled out yet so we dont know anything

the new cars havent even been rolled out yet so we dont know anything

true, but with tire and engin development at a standstill the only real area you can improove in is aero and Ferrari already have some of the best aero and arguably the best engin

the rules for 07 favor the teams that were good this year and hurt those that didnt totaly live up to expectations, Ferrari was the class of the field in the second half and thats just a fact

true, but with tire and engin development at a standstill the only real area you can improove in is aero and Ferrari already have some of the best aero and arguably the best engin

the rules for 07 favor the teams that were good this year and hurt those that didnt totaly live up to expectations, Ferrari was the class of the field in the second half and thats just a fact

Ferrari update.

A scource close to me said that Ferrari already has a mockup monocoque and the first two real monocoques are almost finished.

This says that the first aero package is largely finished ie chassis sidepods engine cover and floor.