Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

Kimi Or Fernando, Your Choice

kimi or alonso  

58 members have voted

1. 1. who would be your choice, (if you have the necessary resources to buy one of them)

• Kimi Raikonnen
    • Fernando Alonso

OK, the thread's title is this: Kimi or Fernando, your choice: who would be your choice, (if you have the necessary resources to buy one of them)

Uh.....I don't know. :eusa_think: What would I have to do with him if I did buy one?

Seriously, I'd choose Fernando. He's not as quick as Kimi, but he's battled, and won, 2 world championships. That has tremendous value compared to just a quick race-winner.

More facts:

-The stats are still favorable to FA even if you take away this season

-From 2001 to 2005 (with the exception of 2002 when FA was only test driver for Renault) KR had 21 DNF's vs FA's 20

-While in McLaren, in the period 2002-2006, KR has had more than double the number of engine's broken than his team mates (DC, JPM and DLR): 13 vs 6. Maybe, and this is just an opinion, his "maximum attack" style in many races, making best laps at the end of races where he wasn't even fighting for a position, and with an engine that had to last for another GP... has had something to do with it....-From 2003 to 2006 in Renault, FA's has only been involved in 3 accidents or collisions. In those same years KR's has had 7.

You just can't blame luck to explain the difference between this two drivers. Luck may have an impact on the short term, when you talk about 1, 2, 3 even 10 GP's. But not when you look at a 5 years career. And anyway if somebody is very unlucky, always, he either may have something to do with it or he is just not that good.

I truly believe FA is a better F1 driver than KR and think he would have a better record if they had switched their careers. I know FA is not very popular, and most of you are either Ferrari or McLaren fans or wahtever and that many of you don't like him or what he says or how he acts away from the track. But I think this shouldn't lead you away from the fact that he is far better pilot than KR and has proven it.

its really not his fault if his engine breaks down. the bolded comment: Alonso was also doin the same in china msc had a 20 sec lead with 10 laps left and he was pushing his engine, it did not break due to renos reliabilty. the undelrined bit:- getting into accidents doesn't have to be your fault, like indy 06 when montoya crashed into him you really can't blame him for that. thus most your your stats are not very good. To get a real picture you will need to take out this seasona nd any race in which one of them crasehd and then compare results. KR is hte better pilot than FA anyday(btw)

I Agree. FA 2 vs Kimi 0. I prefer good luck driver!!!

Although Alonso is a good driver, Kimi is like very similar to Schumacher. Both are like robots. You can tell by their answers in the press conferences - very boring and almost robotic answers. Because their minds are focussed on one thing! And that's driving! :clap3:

Both MS and KR don't have much to say because they'd rather get down to business. Alonso however... well we don't need to comment do we?! :nono1:

Although Alonso is a good driver, Kimi is like very similar to Schumacher. Both are like robots. You can tell by their answers in the press conferences - very boring and almost robotic answers. Because their minds are focussed on one thing! And that's driving! :clap3:

Both MS and KR don't have much to say because they'd rather get down to business. Alonso however... well we don't need to comment do we?! :nono1:

Err...maybe I am getting you wrong but, are you trying to say that Alonso does not get focused of friving because he is too focused on whinning? (Yeah, I know "You said it, not me") If there is one thing no one can blame Alonso of is of not being fully concentrated while driving. That's something he shares with MS, btw. Yet, at least this year FA seemed more concentrated than MS. His angry expressions at some interviews and press conferences can't erase the wonderful display of talent he gives on the track. Would be like saying "Because I think Schumacher's ethics were shady, his talent as a driver was below that of Monteiro's"

Kimi was called Iceman because of his laid back demeanor and calculating race strategies...

No..it was because seems to have a freeze tongue.. :rolleyes:

Kimi is like very similar to Schumacher. Both are like robots. You can tell by their answers in the press conferences - very boring and almost robotic answers.

Monza 2000?

I trust you were alive then?

I'd choose Fernando. But I don't have room on my mantlepiece for either of them so the question is academic.

Monza 2000?

I trust you were alive then?

OK,OK,OK, what I'm trying to say is that Alonso is too emotional. Just like Anakin Skywalker let his anger overrule him, Alonso could be prone to it as well :)

I watched a documentary which did a test on Schumacher's reflexes and found it to be quicker than the average person. Kimi to me just seems more focussed.

I'm not saying Alonso is not quick - he wouldn't have won two championships if he wasn't, but I would put money on the fact that Kimi is faster than Alonso in a control car. Now since the Ferrari is way quicker than the McLarens, and Fisi is but a shadow of a driver that Alonso is, KIMI WILL WIN THE 2007 CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

ps refresh me on Monza 2000 - it was so long ago!

Oh and McLaren went out of there way to give him a nick name that would get the kiddies attention over Schumacher.

I think the 'iceman' nickname was coined by the press who kept referring to him as the 'iceman' in various articles, as they also did when writing about Hakkinen. I'm pretty sure it wasnt a Mclaren idea/decision!!!

I think the 'iceman' nickname was coined by the press who kept referring to him as the 'iceman' in various articles, as they also did when writing about Hakkinen. I'm pretty sure it wasnt a Mclaren idea/decision!!!

Maclaren/Merc decision.....It comes from Ron, he was really impressed with the lad Jem....

More facts:

I truly believe FA is a better F1 driver than KR and think he would have a better record if they had switched their careers. I know FA is not very popular, and most of you are either Ferrari or McLaren fans or wahtever and that many of you don't like him or what he says or how he acts away from the track. But I think this shouldn't lead you away from the fact that he is far better pilot than KR and has proven it.

I think that when we investigate who is better driver, we should look who is faster, not who's car has broken more. Kimi is actually very smooth driver, much smoother than Alonso. If Mclaren didn't last in Kimi's use, it certainly isn't going to last with Fernando either.

And when it comes to pure speed, Kimi is unbeatable, of course.

Alonso was just lucky to be in best team at right time.

I think that when we investigate who is better driver, we should look who is faster, not who's car has broken more. Kimi is actually very smooth driver, much smoother than Alonso. If Mclaren didn't last in Kimi's use, it certainly isn't going to last with Fernando either.

spot on :clap3:

if you are the team boss who has to make the decision (obviously you have the team that is first choice for both,but u have the resources to have only one of them ) of either hiring Kimi or Alonso,who would it be and why ?/

Easy. Fernando. Proven winner, smarter driver.

Easy. Fernando. Proven winner, smarter driver.

Whether you guys like it or not KIMI is going to be another Schumacher.

If you have watched F1 in the past 5 years you can clearly tell that KIMI has got it, Like MS or Senna had it.

Trully born fr the sport. I think Alonso is a superior driver one that never makes misstakes and doesnt take risks, but I have yet to see a performance where he starts P22 or 20 and get on podium or win the race.

MS KR have done that many times.

Massa could be a suprice but unfortunately he still makes mistakes and just doesnt have it, all he can hope is to equal Alonso but he will not be able to beat KIMI, you might see him ahead at the beginning of the champioonship but at the end KIMI will prevail.

I hope to see a 3 or 4 teams race all the way to the end, but unfrotunately it will be a boring year, Now that everybody is gong to be on b-stone you will be finally able to see how Ferrari is a superior team, they will show to all the other teams what they have showed to the other B-stone runners this year witch is total dominance. The show is going to be between KR and Massa and we are going to see a 1-2 ferrari finsh everywhere, but that is ok because in 2008 Fia will come up with something to stop Ferrari domination.

In order to become the next Schumacher, Kimi needs to win a championship first, don't you think? If were talking about drivers emulating M$, then surely Fernando is more on that track than Kimi? :eusa_think:

If you have watched F1 in the past 5 years you can clearly tell that KIMI has got it, Like MS or Senna had it.

Trully born fr the sport. I think Alonso is a superior driver one that never makes misstakes and doesnt take risks, but I have yet to see a performance where he starts P22 or 20 and get on podium or win the race.

MS KR have done that many times.

Massa could be a suprice but unfortunately he still makes mistakes and just doesnt have it, all he can hope is to equal Alonso but he will not be able to beat KIMI, you might see him ahead at the beginning of the champioonship but at the end KIMI will prevail.

I hope to see a 3 or 4 teams race all the way to the end, but unfrotunately it will be a boring year, Now that everybody is gong to be on b-stone you will be finally able to see how Ferrari is a superior team, they will show to all the other teams what they have showed to the other B-stone runners this year witch is total dominance. The show is going to be between KR and Massa and we are going to see a 1-2 ferrari finsh everywhere, but that is ok because in 2008 Fia will come up with something to stop Ferrari domination.

True...so very true! His best performance in that sense was Suzuka 05 when he started in 19th place and ended 3rd. But P19 iss not a P20-P22 start...Of course, the fact that he never started in P20-P22 since he had a competitive car may explain at least some of that "lack of performance" don

So when the car's blowing up its not Kimi's fault but when he is going the fastest its nothing to do with the car being fastest...Kimi fan's wont find it very hard fitting in the the established Ferrari fan's :rolleyes:

Fact is Alonso has raced against Kimi in lower classes with similar car's and guess who came out ontop? he should have never pussied off to Ferrari, eyes needed to be opened.

I insist, nothing wrong with praising the talent KR has...but there is no need to twist facts against Alonso until they become unrecognizable from mere fables!

The fable I keep on hearing is that Alonso does not make mistakes, quite infuriating to say the least :angry:

In order to become the next Schumacher, Kimi needs to win a championship first, don't you think? If were talking about drivers emulating M$, then surely Fernando is more on that track than Kimi? :eusa_think:

That is why I used the future tense `gooing to be the next schumacher`.

Alonso is more on track with points and Champioonships but he is still very far away from acting like a champion of the caliber of MS and most inportantly does not have the driving skills and genious drive of MS or KR yet.

The fable I keep on hearing is that Alonso does not make mistakes, quite infuriating to say the least :angry:

Er...I never meant that Alonso doesn't makes mistakes. Maybe the fact that I highlited the whole phrase made you think that I do, but I don't. His problems at China this year were at least partially his fault, to name an example. He does, though, make fewer mistakes than most drivers. I think Alonso is the best driver, but he is not perfect (thanks god, it would be too boring any other way). For the purpose of understanding my previous post, just assume i highlited the phrase strting from "...but I have yet to see..."

:errrrrr:

I'm waiting to see Kimi on Ferrari so I can tell how good driver he is. Unfortunaly Fernando will b on McLaren then... I'd love to see Kimi on a Ferrari and Fernando on a Ranault, to find out which one is better on track :)

I'm waiting to see Kimi on Ferrari so I can tell how good driver he is. Unfortunaly Fernando will b on McLaren then... I'd love to see Kimi on a Ferrari and Fernando on a Ranault, to find out which one is better on track :)

Perhaps FIA should organise an annual exhibtion race / afternoon where all drivers race in a control car. We might see some real egos being dented! :naughty:

That is why I used the future tense `gooing to be the next schumacher`.

Alonso is more on track with points and Champioonships but he is still very far away from acting like a champion of the caliber of MS and most inportantly does not have the driving skills and genious drive of MS or KR yet.

What a fantastic prospect Alonso must be! He's already got 2 WDC's under his belt and he doesn't even have M$ or Kimi's skill 'yet'....

...oh, what the future will bring!!