Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bogs

BMW Wants You To Know That "Heidfeld Gets Along With Kubica"!

:clap3:

BMW put out a press release on Oct. 29 with that title on their website. There is even a picture next to the press release showing the two drivers sitting together laughing while pointing at a computer screen (maybe it was a picture of JV?).

http://www.bmw-sauber-f1.com/en/index.html

Heidfeld did make a statement after the Japan race that he, and not Kubica, is the "real star" of the the team. This was after Nick was holding up Kubica and the team came on the radio that "Kubica is Faster"....but Nick did not let him through.

But why a press release to say that Nick gets along with Robert???? Sounds a little curious don't you think? What is the purpose of this? <_<

:clap3:

BMW put out a press release on Oct. 29 with that title on their website. There is even a picture next to the press release showing the two drivers sitting together laughing while pointing at a computer screen (maybe it was a picture of JV?).

http://www.bmw-sauber-f1.com/en/index.html

Heidfeld did make a statement after the Japan race that he, and not Kubica, is the "real star" of the the team. This was after Nick was holding up Kubica and the team came on the radio that "Kubica is Faster"....but Nick did not let him through.

But why a press release to say that Nick gets along with Robert???? Sounds a little curious don't you think? What is the purpose of this? <_<

Slow news day for the site! I think Kubica still has a few lessons to learn, he is a rookie after all. One of the first lessons was that your more experienced teammate IS NOT going to let you by when you are racing for position. If he improves like he should next year you may see him consistently outperforming Heidfeld as he is toward the other end of the performance curve. He's good, but I don't exactly see him being the superstar the media is building him up to be. Yes he's occasionally outperforming Nick, but even the lowly JV did that on more that a couple of occasions in 2006 :D .

After Nick said he was better than kubica and all the media published it, BMW has been telling Nick what to say on media. It's not the first time they're doing it after that happened, but obviously the most ridiculous. You've seen they tried to put nick n kubi pics on this news and they could only find one to put there where they look happy and are not giving autographs together... it's ridiculous... I think it's the third or fourth time I read a Nick quote that doesn't sound his after that...

It's got me beat why the hell BMW think that it is this important to make sure the world knows that NH & RK do or don't like each other.

Ron Dennis would have a heart attack if asked to order such a press release. Why is MT so keen for it???

Nick Heidfeld six years in F1 and beaten by a rookie. :clap3:

You will see more of the same next year, I would bet that RK is going to beat NH most of the times next season and that he will gets more point, but I don't bet so I am going to loose that money. :( that sure it is.

are u sure you've been watching f1? i dont think we're talking about the same sport...

Kubica is undoubtedly a good driver, but at the current moment in time I still rate Nick Heidfeld more highly. This view may however change by the end of 2007 but thats that for now!

It's got me beat why the hell BMW think that it is this important to make sure the world knows that NH & RK do or don't like each other.

It may be that NH and JV had a productive and amicable working relationship whereas the RK/NH relationship is not so smooth. RK has looked a bit c#cky with some of his answers to the media; when asked what he brought to the team that JV didn't he said "pace I guess" - he has yet to prove this convincingly. Despite what the media says, JV enjoyed good relationships with his past 4 teammates being Panis, Button, Massa and Heidfeld. By bringing in RK, MT may be rocking the harmony boat a bit and that can be a major distraction within a team. MT wants his two golden boys to get along and he wants everyone to think they get along-suppose he thinks he looks less of a fool for bringing in RK too early (which he did). My two cents, if anyone really knows what they're talking about please enlighten.

MT wants his two golden boys to get along and he wants everyone to think they get along-suppose he thinks he looks less of a fool for bringing in RK too early (which he did). My two cents, if anyone really knows what they're talking about please enlighten.

RK in too early? He has shown faster race pace and been more aggressive than NH has - look at the lap times and positions during races. RK could already easily be outscoring NH with a little luck. I guess a Podium in his 3rd race is too early too?? NK has qualified better because RK is just learning the tracks and has had very little practice time due to weather conditions changing.

with a little luck?... I'm talking about talent and experience...

OK... editing to say, I think Kubi IS talented but not as good as Nick (at least not until now). Just that.

with a little luck?... I'm talking about talent and experience...

OK... editing to say, I think Kubi IS talented but not as good as Nick (at least not until now). Just that.

Going by their brief performances together so far, I would have to agree.

Kubica has promise, but to say he is the next great one is premature. The verdict is still out on this guy.

Once the other drivers get him figured out, lets see how good he does. i.e He is capitalizing on the fact the other drivers don't really know his aggression level, and he has surpised a few. Once the veterans start knowing how he drives, he will find a big difference in getting around people, and I bet we see Kubica in the grass a few times next year.

Kubica has promise, but to say he is the next great one is premature. The verdict is still out on this guy.

Once the other drivers get him figured out, lets see how good he does. i.e He is capitalizing on the fact the other drivers don't really know his aggression level, and he has surpised a few. Once the veterans start knowing how he drives, he will find a big difference in getting around people, and I bet we see Kubica in the grass a few times next year.

Good point as always, YHR ;)

Obviously the verdict is out - he's had 5 races....and if you look carefully at what happened in those races and the lap times...you could easily argue that Kubica was quicker than Nick.

He is agressive, but I think if we figured that out already, then so did everyone else racing against him long ago...this won't make any difference next year...either you can pass or you can't...you think this year people saw him comming and said "Oh look, its the rookie closing fast on me...I won't bother blocking because he is a rookie??" Will he be in the grass a few times next year? Sure, several times....the only ones that won't are the ones not pushing it to the limit.

Good to see another JVian around.

Good to see another JVian around.

Excuse me? You have some 952 less posts than YHR yet you are welcoming him to the board? I think not... Leave the welcomes to senior posters such as myself, thank you... YHR has long since established himself here.

Nick wasn't beaten by a rookie you retards. The radio was just RK's engineer telling him to go for it. Unfortunatley, nick was too good and he didn't get round. HA

What r u talking about? Beaten when? There was of course monza, but dont forget Heidfeld got pushed onto the grass at the start and later had a stop/go penalty.

All those who think Kubica is suddenly better than Heidfeld - wait to see how Kubica fares over the course of a long gruelling season before making your judgement. Thats what tests a young driver

Excuse me? You have some 952 less posts than YHR yet you are welcoming him to the board? I think not... Leave the welcomes to senior posters such as myself, thank you... YHR has long since established himself here.

Don't get your knickers in a knot Bajo, I may not have too many posts but I've been reading YHR's and yours, Senna's, Sato's, JR's for the last few years, I only joined recently when JV was sacked. I was a fan of YHR's posts during the worst JV bashing moments because he eloquently pointed out facts and did his best to quell the sometimes overwhelming ignorance of JV bashers. Excuse me if I'm out of line, of course I'm more familiar with some of you than you of me. Anyhow, post-counts are kind of overrated aren't they? If someone has something interesting to say it shouldn't matter how many things you've said in the past should it?

Nick wasn't beaten by a rookie you retards. The radio was just RK's engineer telling him to go for it. Unfortunatley, nick was too good and he didn't get round. HA

Is that why Kubica was lapping 1-2 seconds faster when not blocked by Heidfeld? Is that why Heideld's engineer came on with the coded message "Kubica is faster"....when Nick didn't move over, Mario Thiessen came on the radio and repeated the message "Kubica is faster".... Nick was holding up Kubica from lap 23 on! Don't believe me about who was faster...look yourself

http://www.visionf1.com./2006_R17_japan.html

In China, Kubica was setting fastest laps when he got the dry tires and the track was too wet. He flew by Heidfeld in Monza (look at the replay - youtube.com - Heidfeld did not go onto grass - look where his tires are, no dirt comes up)...Brazil same thing...

Nick qualified better than Kubica no doubt. All these tracks are new to Kubica, and many of the practice sessions had rain, so it was hard to set up with no reference from previous years. But look out next year.

It could be easily argued that he was beaten by a rookie....hey Einstein?

This is why Heidfeld is already feeling pressure, and why he went off on a rant over the Kubica Frenzy, and why BMW felt compelled to issue a press release that they get along well.

Anyhow, post-counts are kind of overrated aren't they? If someone has something interesting to say it shouldn't matter how many things you've said in the past should it?
indeed . objectivity.thats what some people need to have.

evidently ,old habits die hard.

Don't get your knickers in a knot Bajo, I may not have too many posts but I've been reading YHR's and yours, Senna's, Sato's, JR's for the last few years, I only joined recently when JV was sacked. I was a fan of YHR's posts during the worst JV bashing moments because he eloquently pointed out facts and did his best to quell the sometimes overwhelming ignorance of JV bashers. Excuse me if I'm out of line, of course I'm more familiar with some of you than you of me. Anyhow, post-counts are kind of overrated aren't they? If someone has something interesting to say it shouldn't matter how many things you've said in the past should it?

:clap3: the fact someone's been posting here for a long has nothing to do with what this person knows about f1...

Sorry, I don't know what I was on about then...

Sorry, I don't know what I was on about then...
evidently, you would have posted the same had you been sober.

strange personality,drinking has no effect on you.