Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

The World Champion Speaks

Fisi slowed down to let Alonso through...

I agree, AJ should provide the quote that verifies his claim. The fact that he refuses, suggests that such a quote does not exist.

The fact of the matter is, all these guys can do is go to the same old sources, the websites and they got it from the AS pucblication and these people will copy past the same lame news over and over again, but amongst the well informed F1 fans this news was dead before it even walked.

I believe you are what defines an imbecile :lol:

Since when is "this" website/forum the sole section to find F1 news? Are there no other news sites on the web? Or is India a poor under developed region with no understanding that there are other nuermous sources to F1 news? :)

Your IQ seems to be lower than that of a wallnut. We dont need to be on this site alone to be knowing what AS publication of spain claimed that alonso attacked his own team. There are so many sources for news and grapevine on the TV, Net, Local radio etc..

May I point out to you that the AS publication is the same trash which claimed that they will wager their reputation on a fact that kimi has signed a deal with renault for 2007 and beyond. And what happened? It was BS.

Yes and the same AS publication makes headlines again that sells, and at the time of Title battle its very good for the tabloids indeed, and the average ferrari goons who would love to see this alleged news to be true. Its actually what you would like to "hear" rather than what happened.

If there really was a fued, then it would be evident on sundays, but errr nope we didnt see any antagonistic atmosphere in the renault garage, rather a more determined Renault team and Alonso. So makes ya wonder were the trash came from inititally, and if at all was it a ploy to fool ferrari into thinking that they can be at ease.

Its called mind games my friend. Its an old trick in the book :)

So little ferrari fan, go get a realilty check, that news has no confirmation what so ever, and it was cearly alonso's words that were twisted, and even if alonso lies, the team will show their anger, no one will stand by a person who is leaving the team for mclaren and be allowed to attack their own men.

As for the radio show, where alonso was asked "did fisi help you?" Obviously any morone knows fisi cant help alonso when alonso's tyres are botched and he has a pursuing schumacher behind him, He helped himself for the constructors points. Thats what he is expected to do.

So the answer is "NO", but does that mean he meant to say fisi is not helpful?? Nope. Were is that explicitly said? And when you are asked annoying press questions over and over again any driver makes answeres short, thats when the press spins it around and makes a trash out of it, and fans like you will be in glee, Tsk Tsk, a pity indeed on people like you.

Oh and Fisi cared to come out and say he will miss alonso, when he has NO obligation to say that if he never liked to.

I can clearly see that a reality distorsion field exists in the minds of fans such as your self. :D

And yeah may i ask again, what are you smoking? :unsure:

I believe the under developed India, got its F1 TV shows in most recent times mostly from the year 2000 onwards, so these "fans" have not much prior knowledge about the sport and they are mostly "fair weather fans" who jumped onto the ferrari banwagon when they saw one. :D

Oye Mate, been waching F1 for the last 20 years, thank you very much, gogaferrarigoga. ;)

As much as my point of view differs from that of goferrarigo, and as much as I know he usually has a derisive word for those criticizing MS or defending FA, I must state very strongly my opposition to any attacks based on prejudiced views against a culture or nation. I am not from India, I've never been to India (or anywhere across the ocean, for that matter) and I consider it unfair to attack someone based on his/her place of birth. It would be good to see goferrarigo being more open minded sometimes, but attacking his nationality is a much worse gaffe than any of his posts. I am from Argentina, Southamerica. I am from an underdeveloped country. My native language is Spanish which means it is harder for me to express complex concepts in English. As a matter of fact, I had to learn english mostly by myself because after studying it for one year my family had no more the money to keep supporting my english studies. I earn USD 12,000 a year. Does that means that my opinions should be disregarded because of that? None of us was born when the French Revolution ocurred. Does it means we cannot talk about it?

I thouroughly enjoy the vast, complex exchange of opinions in the most diverse issues you can find in these forums (from tea to religion vs science...and that's only in recent posts). I hope that petty chauvinist wars will not obscure the purpose of the forums which are the exchange of ideas to broaden experiences and horizons, not to limit them.

PS: goferrarigo, I am glad you are getting in terms with your MS Word, maybe now I will be finally will able to understand your posts. Really, sometimes I was not even sure if you were attacking or defending someone :D

bajo not meaning any disrespect but if you want it you should look it up. i really am not bothered about this topic anymore. believe what you want to believe.

Edit:- I have apathy towards this topic

PS:- just to clear with you starblazer, i have said alonso is good driver in the past and still say it but i feel schumi and kimi are better.

Indeed, wise philosophy is the last resort when all other means of defence is over, maybe its even more wise to admit that you were wrong on this issue.

If you have a point to prove it you who brings up he evidence not us, we have presented our fact already mate.

As much as my point of view differs from that of goferrarigo, and as much as I know he usually has a derisive word for those criticizing MS or defending FA, I must state very strongly my opposition to any attacks based on prejudiced views against a culture or nation. I am not from India, I've never been to India (or anywhere across the ocean, for that matter) and I consider it unfair to attack someone based on his/her place of birth. It would be good to see goferrarigo being more open minded sometimes, but attacking his nationality is a much worse gaffe than any of his posts. I am from Argentina, Southamerica. I am from an underdeveloped country. My native language is Spanish which means it is harder for me to express complex concepts in English. As a matter of fact, I had to learn english mostly by myself because after studying it for one year my family had no more the money to keep supporting my english studies. I earn USD 12,000 a year. Does that means that my opinions should be disregarded because of that? None of us was born when the French Revolution ocurred. Does it means we cannot talk about it?

I thouroughly enjoy the vast, complex exchange of opinions in the most diverse issues you can find in these forums (from tea to religion vs science...and that's only in recent posts). I hope that petty chauvinist wars will not obscure the purpose of the forums which are the exchange of ideas to broaden experiences and horizons, not to limit them.

PS: goferrarigo, I am glad you are getting in terms with your MS Word, maybe now I will be finally will able to understand your posts. Really, sometimes I was not even sure if you were attacking or defending someone :D

Remind your member goferraro to mind his thoughts about how much people keep tabs on F1 news other than this forum.

And yeah to give his ego a little hit, i brought out the obviousness that i can see in india, been there a lot and met some nice folks, but this guy is by no means comparable to them, it was clear in his low blow attacks when he couldnt get a point across. So i stated the obvious.

Be arrogant towards someone and you get arrogance back. :)

Thanks for the support QuietOne. I am not getting into terms with it so i downloaded a addon for IE7. A spell checker so now i can still rely on my ms word. :lol: Now you will see my arguements more clearly.

Thanks for the support QuietOne. I am not getting into terms with it so i downloaded a addon for IE7. A spell checker so now i can still rely on my ms word. :lol: Now you will see my arguements more clearly.

Hey who said I would like to see more clearly the arguments of a Ferrari fan? :P Just kidding!

Interesting take on it. To me, his comments clearly mark out two intances of FIA rulings that were unsporting and obviously favored Ferrari. To have a governing body come in and monkey with the rules, mid-season, is not very sporting. Even Williams were allowed to finish their season with active-ride before it was banned. Alonso's comments were, to me, saying that he won despite unsporting behaviour by the FIA.

I'm sure the FIA could do nothing about the turn of luck that saw Michael's engine blow-up. Had they been able to mandate that, I'm sure Michael would have taken that race, and the title. By the time Brazil swung around, there were accusations against the FIA left and right...and I'm sure they felt that to try anything else...'shady'...would be taking it too far.

Nah, Webbo is Solo. Could JPM be Jabba the Hut?

let not forget the whole flexi wing thing. Ferrari and BMW both had them and both had them banned after one race. the FIA made bad decisions all year round against everybody. like letting Ide stay 10 races too long and giving torro rosso the v10's but SA the V8's. Looking at the FIA this year i think we can see its time for a change. the people now running it have been in power too long. Max ran unopposed this year, and Burine is being Burnie and only thinking about money and not the sport.

this was a great year for on track rivalries but the off track stuff was what detracted most. Fernando was right about the sport not being a sport any more but his comments were pointed at the wrong team, the FIA is really to blame.

and no, JPM is too fat to be Jabba

let not forget the whole flexi wing thing. Ferrari and BMW both had them and both had them banned after one race. the FIA made bad decisions all year round against everybody.

I mentioned somewhere that I thought the banning of flexing wings to be just as idiotic as the banning of TMD's.

and giving torro rosso the v10's but SA the V8's.

Ugh. I wish people would get this correct. The changing of the engine formula from v10 to v8 needed unanimous agreement of all the (then) current Concorde signatories. Stoddart bought Minardi's signatory to that document when he bought the team and that gave Paul the right to refuse to agree to the engine formula change. He only agreed with the stipulation that he could run restricted v10's. Hence, the STR v10's are legal.

SA was formed after the agreement to switch to v8's so they had no choice in the matter.

Hello everybody. I found this forum browsing google, and i felt like i would sign up and add my $0.02 to this discussion. Although i have been watching F1 for a comparitively short amount of time (started when hakkinen won his first championship), i have however seen tons of video material, done a lot of research, and generally followed the last 2 seasons very closely. I have seen some frankly pretty strange comments in this topic and would like to answer some of them.

First of all: the reports of what Fernando said to the team where actually stated to have been concocted by the Spanish media. Fernando claims that he actually made no comments of this nature, and similarly nothing of this kind actually came from the Renault team, so before you pounce on someone you need to ask the following question... Who actually writes this stuff?

Secondly: I personally feel that Fernando is not a whiner, and actually did very well to cope with the immense pressure placed on the shoulders of such a young man. Regardless of what any Ferrari/Schumacher fanboy says, there is absolutely no way Massa was held up in Monza, and the decision to push him back on the grid was, to say the least, nothing short of Ludicrous. And although i will be the first one to admit i am not a fan of Micheal Schumacher in the slightest, i feel the real losers where the fans of the sport there, and if anyone thinks about that decision from a non-warped POV it is plainly simple to see that it was wrong. Max Mosely admitting he feels it was a bad decision only further serves the point that Alonso and Renault had every right to complain.

Thirdly: I think that you have taken Fernando's comment wildly out of context here. I feel he is saying that despite the FIA's incredibly dodgy decision, He still pulled through and won.

Forth: I feel that some of the Schumacher fans i have seen, both on this site and in general are far too quick to leap on, and flame anyone who dares to suggest that he is anything other than magnificent. I do personally prefer Fernando as a person, and i think he is a fantastic driver, but i have the ability to look at what he did in Hungary (break testing doornbos and passing under a waved yellow) and say... yes, he was stupid and deserved his penalty. Ask a ferrari fan if Schumi deserved the penalty gained for overtaking under the red flag in the same session and they will either say: "Alonso slowed down deliberately" or "Schumi was victimised". Is it so hard to just show a bit of humility?

Fith: @ cav... i severely disagree with your point... Alonso is not changing his mind according to whether he wins or loses. I feel he was well within his rights to be incensed at what passed in italy. To say "The championship was directed in an unsporting manner, but sport prevailed and i still won it" i think is a perfectly fair comment.

Sixth: Fisichella... I personally do not feel Fisichella deliberately went on a go-slow in China to allow Fernando back past him. Once he put on his dry tires he was even outpacing Schumacher by 1.5s+ per lap, and Schumacher and Fisi where actually doing relatively similar lap times. I do not feel i need to point out, but i shall anyway that Fisi is an inconsistant driver at the best of times... he wins malaysia at a canter then i will think back to a pit radio transmission i will not forget in a hurry, saying that Fisi was 2s per lap faster than alonso in the same car with 2-3 laps more fuel. So simply say "fisi slowed down" i feel is somewhat inaccurate.

And for my final point: As the season progressed the rev limited V10's proved more a hinderence than a help as they stayed the same all season whilst other teams developed their engines, and 1 point all season suggests they did not really benifit much from it

Anyway sorry that my first post is such a long one :lol: but i hope to enjoy being a member of your forums

Fisi slowed down to let Alonso through...

I agree, AJ should provide the quote that verifies his claim. The fact that he refuses, suggests that such a quote does not exist.

He did. Twice at least. It's all in this thread, including where he repeats his remarks, notably that Fisi did not help him in a press conference, at the next race iirc.

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?sh...ic=7109&hl=

all the relevant links etc. are there.

Interesting take on it. To me, his comments clearly mark out two intances of FIA rulings that were unsporting and obviously favored Ferrari.

What abougt the rulings that obviously favoured Renault?

To have a governing body come in and monkey with the rules, mid-season, is not very sporting.
Indeed, the way Ferrari's wings were declared illegal was quite suspicious, I smell a conspiracy.
Even Williams were allowed to finish their season with active-ride before it was banned. Alonso's comments were, to me, saying that he won despite unsporting behaviour by the FIA.

I'm sure the FIA could do nothing about the turn of luck that saw Michael's engine blow-up. Had they been able to mandate that, I'm sure Michael would have taken that race, and the title. By the time Brazil swung around, there were accusations against the FIA left and right...and I'm sure they felt that to try anything else...'shady'...would be taking it too far.

Takling it too far? How does it matter, the media apart from a few people with a brain are convinced there is a conspiracy anyway. What people like you are suggesting that they first made numerous decisions to favour Renault like the wings and Monaco to favour Renault just to fool everyone, got Ferrari into a state where they were so far behind and then fiddled with the rules again to get them back in play, but didn't fiddle enough to get them to win? That is a preposterous suggestion and an affront to the work done at Ferrari and Bridgestone.

Loks like we have an invasion of Alonso lovers, I don't have time to reply to all of this and I have already replied to the points raised before anyway.

I need some backup :(

He did. Twice at least. It's all in this thread, including where he repeats his remarks, notably that Fisi did not help him in a press conference, at the next race iirc.

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?sh...ic=7109&hl=

all the relevant links etc. are there.

What abougt the rulings that obviously favoured Renault?

Indeed, the way Ferrari's wings were declared illegal was quite suspicious, I smell a conspiracy.

Takling it too far? How does it matter, the media apart from a few people with a brain are convinced there is a conspiracy anyway. What people like you are suggesting that they first made numerous decisions to favour Renault like the wings and Monaco to favour Renault just to fool everyone, got Ferrari into a state where they were so far behind and then fiddled with the rules again to get them back in play, but didn't fiddle enough to get them to win? That is a preposterous suggestion and an affront to the work done at Ferrari and Bridgestone.

Loks like we have an invasion of Alonso lovers, I don't have time to reply to all of this and I have already replied to the points raised before anyway.

I need some backup :(

:runaway: Here we come!!!

1) Mark Twain said something like "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" I don't think there was a full blown complot. I think FIA did not want a season with full dominance from Renault and started just acting with their usual clumsiness and lack of transparency in their efforts to try and balance out things in the middle of the season.

2) The comparison with the flex wings does not apply. Unlike flex wings, mass dampers were known and appoved right until mid season, were they suddenly became illegal overnight. That did not help much to establish the FIA as an imparcial government body did it?

3) Is not an invasion of Alonso lovers. I remember many ppl feeling like you when Ayrton died ("Looks like we have an invasion of Michael lovers!") Ppl just moves on and continues to watch, enjoy and discuss current drivers and teams. Same will happen with MS in a near future (yes, you can keep on loving him, I still love Ayrton ;) )

I am sorry to say this my friend, but if you look at any of the onboard camera footage, you can quiet clearly see that the rear wing of the ferrari was flexing to an increadible deal. The rules clearly state that Aerodynamic parts must be solidly fixed, and cannot move, and Ferrari clearly broke this rule. It was not a witch hunt against your beloved team either, in case you forget this penalty was also applied to McLaren and BMW.

Need more evidence?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQzFTeRomfg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AklGfuzNLQ

The only reason the ruling favoured renault was because they where one of the teams not cheating and using Flexi-Wings.

And unfortunately you are ignoring proven Scientific evidence with regards to Monaco. The onboard telemetry from the car gave the stewards the following information:

-The car was functioning perfectly Mechanically

-There was no understeer/oversteer

-Michael came into the Rascasse corner at practically the same speed as he had the previous lap

-He had no issues up to that stage, yet the onboard telemetry showed that he both applied increadibly excessive breaking force, and made no obvious attempt to take the corner.

How can you call that evidence a "Conspiracy". Michael cheated, and he was handed the appropriate punishment.

I am a Fan of Alonso, yes, but i am also a fan of the sport of F1, and what Michael did in Monaco was very Unsporting, and i find it hard to fathom how everyone can sit around defending him so staunchly when it is plainly obvious that move was done deliberately.

I would also like to point out that banning the Flex-Wing has practically no impact on the overall competitiveness of Ferrari's overall package, and what little loss it did create was a lot easier to gain back as it was a much less critical balance point than the TMD. conversely however removing the TMD had a lot of effect on the competitiveness of Renault's package.

No offence but some of you ferrari fanboys really need to wake up and smell things for what they really where