Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

JV (FA) vs MS (KR)

it's strange but true ...it looks like JV had suggested to Flavio Briatore to sign up FA when he was in lesser category , and now it looks like MS has said the same for KR to Jean todt ...

so all MS and JV fans the battle is still on, but this time with FA (JV) fans and KR (MS) fans so lets fasten our seatblets for 2007 battle ......

by the way i'm JV fan so now i'm FA fan......

cheers all...

Good to hear :thbup:

I am also a JV fan and found myself rooting for FA this year. I've liked FA since he came into F1, firstly, I saw him race in Montreal for Minardi in 01 and at the corner I was sitting at he looked so much faster than his teammate and looked competitive with much better cars- I thought, put this guy in a fast car and watch out! Then in his first year with Renault he had some stellar drives, I think Monza 04 comes to mind, I think he lost some aero components and still came from near the back and scored a podium (memory fuzzy-don't shoot me if I'm wrong). I just don't see how anyone can call him a lucky champion-absolutely ridiculous-the guy obviously has the goods and I like him for that!

This Forum is becoming a great place :)

I am also a JV fan and found myself rooting for FA this year. I've liked FA since he came into F1, firstly, I saw him race in Montreal for Minardi in 01 and at the corner I was sitting at he looked so much faster than his teammate and looked competitive with much better cars- I thought, put this guy in a fast car and watch out! Then in his first year with Renault he had some stellar drives, I think Monza 04 comes to mind, I think he lost some aero components and still came from near the back and scored a podium (memory fuzzy-don't shoot me if I'm wrong). I just don't see how anyone can call him a lucky champion-absolutely ridiculous-the guy obviously has the goods and I like him for that!

:thbup:

Me too!! But first i

weve never sed hes a lucky champion but he wasnt the best driver the years he won his championships

This Forum is becoming a great place :)

If you crave the company of fellow fans so much why don't you try a fan forum? I'd be bored to death if people started agreeing with me, there would be nothing to talk about.

If you crave the company of fellow fans so much why don't you try a fan forum? I'd be bored to death if people started agreeing with me, there would be nothing to talk about.

Dont worry Cav, it cant last forever :D

I'd be bored to death if people started agreeing with me, there would be nothing to talk about.

No you wouldn't. Admit it: you secretly wish we all worshipped narain and Michael!

Anyway, I'm slightly skeptical that MS advised JT to get KR over FA. I'd want to see proof first because I heard him say in the past that FA was particularly promising.

I'd be bored to death if people started agreeing with me, there would be nothing to talk about.

Then on this forum you shall never be bored :D

No you wouldn't. Admit it: you secretly wish we all worshipped narain and Michael!

At least i wouldn't. Narian having respect for him is all i ask, nad if everyone liked micheal how could we discuss anything/compare him to anyone. it would be really bad/boring

Agrees 100% *ominous chord*

There are some sounds that FA recommanded to Ron to have JV as team-mate in the McLaren in 2007 and to put Hamilton on P3.

Two WC on the McLaren, whoua !

Anyway, I'm slightly skeptical that MS advised JT to get KR over FA. I'd want to see proof first because I heard him say in the past that FA was particularly promising.

Its simple... MS detests anyone who he knows will compete with him. Thats why he did not want to race alongside Raikkonen next year.

Its simple... MS detests anyone who he knows will compete with him. Thats why he did not want to race alongside Raikkonen next year.

what better way to hire a new driver, have the old one pick who he least wants to drive against in the same team.

:lol: Absolutely. I think its clear to see however that he did not enjoy driving against Alonso either, nor did he like driving against Hakkinen

:lol: Absolutely. I think its clear to see however that he did not enjoy driving against Alonso either, nor did he like driving against Hakkinen

MS surly did enjoy driving against Mika, he himself has always said that Mika was the person he loved to fight the most and that 2000 was his favorite year. And im being serious about Ferrari asking MS about new drivers. you might call him a cheat and unsportsmanlike(two things that can be debated for the next thousand years) but there is no deining the fact that when he didn't "cheat" MS was one of the best drivers skill wise so why not ask him who finds the best driver to replace him?

MS surly did enjoy driving against Mika, he himself has always said that Mika was the person he loved to fight the most and that 2000 was his favorite year. And im being serious about Ferrari asking MS about new drivers. you might call him a cheat and unsportsmanlike(two things that can be debated for the next thousand years) but there is no deining the fact that when he didn't "cheat" MS was one of the best drivers skill wise so why not ask him who finds the best driver to replace him?

Really? i think i can count on 2 hands the amount of races schumacher won by passing someone on the track that wasn't his team mate

Really? i think i can count on 2 hands the amount of races schumacher won by passing someone on the track that wasn't his team mate

But i would need more than 5 hands to count the ammount of times he won when he did not "cheat".

Really? i think i can count on 2 hands the amount of races Schumacher won by passing someone on the track that wasn't his team mate

Pretty hard to pass a person who isn't your teammate for the lead when you start second and your teammate is first and i also don't get this notion of of cheating and team orders. Fangio had his team mate give him his car after Fangio's car died in the pits just so Fangio could win the race. Sterling Moss did the same thing in 57 in Britain though Moss didnt win. Most people tend to forget that team orders were the most common thing in F1 until RB pulled that stunt on the A1 ring. Just look at DC giving up his P1 to Mika in 98 in Australia.

And about cheating, Senna crashed into Prost on two consecutive years in the same corner to try and win the championship, the first time he was given the free pass, the second time he was DQed from the race and lost the WDC. You all tend to see the world through, well i cant say rose, so ill say baby blue glasses. F1 isn't about the team who pulls of the least dirty tricks in a season, its about the team that pulls off the most dirty tricks in a season and get away with it.

Honda lost out last year when they were discovered. Ferrari lost out a 5 or 6 years ago when they were running wings 5mm shorter then the minimum allowed. In the 70's and 80's you'd be hard pressed to find a team that didn't try something funny. Todays "fans" have been weakened by the new Political correctness revolution and have lost sight of the picture, wining at all costs. you might not agree, but then don't call yourself a fan or Formula one before the 21st century.

If you want to see some goo' clea' racin' by them good ol' boys go watch NASCAR. Formula one isn't a sport for the weak of mind or conviction, the saying holds true here the most, Step up or go home!

Oh, and don't forget, i find that what Renault did this year in regards to JV and all the other BS they pulled acceptable, what i don't find ok is to whine when they get hit with the same penalties they wanted for others.