Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

On Top Of The Game

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=182820

From ManipeF1

We all know that Alonso won the title in Brazil, and that Schumacher came oh so close to snatching it from him, but what about the hidden stats and facts. Jwho was the best qualifier and racer. To further you in your knowledge of the 2006 season Manipe F1 has compiled a ranking for each driver taking their fastest lap rankings and qualifying positions into account, to reveal just who the king of kings was in 2006.

Unsurprisingly, the top two consist of the two title contenders up until the last race - Alonso and Schumacher, but the order in which they appear do cause some gasps, with Schumacher for once getting ahead of Alonso. Their average qualifying positions (4.11 and 3.83 respectively) differ quite a lot from their average grid positions (4.28 and 5.44). While the latter takes account of penalties, such as those imposed on Schumacher in Malaysia and Monaco, and on Alonso in Italy, the former does not, thus boosting the figures in Schumacher's favour.

The most notable difference between season-long team-mates is that between Schumacher and Massa (3.96), Alonso and Fisichella (4.50) and R

Of course if your team mate hits you out in the first few corners you won't get a decent fastest lap at all and nothing to do with your own skill.

I guess by now everybody knows MS did well in his last season!These statistics simply confirm it!

Well-well seems Alonso is 2nd!Just noticed it!

Sorry to correct you, but Alonso won the Championship. That makes him 1st. :P All the other statistics are just crumbs from the table.

Indeed.

Shows that Takuma took care of Montagny quite easily, as did Sakon!

Montagny is so overrated.

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=182820

We all know that Alonso won the title in Brazil, and that Schumacher came oh so close to snatching it from him, but what about the hidden stats and facts. Who was the best qualifier and racer. To further you in your knowledge of the 2006 season Manipe F1 has compiled a ranking for each driver taking their fastest lap rankings and qualifying positions into account, to reveal just who the king of kings was in 2006.

Unsurprisingly, the top two consist of the two title contenders up until the last race - Alonso and Schumacher, but the order in which they appear do cause some gasps, with Schumacher for once getting ahead of Alonso. Their average qualifying positions (4.11 and 3.83 respectively) differ quite a lot from their average grid positions (4.28 and 5.44). While the latter takes account of penalties, such as those imposed on Schumacher in Malaysia and Monaco, and on Alonso in Italy, the former does not, thus boosting the figures in Schumacher's favour.

The most notable difference between season-long team-mates is that between Schumacher and Massa (3.96), Alonso and Fisichella (4.50) and R

Indeed.

You and I are perhaps the only people who would agree on that! I don't rate Franck at all and I have respect for Sato. I cringe when he smites a wall, but here's an interesting tidbit about Sato, taken from the Dec., 2003 issue of F1 Racing:

Suzuka, 1st qualifying, Sato was faster than Button.

"Over the course of the weekend, the Honda engineers reported that the brit spent more time looking at his telemetry than at any other race this season."

The article goes on to relate Jenson's comments: "Taku's bloody quick around here, much faster than I expected. Im having to push hard to stay ahead of him."

Another interesting note about Sato: Every driver lifted through 130R....except Sato; he held it flat.

Indeed.

Montagny is probably more overrated but he did not get much chance to test after sakon cam in. After his 10th place in brazil my impression of Sato has gone quite high.

Sorry to correct you, but Alonso won the Championship. That makes him 1st. :P All the other statistics are just crumbs from the table.

Nobody denied that FA won the WDC :D .But this list simply shows that once again Alonso is champion but many people feel that someone else should have been!His conservative driving , especially when he had that huge lead in the W D Championship shows up here!I no longer dispute him as this year he has shown class (on track only though) but maybe this is a translation of people's sense of him that, 'ok he is the champion, but i wasn't that impressed'.I don't know exactly how to put it, but does watching FA (or anyone else) make me think as if i'm watching MS?The answer is NO!Nevertheless he was a worthy champion this year!Simply not impressive!

Nobody denied that FA won the WDC :D .But this list simply shows that once again Alonso is champion but many people feel that someone else should have been!His conservative driving , especially when he had that huge lead in the W D Championship shows up here!I no longer dispute him as this year he has shown class (on track only though) but maybe this is a translation of people's sense of him that, 'ok he is the champion, but i wasn't that impressed'.I don't know exactly how to put it, but does watching FA (or anyone else) make me think as if i'm watching MS?The answer is NO!Nevertheless he was a worthy champion this year!Simply not impressive!

Perfectly stated tifosi too.... :clap3::thbup:

Hmm I wonder if the Bridgestones superior 1 lap performance has anything to do with this? :rolleyes:
:rolleyes2:

the fastest lap at interlagos was set in the penultimate lap,and MS had a slightly longer 2nd stint so his tyres were definitely past their prime,what 1 lap performance are you talking about.oh wait ,as usual it is Player1 talking out of his arse.

:rolleyes2:

the fastest lap at interlagos was set in the penultimate lap,and MS had a slightly longer 2nd stint so his tyres were definitely past their prime,what 1 lap performance are you talking about.oh wait ,as usual it is Player1 talking out of his arse.

And! their closest competators where a not so great driver (Fifi) in a car that would have been the nearest in performance but still behind and a driver with a normal 2 race cycle engine and only was settled in his position....oh what a puzzle of how he got the fastest lap, surely the competition was intense

It was going to be one of the Ferrari's obviously and with Massa slowing down and Schumacher having to push it's pretty elementry why he got the fastest lap.

And! their closest competators where a not so great driver (Fifi) in a car that would have been the nearest in performance but still behind and a driver with a normal 2 race cycle engine and only was settled in his position....oh what a puzzle of how he got the fastest lap, surely the competition was intense

It was going to be one of the Ferrari's obviously and with Massa slowing down and Schumacher having to push it's pretty elementry why he got the fastest lap.

You do realise these statistics are for the whole season?!And as far as Brazil is concerned, you don't think MS tore up the field with his performance?

Silverstone Alonso dominated the whole weekend and took fastest Q1,2 and 3 times then went on to win the race....do I brag about it being his skill? Maybe as an Alonso fan I don't need to site those kind of races when he clearly has the faster car because he has shown more impressive drivers with clearly not having the fastest car, MS fan's seem to glorify the dominate races as if its some skill thing when its just down to having the best car out there...very cheap.

Silverstone Alonso dominated the whole weekend and took fastest Q1,2 and 3 times then went on to win the race....do I brag about it being his skill? Maybe as an Alonso fan I don't need to site those kind of races when he clearly has the faster car because he has shown more impressive drivers with clearly not having the fastest car, MS fan's seem to glorify the dominate races as if its some skill thing when its just down to having the best car out there...very cheap.

You are the one who wanted to debate the statistics!Did 'we the MS fans' brag about his dominance?I don't think so!If we did, it would be a pretty boring thing to do after a while :D

Also you honestly believe Alonso has shown more skill fighting with an inferior car than MS?It's one thing to finish ahead of your Minardi teammate and another to win a race with a car that would only be able to do it if performing at 100% the whole time.

Anyone who really thinks this can compare anyone other the teammates is kidding themselves

News flash folks, the cars are all different! :o

Anyone who really thinks this can compare anyone other the teammates is kidding themselves

News flash folks, the cars are all different! :o

Yes but the world champion is not No1 on this list.

I could make quite a case for why Michael drove better this season, better than these fly by night websites :eusa_think:

Yes, he drove so well he secured a healthy 2nd place. Good job, Michael.

Yes but the world champion is not No1 on this list.

He must of screwed up big time not to win the WDC then.

Oh yes, I can see through my windows the hordes of tifossis celebrating as MS won the most desired title in the F1 world: Best Average Qualifying Position!!! Congratulations Michael! :1st:

Oh yes, I can see through my windows the hordes of tifossis celebrating as MS won the most desired title in the F1 world: Best Average Qualifying Position!!! Congratulations Michael! :1st:

Why don't you read closer?That's not what it says!

He must of screwed up big time not to win the WDC then

The point is that the champ didn't dominate the field.It doesn't mean much, just pointing out that the 2nd driver in the WDC was actually quicker in qualifing and the race than the champion.I already said FA was a worthy champion as he kept on getting points and podiums in order to gain the WDC.

He's 1st on the only list anyone will remember wink.gif

Yes and its true that nobody remembers who came 2nd after a while.This list hardly gives any reason even for MS to be proud and can't be compared to becoming a world champion!It's just that MS in his final year proved to be a powerful racer once again!It doesn't take anything away from Alonso.

Yes and its true that nobody remembers who came 2nd after a while.This list hardly gives any reason even for MS to be proud and can't be compared to becoming a world champion!It's just that MS in his final year proved to be a powerful racer once again!It doesn't take anything away from Alonso.

Good response :clap3::clap3:

Its true. No one remembers (or cares) who came second in the standings..., UNLESS ITS MICHAEL :excl: