Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

F1 Quiz

u could ask something and then when someone gets it right, has thr gith to make a question to the others...

sure why not that is today quesiotn, " What is the name of the Second Williams Driver in 1989". Obviously Jmestride cannot answer, but will have to post the final answer the question.

Thierry Boutsen?

u could ask something and then when someone gets it right, has thr gith to make a question to the others...

Nice idea will update the rules to include this

Which F1 team used to be partly held by the Bin Laden family?

Is that just a trick question? And what do u mean by 'held?'??

Which F1 team used to be partly held by the Bin Laden family?

Williams, i think?

Surely Ferrari. They bring a terrorist's mentality to the sport and have tried to violently and illegally take out the enemy.

Held- i meant party owned.

And Mike got it right Williams is the correct answer. In the late 1970's williams had some sponsership from Bin Laden's family.

PS:- sorry for the bad wording.

Question 3: Which was the first team to use carbon fibre gearboxes?

Held- i meant party owned.

And Mike got it right Williams is the correct answer. In the late 1970's williams had some sponsership from Bin Laden's family.

PS:- sorry for the bad wording.

Question 3: Which was the first team to use carbon fibre gearboxes?

British American Racing ;)

First titanium box came from Minardi.

nope some one else

At least in the modern era it was BAR. Some other team may have introduced an unworkable version in the past and abandoned it...

Anyway, here's another one: who tested the first seemless shift gearbox in F1 (they're now banned by the technical regulations)?

Anyway, here's another one: who tested the first seemless shift gearbox in F1 (they're now banned by the technical regulations)?

They're not banned, everyone's using them. I don't know aboutthe first team (Williams or Honda?), but Williams Renault and Red Bull have been using them, and Honda of course and Ferrari for the last 3 races.

Ankit sponsorship does not mean partial ownership, as far as I know Williams has always been 70-30 between Williams and Head.

Ankit sponsorship does not mean partial ownership, as far as I know Williams has always been 70-30 between Williams and Head.

Sorry my mistake. :doh: The answer since no one wants to guess is Arrows in 1988.

Answer to bajo's question:- my guess is BAR?

They're not banned, everyone's using them. I don't know aboutthe first team (Williams or Honda?), but Williams Renault and Red Bull have been using them, and Honda of course and Ferrari for the last 3 races.

No sir, the regulations specifically require a maximum of 7 fixed ratios (plus reverse) with breaks of power between shifts, the dual drive-shaft technology notwithstanding.... Shall I pull the article for you?

Anyway, this is an aside. My question is who invented the first of these?

No sir, the regulations specifically require a maximum of 7 fixed ratios (plus reverse) with breaks of power between shifts, the dual drive-shaft technology notwithstanding.... Shall I pull the article for you?

Anyway, this is an aside. My question is who invented the first of these?

Earliest memory of this was BAR (with Ferrari threatening to protest). I'll google it and see if I'm correct. Though I think the key will be the word 'tested'.... :eusa_think:

Earliest memory of this was BAR (with Ferrari threatening to protest). I'll google it and see if I'm correct. Though I think the key will be the word 'tested'.... :eusa_think:

i allready said BAR wih no luck so some other team i guess

i allready said BAR wih no luck so some other team i guess

Actually, Dan never said no to BAR, so it is still a viable choice for the first seamless shift gearbox.

Actually, Dan never said no to BAR, so it is still a viable choice for the first seamless shift gearbox.

Yeah but not 2 peopl guessing the same option isn't quite smart is it?

Seamless shift gearboxes are banned, the rules state there has to be a shifting gap. The seamless shift gearbox is really a bit of a cop out, as it is technically not seamless. The trick is to make the shifting quicker.

As for the answer to the question... Was it McLaren?