Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

Webber Admits There Is Pressure At Red Bull

Webber admits there is pressure at Red Bull

03 November 2006

Mark Webber has got two difficult years behind him at Williams. He hoped to start racing for Formula 1 victories but instead he was able to be on the podium just once in 2005. In 2007 Webber will join Red Bull Racing where there is a lot of pressure inside the team the Australian admits.

Speaking about the upcoming year with his new team Red Bull Racing Webber told Australian newspaper The Age: "There's a lot of pressure inside the team, they want to go and achieve things. They want to make a difference next year, otherwise I wouldn't have gone there. Is it world-beating? Over time, it could be but I'm absolutely praying that they're going to be one of the finds of the season next year."

Of course there is pressure. Webber needs to beat DC convincingly if he wants to be considered a first class driver. I don't think he can do that...

I think the problem for Webber is that not only is Red Bull under pressure to perform, but so is Mark himself. Two multiplied by pressure equals massive dissapointment if neither entity achieves what they're hoping for.

Welcome, Dan.

If we're looking at pressure in the Red Bull team, I would say Adrien Newey has the lionshare of it sitting on his balding head.

Welcome, Dan.

If we're looking at pressure in the Red Bull team, I would say Adrien Newey has the lionshare of it sitting on his balding head.

First of all, thanks for the welcoming Autumn! Much appreciated, i miss having places to discuss F1 so this seemed like a perfect place to register for! As for the idea about Newey, i think you're probably right, for somebody to have designed winning cars for at least the last two teams he's worked for he's going to have to prove his worth at RBR. It's good to see the challenge of smaller teams rising up though, i think it's more interesting than a team coming into the sport and dominating.

Two multiplied by pressure equals massive dissapointment if neither entity achieves what they're hoping for.

Or massive blame culture al a Rubens and Honda.

Welcome.

What a silly article, you can tell its the off season. Ofcourse there is pressure, formula one is the greatest pressure cooker in motorsport.

I'm looking forward to the battle between MW & DC in 07, more so I'm looking forward to the debut of the 07 Red Bull Racer.

BTW Welcome Dan Byway

The picture fits perfectly the bill. :rolleyes:

Mark is always pulling rather odd faces though. :eusa_think:

The picture fits perfectly the bill. :rolleyes:

:lol: Maybe they've just told him he'll be racing in the superman outfit all next year.

:lol: Maybe they've just told him he'll be racing in the superman outfit all next year.

It seemed to work of DC. When he wore it he got his best result by far. :D I would like to see a Batman theme next year with the Red Bull cars painted in a deep black with elements of silver.

It seemed to work of DC. When he wore it he got his best result by far. :D I would like to see a Batman theme next year with the Red Bull cars painted in a deep black with elements of silver.

So, who would be wearing the little yellow tighties that Robin wore?

I guess it would have to be Webber as he is younger than DC. Also Robins colours of green and gold are also Australia's national colours so that would work perfectly. :D

I guess it would have to be Webber as he is younger than DC. Also Robins colours of green and gold are also Australia's national colours so that would work perfectly. :D

:lol:

That would have to be Christian Horner, he loves to dive into the pool after loosing a bet with a cape on..... so he is the most likely candidate.

60192gg4.jpg

Despite their looks, they must be one of the fittest driver pairings on the grid. Hope they do reasonably well.