Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Who Will Get The 2nd Mclaren Seat For 2007?

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the 2nd McLaren seat for 2007?

• Pedro De La Rosa
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Someone Else

I dont think a thread like these has been created yet. My question is simple Who will get the 2nd McLaren seat for the 2007 season. Pedro De La Rosa would be the safer option as he is experianced and he also Ron Dennis doesnt have a history of hiring rookies as race drivers but Lewis Hamilton has been quick in testing and he has been groomed as a possible race driver by McLaren for many years. This poll is about who do you think will get the seat and NOT who do you want to get the seat.

Car's built for Alonso who is spanish, he's bringing over spanish sponsors and even attracting new ones.....they are gonna push for DLR as the rear gunner i'm betting and will get it.

Hamilton going straight into a race seat will hurt him, a year of testing first will be much better for him.

Car's built for Alonso who is spanish, he's bringing over spanish sponsors and even attracting new ones.....they are gonna push for DLR as the rear gunner i'm betting and will get it.

Hamilton going straight into a race seat will hurt him, a year of testing first will be much better for him.

Indeed, testing for Hamilton is what I predict.

Some people may say BMW was sucessfull when trying Robert, but Robert was alreayd third driver for some time, so I thik McLaren may have Hamilton as 3rd driver for 2007 and Pedro as 2nd, then to change it on 2008.

I think they would not want an all-spanish team. DLR is good, but still an average guy, it will be more marketeable to get LH even if he still is unexperienced. The champion and the young promise (as if the champion were old!). A British and a Spaniard. The Beauty and the Beast (ok, that last one was too much). They may (and I say "may") lose a few points, but they will surely win some extra millions from non-spanish sponsors,

i guess pedro would be driving for one part of the season while LH tests only for pedro to be put back into the third seat and promoting LH to the race seat later.....makes sense to me! :thbup:

Some people may say BMW was sucessfull when trying Robert, but Robert was alreayd third driver for some time, so I thik McLaren may have Hamilton as 3rd driver for 2007 and Pedro as 2nd, then to change it on 2008.

my thoughts exactly... ;)

Alonso won't get good result and Mclaren hires Michael Schumacher at midseason to replace PDR and LH at the same time and the name of the film is "Dream On" :clap3:

I doubt they want to bring in Lewis right now, as if it is too early it will ruin his reputation, they only need to look at Williams to see this is the case with Rosberg. Better wait another year, I'm not so sure De La Rosa is really up to the job either though. He has 'flashes' of brilliance but then doesn't seem to go so quick.

I doubt they want to bring in Lewis right now, as if it is too early it will ruin his reputation, they only need to look at Williams to see this is the case with Rosberg. Better wait another year, I'm not so sure De La Rosa is really up to the job either though. He has 'flashes' of brilliance but then doesn't seem to go so quick.

Would you rate him lower then Fifi though?

I don't think too that McLaren can have a good 2007... Alonso is not used to McLaren as Kimi was and 2006 was already a bad year for them... So a driver like Pedro, that at least has some experience with them is a better option... The chance Fernando has for 2007 is that Kimi is also not used to Ferrari and seems to have no luck at all...

I don't think too that McLaren can have a good 2007... Alonso is not used to McLaren as Kimi was and 2006 was already a bad year for them... So a driver like Pedro, that at least has some experience with them is a better option... The chance Fernando has for 2007 is that Kimi is also not used to Ferrari and seems to have no luck at all...

McLaren's being built around Alonso though, the car and everything so i'd bet he has a much easier time fitting in.

I think they would not want an all-spanish team. (...) The Beauty and the Beast (ok, that last one was too much).

Ive heard about this non-spanish team thing on Tv. I think having both drivers from spain is not a bad thing... I see no prob with that...

I was really wondering who would b the beast and who would b the beauty... It took me some time to choose...

McLaren's being built around Alonso though, the car and everything so i'd bet he has a much easier time fitting in.

So I guess he'll have a looooong testing offseason...

[quote name='Katy H.' post='152359' date='Nov 4 2006, 12:30 PM']Ive heard about this non-spanish team thing on Tv. I think having both drivers from spain is not a bad thing... I see no prob with that...[/quote]

Me neither! I would rather see an all spanish team, in fact. But the question was who I thought would get the 2nd seat, not who I'd want to :)

[quote name='Katy H.' post='152359' date='Nov 4 2006, 12:30 PM']I was really wondering who would b the beast and who would b the beauty... It took me some time to choose...
So I guess he'll have a looooong testing offseason...[/quote]

:lol:

I'm going to have a bet on Hamilton. Ron is traditionally conservative but he could be in the mood for a gamble. If it went wrong it wouldn't be a disaster. He could pull him out and test him for a year then put him back in.

He knows how to drive a Formula One car and he knows how to race. The only way he can successfully get the two right together is by doing it.

i agree, too risky bringing lewis in yet. maybe later in the year as an all-spanish team is also not ideal for the british-german team.

You're right about De La Rosa getting preference in that sense, but i doubt McLaren shareholders will want a typically British team to become the Super Aguiri of Spain. I'm pretty sure Mercedes will be a little sceptic too.

Hamilton deserves to get the drive but i do sense whomever gets the job of #2 driver will end up being a supporter rather an equal. McLaren and Alonso might become the Ferrari/Schumacher connection, which is a shame because i don't think McLaren are going to be a breakout performer in the same way Ferrari was.

I think Hamilton will get the seat,Pedro I don't think has race winning caliber.Also I doubt Paffett will get the seat so my votes with Hamilton.

You're right about De La Rosa getting preference in that sense, but i doubt McLaren shareholders will want a typically British team to become the Super Aguiri of Spain. I'm pretty sure Mercedes will be a little sceptic too.

Hamilton deserves to get the drive but i do sense whomever gets the job of #2 driver will end up being a supporter rather an equal. McLaren and Alonso might become the Ferrari/Schumacher connection, which is a shame because i don't think McLaren are going to be a breakout performer in the same way Ferrari was.

I think Pedro will become the 2nd driver.

I dont think Mclaren will be able to dominate in F1 as shumi/ferrari did as how the FIA changed teh rules in 05 to make them uncompetitive in the smae way they will to mke mclaren/ferrari if any of them becoe too good.

I think Hamilton will get the seat,Pedro I don't think has race winning caliber.Also I doubt Paffett will get the seat so my votes with Hamilton.

Dosent need to be of race winning caliber they got someone else for that :msn-wink: , just podium caliber which DLR is atleast.

Dosent need to be of race winning caliber they got someone else for that :msn-wink: , just podium caliber which DLR is atleast.

Yes. They have alonso to win races. they do just need DLR for constructors for which DLR is quite suited. DLR has a hgher probability of coming on the podium than Hamilton(atleast till the mid season.)

Either way, I'm happy. I've always like Pedro and of course I like Hamilton. And I like Alonso. This is just a win-win for me. The only thing better would be if the team were Williams instead of McLaren.