Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

Vettel: I'm Not The New Schumi

The arrival of German Sebastian Vettel to Formula One has of course has many people talking about the possibility that we could have the new Michael Schumacher on our hands but the youngster himself will hear nothing of it.

The former Formula 3 driver had an impressive testing debut in Turkey in August and has now been confirmed as the BMW Friday test driver for 2007.

With Schumacher's departure from Formula One racing everyone is seemingly on the look out for 'the next big thing' and a young German with some impressive pace has obviously caught the attention of a couple within the F1 circles.

"Now that I'm driving in Formula One, and I'm German, people are starting to talk about me being similar to Michael Schumacher," the BMW Sauber website reported Vettel as saying.

"But any comparisons between me and Schumacher have been made up by the press."

While some may think having such high expectation on their shoulders even before they get close to a race seat in Formula One would be a bit much for such a young driver but Vettel says he hasn't even given it second though.

"It doesn't put any extra pressure on me - the pressure to do well comes from within, because I want to win every race."

interesting, haven't heard that comparison being made yet... :eusa_think: who the hell is this guy? he certainly has an ego made for f1!

I'd laugh my head off if i didn't want to remain alive! What a ridiculous idea. Vettel and Kubica did well last season because BMW Sauber stuck their engine revs high during practice sessions.

The arrival of German Sebastian Vettel to Formula One has of course has many people talking about the possibility that we could have the new Michael Schumacher on our hands but the youngster himself will hear nothing of it.

The former Formula 3 driver had an impressive testing debut in Turkey in August and has now been confirmed as the BMW Friday test driver for 2007.

With Schumacher's departure from Formula One racing everyone is seemingly on the look out for 'the next big thing' and a young German with some impressive pace has obviously caught the attention of a couple within the F1 circles.

"Now that I'm driving in Formula One, and I'm German, people are starting to talk about me being similar to Michael Schumacher," the BMW Sauber website reported Vettel as saying.

"But any comparisons between me and Schumacher have been made up by the press."

While some may think having such high expectation on their shoulders even before they get close to a race seat in Formula One would be a bit much for such a young driver but Vettel says he hasn't even given it second though.

"It doesn't put any extra pressure on me - the pressure to do well comes from within, because I want to win every race."

interesting, haven't heard that comparison being made yet... :eusa_think: who the hell is this guy? he certainly has an ego made for f1!

Grrr...I wanted to post that article and you beat me to it!

Well...I will be watching when (very soon I assume) Monteiro will go out saying "I am not the new Prost"

I'd also like to add that I am not the new Einstein. :doh:

Grrr...I wanted to post that article and you beat me to it!

Well...I will be watching when (very soon I assume) Monteiro will go out saying "I am not the new Prost"

I'd also like to add that I am not the new Einstein. :doh:

Yeah, it's some denial isn't it? "Despite the talk, I am not the next Einstein. I swear, I'm not!" :lol:

These young drivers are unbelievable. I think they should all have to work as junior mechanics for a few years before being allowed to drive.

Yeah, it's some denial isn't it? "Despite the talk, I am not the next Einstein. I swear, I'm not!" :lol:

These young drivers are unbelievable. I think they should all have to work as junior mechanics for a few years before being allowed to drive.

:D

If i was the guy interviewing Vettel I would have said: "Don't worry, we all know you are not"

Has the german press been comparing him lately? I find that easy to believe considering what Jenson has gone through, being compared to Britain's best.

I read that snippet of article as Vettel responding to the german press, not spontaneously bringing the subject up.

All I can say negative about Vettel is that he needs a good haircut. That Doris Day pouf on top of his head is a disaster.

Has the german press been comparing him lately? I find that easy to believe considering what Jenson has gone through, being compared to Britain's best.

I read that snippet of article as Vettel responding to the german press, not spontaneously bringing the subject up.

All I can say negative about Vettel is that he needs a good haircut. That Doris Day pouf on top of his head is a disaster.

:clap3: Indeed!

Indeed, he should be tarred and feathered along with that Piquet Jr chap. Kids noawadys :rolleyes:

he needs a news flash. Not driven in even 1 race and he would like to compare himslef to schumi. I dont think anyone even thinks he is. probably a practical joke by somebody and the press caught it.

he needs a news flash. Not driven in even 1 race and he would like to compare himslef to schumi. I dont think anyone even thinks he is. probably a practical joke by somebody and the press caught it.

I'm not sure he was saying that...can you isolate the bit where he says this?

100% Agree with everything in that post.

the fact is: sebastian's idol IS michael and he'd love to be like him. When sebastian read on gazzetta dello sport that they were comparing him to michael he got really excited about it, he even said it was weird on Red Bulletin... He's too young, let him talk...

Heeey! I love his haircut! EDIT: I love the fact he doesn't get a haircut... *LOL* I like the way it is now :D

the fact is: sebastian's idol IS michael and he'd love to be like him. When sebastian read on gazzetta dello sport that they were comparing him to michael he got really excited about it, he even said it was weird on Red Bulletin... He's too young, let him talk...

Heeey! I love his haircut! EDIT: I love the fact he doesn't get a haircut... *LOL* I like the way it is now :D

What the heck is Red Bulletin? Some damned commie program??!??

:D

I have no idea what his personality is like so I can't tell if he is replying to a quesiton or just flattering himself.

As for his haircut, who cares (apart from the women ;) )

thats exactly right. i was over there for the last week to visit my family and i read, think it was auto bild, where he was asked something along the line of do you believe you can be Germany's next MS?

hes not being egotistical hes just answering a question

to the people who just went off like a time bomb for his statements, maybe you should get all the facts, and most of you guys hate MS why do you even care, shouldn't it be the MS fans who get ticked off?

thats exactly right. i was over there for the last week to visit my family and i read, think it was auto bild, where he was asked something along the line of do you believe you can be Germany's next MS?

hes not being egotistical hes just answering a question

to the people who just went off like a time bomb for his statements, maybe you should get all the facts

True. I investigated further and he was, in fact, shrugging off the comparisons made by others. :dam:

, and most of you guys hate MS why do you even care, shouldn't it be the MS fans who get ticked off?

I am a fan of Vettel, that's what p****d me off, I mean, come on! The guy has never had the chance to cheat even once and they are already comparing him with MS! :naughty:

I am a fan of Vettel, that's what p****d me off, I mean, come on! The guy has never had the chance to cheat even once and they are already comparing him with MS! :naughty:

:lolroll:

True. I investigated further and he was, in fact, shrugging off the comparisons made by others. :dam:

there is the old MS hater i was looking for, at least in this thread

there is the old MS hater i was looking for, at least in this thread

Someone to fill the viod when escape and player1 aren't here.

Someone to fill the viod when escape and player1 aren't here.

oh no...WE are always here...watch out... :ninja:

and its ecap..you might try to learn to read...

"Spainish Newsaper headline according to stopkidding"

and to write too...man...you should back to primary school!

oh no...WE are always here...watch out... :ninja:

and its ecap..you might try to learn to read...

and to write too...man...you should back to primary school!

You have not been here for a while so i forgot your spelling. I don't know why but i allways thought it was escape, well I was wrong. you know that most of the times when you read a sentence we see what we want to see to some extent(like sometimes in book you miss a sentence or skim through it and it does not make sense so we go and reread it, that is when our mind thinks what the sentence is rather than what we actually read.[learned in psychology])

About the 2nd part, i took it directly from stop kiddings post's so he technically made the spelling error.

but will modify it nevertheless

Actually will be changing it soon