Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bajo39

Remembering Michael...

Great post!!! It's true, since MS the sheer personality of a driver has not played a major role, only the results. That's why the most interesting stories about F1 are in the pre-MS era. Yes they had cars and regulations that made for a much thrilling experience to watch, but also there were full of colorful, interesting personalities around which made F1 a richer world than is today.

Before the MS fans start yelling against your post and bringing back the subject of FA's complaints against his team (which seems to be the answer to any critic to MS), I must, however, give Michael some credit from a non-Schumi fan.

He must not have the most colorful of personalities in fact, I never understood how ppl could say he "has charisma", for me he has the charisma of a KGB chief, but truth is, there aren't many interesting characters around (yeah, I love Alonso but his personality is a shadow compared to the likes of Senna, Mansell, Gilles, Fittipaldi et al.). KR is now the most colorful guy around...that says it all...Anyways, MS has in his favour that, even though it was never a blast to hear him talk, has always avoided the "primadonna" peeves that made so many drivers annoying. I can't remember where (I think it was at planet-f1) I recently read an article about him. They brought back his rather low profile, his scandals free relationship with Corinna and I must give him credit for that. Yeah, I know that doesn't makes for a memorable character, but anyways is healthy to see a guy at the top for so long without turning into a hysterical god. He might not be the warmest of guys around, but he did build quietly a nice, harmonious life that will pay for him much more dividends than his racing career, if he keeps it like this.

It's funny that most people crave a bit of personality in their sporting heroes, yet when they do open their mouthes, they are crucified in the press for every word! Amazing...

It's funny that most people crave a bit of personality in their sporting heroes, yet when they do open their mouthes, they are crucified in the press for every word! Amazing...

Well, that comes with the package! :D Anyways, I think it's very hard to balance "having personality" with "talking nonsense in front of any TV camera that is on". No, I am not talking about any particular driver, and yes, I'd rather have KR saying he went to take a s**t than hearing the usual common places in all press conferences that make them all sound the same.

Great post!!!

Sorry, that article was written by Cassio Cortes of RACER Magazine...

And I think the author is right in that as much of a robot as Michael is, the future with Kimi et al looks even more bland. Depressing, isn't it?

Sorry, that article was written by Cassio Cortes of RACER Magazine...

And I think the author is right in that as much of a robot as Michael is, the future with Kimi et al looks even more bland. Depressing, isn't it?

Yup. I miss the beer-swilling, wench hugging, arrogant days of Hunt; the Irvine-punching days of Senna; the Senna strangling days of Mansell. F1 is too sanitized.

Yup. I miss the beer-swilling, wench hugging, arrogant days of Hunt; the Irvine-punching days of Senna; the Senna strangling days of Mansell. F1 is too sanitized.

Part of that is the regulations, I mean, if they are sanitized, what do you expect from the drivers? The whole bloody thing is too sanitized and too family/woman-friendly IMO.

What a pretentious idiot - the old days were better because people said they were. As for the retirement speech he doesn't know what he is talking about, any fan of the sport, even one who rabidly hates Michael would have had a lumpo in their throat when they heard it.

Limitless arrogance and ignorance, who is this guy anyway? You had to spoil my morning by posting such infuriating rubbish :(

What a pretentious idiot - the old days were better because people said they were. As for the retirement speech he doesn't know what he is talking about, any fan of the sport, even one who rabidly hates Michael would have had a lumpo in their throat when they heard it.

Limitless arrogance and ignorance, who is this guy anyway? You had to spoil my morning by posting such infuriating rubbish :(

You're only mad because it's putting Michael in a bad light. No worries, the rest of us get it :D

This article ain't worth more than the cr@p we write here bashing each others favourite team/drivers etc :thbdn:

With respect, another tifosi's word on it isn't worth much :P

With respect, another tifosi's word on it isn't worth much :P

Well in that case, your word is not valid for Alonso or Hamilton or anybody else's for the drivers they support.If you want to turn someone else's opinion into a gospel is fine by me!Like I said, it doesn't appear to be worth any more than the stuff we write!

Well in that case, your word is not valid for Alonso or Hamilton or anybody else's for the drivers they support.If you want to turn someone else's opinion into a gospel is fine by me!Like I said, it doesn't appear to be worth any more than the stuff we write!

Ease up, I wasn't really serious! Of course I'm biased towards Hamilton and I will expect this treatment when Hammy starts to race, has a bad moment, and I invent crazy stories to cover up that mistake ;) I'm on the fence with Alonso...I respect his skills, but I'm one of the first to call him to task for questionable on-track acts (brake-checking, anyone?)

As to the quality of the article, it's a damned sight better than what we write here! Only the subject matter is open to like/dislike, no?

EDT: Alright, I'm not really on the fence with respect to Alonso...damn he's a good racer!!!!

The drivers of my youth were gods('65-'75) ^_^

Ease up, I wasn't really serious! Of course I'm biased towards Hamilton and I will expect this treatment when Hammy starts to race, has a bad moment, and I invent crazy stories to cover up that mistake ;) I'm on the fence with Alonso...I respect his skills, but I'm one of the first to call him to task for questionable on-track acts (brake-checking, anyone?)

As to the quality of the article, it's a damned sight better than what we write here! Only the subject matter is open to like/dislike, no?

EDT: Alright, I'm not really on the fence with respect to Alonso...damn he's a good racer!!!!

I wasn't angry :D .Everybody believes what they like so i have no hesitation to call this article cr@p... :lol:

It was a really GREAT post...thank you bajo for write it for us that have a lot of years watching F1...its funny how the ferrari

You're only mad because it's putting Michael in a bad light. No worries, the rest of us get it :D

I don't mind criticism, but when someone says something as ludicrous as

Schumacher

MS has never really been an emotional person, so his reaction was pretty much as expected really

It was a really GREAT post...thank you bajo for write it for us that have a lot of years watching F1...its funny how the ferrari

Don't try and lump yourself in with the Tifosi... You are a newcomer to the sport and have jumped on the Ferrari bandwagon like so many other of your kind. I doubt the true Tifosi would accept you as one of their own.

First of all I 'm older than you and I'm no newcomer.Being a Ferrari fan and supporter of the F1 team makes me a "tifosi" if I choose to call myself that.Italy is only a couple of hours away from here...!And yes, you are an idiot!

First of all I 'm older than you and I'm no newcomer.Being a Ferrari fan and supporter of the F1 team makes me a "tifosi" if I choose to call myself that.Italy is only a couple of hours away from here...!And yes, you are an idiot!

True tifosi are Italian. Are you Italian? If not, then you are a fan.