Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

2007 Season Predictions

Only Schumacher, and maybe Fangio, i cannot remember.

I thought the Renault engine from last year was actually pretty powerful. It didn't rev as high as the Merc but it had a lot better bottom end Torque

Exactly Kimi your going to be to busy fighting off and tripping over Massa to catch up with Alonso.

---

Alonso's hard on the brakes....McLaren employ the services of the best brake manufacturers in the world like Ferrari but unlike Renault (+)

McLaren's suspension system is much more advanced then Renault's which makes them alot kinder to the tyres (+)

McLaren are building the car for Alonso which Renault never did (+)

The McLaren won't have the Renault's rear weighted characteristic's that gave it excellent traction (-) but it mean's the front will be heavier so much better suited to Alonso's style (+)

Renault had the best aero of any car which made up for it's lack of engine power (-) but Reanult's chief Aero guy is following Alonso to McLaren so the same expertise will be there aswell as the more powerful engine (++)

Ron likes to put top drivers in and let them at it (-) making the car for Alonso could hint at him changing tack and defining a no. 2 driver to help Alonso (+)

McLaren will have the biggest sponser deal's of any team and the list hasent stopped getting added to (+)

After beating MS while both in competative car's and then retiring theres little chance of him ever coming up against a bigger challenge so will have a psychological advantage (+)

---

Kimi will be moving to Ferrari lacking Brawn, lacking the ultra reliability they took for granted and lost Vodafone to McLaren (-)

Massa is looking to stamp his authority on who's No.1 in the team and he did manage to keep up with MS in qualifying and the race so isent a push over (-)

Kimi should be comfortable with the car instantly (+)

High possibility of friction growing with the team because of his attitude, inside and outside F1 (-)

Ferrari could possibly enjoy a knowledge advantage for Bridgestone tyres (+)

Pressure will be on to perform, not break anything and finally stop being the brides maid and become the bride(-)

---

I may be bias but that's my reckoning of who made the better choice of teams for 2007.

How many drivers have achieved 3 WDC's in a row?

Sponsors does'nt win championships, Mclaren in the last three years has been in the top 3 in terms of spenditure. Having the best brakes manufacturer or suspension system at your disposal does'nt mean it will last....look what happened to Kimi with his suspension in the first race. Ultimately money helps but it's NO guarantee of success....Do you know who Tombazis is??? Take a look at his record....he's better than Renault's Chief Aero man. What you give is not concrete evidence that McLaren will ALL OF A SUDDEN challenge for championships, based on this year's performance, we shall wait and see...

you sound like a very worried man, and I don't blame you....

They mounted a very strong challenge in 2005 despite having a very poor car in 2004 so its not impossible

They mounted a very strong challenge in 2005 despite having a very poor car in 2004 so its not impossible

Ah but McLaren had Adrian Newey in 2005.

I am sure they can cope without him. They didnt have him when Senna and Prost won their championships

Sponsors does'nt win championships, Mclaren in the last three years has been in the top 3 in terms of spenditure. Having the best brakes manufacturer or suspension system at your disposal does'nt mean it will last....look what happened to Kimi with his suspension in the first race. Ultimately money helps but it's NO guarantee of success....Do you know who Tombazis is??? Take a look at his record....he's better than Renault's Chief Aero man. What you give is not concrete evidence that McLaren will ALL OF A SUDDEN challenge for championships, based on this year's performance, we shall wait and see...

you sound like a very worried man, and I don't blame you....

Yea clearly from a list I just put of why I think Alonso is moving to a better position then Kimi it mean's i'm worried about Alonso's postion in 2007 :rolleyes:

I think youre lashing out like that is just a sign that you know i'm right and are worried about Kimi next year :naughty:

Actually until i watched that ITV F1 Insight, i didn't even pay attention to the effect of a car's design on a driver's driving style. I guess it's a big undercover party of the sport that isn't really well documented ... still ... if you have a good car then you can adapt yourself or your vehicle to push you forward up the grid - Ala Barrichello in the 2006 Honda.

I can't see Alonso worrying about Reliability McLaren largely got on top of that during 2006, and as the engine was running at almost 20,000 RPM i cannot see it being overstressed running at 19,000. If McLaren give Alonso a decent chassis he will have as good a chance as anyone else.

A bit of statistic and information

2006\2007 mid\Season 55 GP = ALL (2004-2006) =

= ALL POINTS IN LAST 55 GP =

PILOT = MS-331 FA-326 KR-222 RB-182 JB-178 GF-152 JPM-144 FM-103

TEAM = Fer-563 Ren-502 McL-361 Hon-243 Wil-165 Toy-132

MOTOR = Fer-630 Ren-502 Merced-361 Hon-243 BMW-190 Toy-144

= ALL POINTS IN LAST 55 GP =

I know I'm new here but can I put in a controversial prediction?

WDC

1 Massa

2 Raikkonen

3 Alonso

4 Fisichella

5 Button

WCC

1 Ferrari

2 McLaren

3 Renault

4 Honda

5 Red Bull

Massa will flourish next season without Schuey. I would love to see Alonso make it three in a row though.

WDC

1. Kimi

2. Alonso

3. Massa

4. Fisi

5. Kova

6. Button

7. Webber

8. Heinfield

9. Macca driver 2

10. Trulli

11. Kubica

12. Coultard

13. Barrichello

14. R schuey

15. Wurz

16. Rosberg

17. Speed

18. Luizi

19. Davidson

20. Albers

21. Sato

22. Spyker driver 2

Contructors

1. Ferrari

2. Renault

3. McLaren

4. BMW / Redbull (dont know which one)

6. Honda

7.Toyota

8.Williams

9. STR

10. Super Aguri

11. Spyker

Thats my thoughts......

I know I'm new here but can I put in a controversial prediction?

WDC

1 Massa

2 Raikkonen

3 Alonso

4 Fisichella

5 Button

WCC

1 Ferrari

2 McLaren

3 Renault

4 Honda

5 Red Bull

Massa will flourish next season without Schuey. I would love to see Alonso make it three in a row though.

welcome AyrtonNumber1, as a big Kimi fan, I don't agree with above bolded, but everyone has their opinion. You are not alone with this assessment though, ala Cav. I reckon Kimi will trash Massa though....

WDC

1. Kimi

2. Alonso

3. Massa

4. Fisi

5. Kova

6. Button

7. Webber

8. Heinfield

9. Macca driver 2

10. Trulli

11. Kubica

12. Coultard

13. Barrichello

14. R schuey

15. Wurz

16. Rosberg

17. Speed

18. Luizi

19. Davidson

20. Albers

21. Sato

22. Spyker driver 2

Contructors

1. Ferrari

2. Renault

3. McLaren

4. BMW / Redbull (dont know which one)

6. Honda

7.Toyota

8.Williams

9. STR

10. Super Aguri

11. Spyker

Thats my thoughts......

you are predicting that Alonso will be second but Merc will be third and Renault second? but with drivers in 4th and 5th. the only way that will happen is if the second driver for merc is horrible, and from that I'm guessing you're thinking its Pedro or you think Hamilton is another Button.

you are predicting that Alonso will be second but Merc will be third and Renault second? but with drivers in 4th and 5th. the only way that will happen is if the second driver for merc is horrible, and from that I'm guessing you're thinking its Pedro or you think Hamilton is another Button.

i have a feeling that it will be Pedro.

and i dont think that the will come to the party. (i hope iam wrong)

You can see that i put the drivers into groups of five, and i feel that the drivers i placed in that group of five will be relatively close.

Now we know Lewis Hamilton will occupy the 2nd McLaren seat there is no excuss for not getting in your early predictions. :D Come on everyone be brave and tell us what you think will happen in 2007. I happen to know that many regular members have not made their predictions yet. :P

didnt think about it but it would be

Ferrari

Renault

Merc

BMW

Honda

RBR (because or MW bad performance) I think he will have trouble with the team)

Toyota

Williams(a shame for Nico)

STR, Spyker ans Super best friends all wont score points

I cant be assed to post full predictions but this is what Im thinking...

WDC

1. Kimi

2. Jense

3. Alonso

4. Massa

5. Barrichello

6. Hedifeld

7. Kubica

8. Hamilton

WCC

1. Ferrari

2. Honda

3. Mclaren

4. BMW

5. Renault

My Updated Choices...

WDC

1. Kimi

2. Jense

3. Alonso

4. Massa

5. Fisichella

6. Kovalainen

7. Barrichello

8. Hamilton

WCC

1. Ferrari

2. Honda

3. Mclaren

4. Renault

5. BMW

1. Webber

2. Alonso

3. Coulthard

4. Hamilton

5. Heikki

5. Massa

6. Kimi

7. Fifi

8. Trulli

9. Kubica

10. Schumacher

i hope you mean that the farther from 6th you are the less likely you are to win