Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

First Hand News & Betting Tips For 2007

Hi all,

I found out some really interesting stuff recently about the 2006 season past and the upcoming 2007 season from a good mate of my dads.

Who might this be I hear you ask, well someone who guaranteed knows more about the current f1 scene than anyone on this forum, Some of which I cant repeat just yet.

He is Alister Gibson, the Honda chief mechanic (also know as the guy who smacked Jenson Button on the helmet with a lollypop during a chaotic pitstop earlier this season)

In a nutshell, here is some of the stuff I heard from him...

- Honda will be a Very competitive package for 2007 and have a new exhaust system while exits the car alongside the c0ckpit for aerodynamic reasons.

-Ferrari have lost several key members and will not be the team they were.

- Barrichello is the only driver in F1 who brakes & accelerates with his right foot (as oppose to right foot accelerate, left brake). The telemetry has shown he looses several Milli seconds on every braking opportunity.

- Jenson Button uses less traction control than nearly any driver, Barrichello is one of the most dependent drivers on it.

- The Renault has the lightest front end of any f1 making it quick on acceleration but extreamly difficult to drive. This is the reason why it often appears Alonso is fighting the car through corners on onboard shots!

- Toyota paid Mike Gascoigne massive amounts of money to come help out the team as a consultant towards the end of this season despite firing him earlier in the season.

I'll post more of what he said as I remember it.... O yes, eat your heart out Jem anad Ben, I got the official Jenson Button Cap signed by the race winner himself ^_^

Hi all,

I found out some really interesting stuff recently about the 2006 season past and the upcoming 2007 season from a good mate of my dads.

Who might this be I hear you ask, well someone who guaranteed knows more about the current f1 scene than anyone on this forum, Some of which I cant repeat just yet.

He is Alister Gibson, the Honda chief mechanic (also know as the guy who smacked Jenson Button on the helmet with a lollypop during a chaotic pitstop earlier this season)

- Honda will be a Very competitive package for 2007 and have a new exhaust system while exits the car alongside the c0ckpit for aerodynamic reasons.

- Barrichello is the only driver in F1 who brakes & accelerates with his right foot (as oppose to right foot accelerate, left brake). The telemetry has shown he looses several Milli seconds on every braking opportunity.

- Jenson Button uses less traction control than nearly any driver, Barrichello is one of the most dependent drivers on it.

- The Renault has the lightest front end of any f1 making it quick on acceleration but extreamly difficult to drive. This is the reason why it often appears Alonso is fighting the car through corners on onboard shots!

- Toyota paid Mike Gascoigne massive amounts of money to come help out the team as a consultant towards the end of this season despite firing him earlier in the season.

I'll post more of what he said as I remember it.... O yes, eat your heart out Jem anad Ben, I got the official Jenson Button Cap signed by the race winner himself ^_^

Presumably he means 'hopes' to be very competitive in 2007!! :lol:

So what bets will you go for Wez?

This is very interesting news but isnt particually helpful. Honda might create a fast car but it is all reletive. Just because Honda believe they will create a competitive car doesnt mean it will be competitive. Remember 2004 when McLaren believed they would be competitive with Ferrari and look how that turned out.

On another note can you relay a message to Alister Gibson for me. Next time can he please hit Button on the head with something heavier than a lollypop.

Hi all,

HAHAHAHAAHAHA We heard this all b4!!!

You forgot to mention Wez, that Mclaren will be the strongest, fastest and most reliable car in 2007!!! Come on, first hand info :lol::naughty:

On another note can you relay a message to Alister Gibson for me. Next time can he please hit Button on the head with something heavier than a lollypop.

HAHA, sure thing.

HAHAHAHAAHAHA We heard this all b4!!!

You forgot to mention Wez, that Mclaren will be the strongest, fastest and most reliable car in 2007!!! Come on, first hand info :lol::naughty:

You do know that if Honda happen to beat Ferrari in 2007 you are going to look like a muppet :P

O yes, One more thing Alistair said Renault have slashed their budget for 2007, and he doubts they will be contenders, this was one of the main reasons behind Alonso started looking elsewhere!

Whagt's it with people on forums who pretend to have inside knowledge to get attention? I can see why you might be impressed, even if you spoke to him as you say (and you are one of the least reliable members on this forum). Don't expect anyone with a clue to be impressed however.

The most hilarious thing is you pretending that he told you something you cannot reveal :lol:

Nobody in hell knows who will be competitive next serason, otherwise we might as well not bother with the racing. Button already told us anyway, old news. As for the exhaust, I'll believe it when I see it, though

if he is telling a numpty like you it must be common knowledge already and already in an issue of autosport.

They have lost several key members? Wow really? If you did speak to him I wish it had been an informed member of the forum who would have got us some insight, instead of someone who said "So Mr. Gibson can you tell me something I can brag to my friends in the pub about?".

Old news. Though he has tried left foot braking a few times, I remember reading in F1 Racing 2-3 years ago that he was left foot braking and this year - here. He might have gone back to it if you did speak to Gibson. Either way not news for anyone except people with a rather limited understanding of the sport like you.

Everyone knows that (well except you apparently), been discussed on the forum. You should try reading the forum more often, it will lead you out of your ignorance. I shall never forget that you were the person who told me with a straight face that the cars Senna drove in the early 90s did not have driving aids :lmavfa:

You obviously odn't mean in terms of mass - Renault were sticking a lot of ballast in the front till recently - though I can imagine that is possible with Alonso driving style, allowing him to aggressively hurl the casr into every corner.

Again I hav e to doubt you, he was being paid while he was on leave anyhway - since he was still under contract, why would Toyota pay him more - they could call him back to work anytime.

Eat it. If anyone should eat their hat, it's you.

:lol:

The ferrari fanbois will find a new and original way to slag honda off if that happens, just as they have with Alonso

You do know that if Honda happen to beat Ferrari in 2007 you are going to look like a muppet :P

I think thats what he actually sets out to do each time he logs on

The problem with betting tips next season is that literally everything is up in the air. You've got great technicians in mid-field teams (Newey at RBR, Gascoyne at Spyker, I believe it's Willy Ramph at BMW), then you have the top teams who don't need amazingly talented technicians to still have the best cars (Renault, Ferrari, McLaren, Honda), then you have teams who are pushing hard with new alliances (Williams-Toyota, Spyker-Ferrari, Red Bull-Renault, Toro Rosso-Ferrari).

I personally believe teams like Red Bull and BMW will move up alongside the 4 or 5 potential winners of F1 and the smaller teams like Aguiri Honda, Toro Rosso and Spyker will move into the void left by those mid-teams moving forwards. In that sense, with all this shuffling of contracts, new technical heads, better performances from almost everyone, i don't see how any clear victors or potential winners can be made into a probability.

Whagt's it with people on forums who pretend to have inside knowledge to get attention? I can see why you might be impressed, even if you spoke to him as you say (and you are one of the least reliable members on this forum). Don't expect anyone with a clue to be impressed however.

The most hilarious thing is you pretending that he told you something you cannot reveal :lol:

Nobody in hell knows who will be competitive next serason, otherwise we might as well not bother with the racing. Button already told us anyway, old news. As for the exhaust, I'll believe it when I see it, though

if he is telling a numpty like you it must be common knowledge already and already in an issue of autosport.

They have lost several key members? Wow really? If you did speak to him I wish it had been an informed member of the forum who would have got us some insight, instead of someone who said "So Mr. Gibson can you tell me something I can brag to my friends in the pub about?".

Old news. Though he has tried left foot braking a few times, I remember reading in F1 Racing 2-3 years ago that he was left foot braking and this year - here. He might have gone back to it if you did speak to Gibson. Either way not news for anyone except people with a rather limited understanding of the sport like you.

Everyone knows that (well except you apparently), been discussed on the forum. You should try reading the forum more often, it will lead you out of your ignorance. I shall never forget that you were the person who told me with a straight face that the cars Senna drove in the early 90s did not have driving aids :lmavfa:

You obviously odn't mean in terms of mass - Renault were sticking a lot of ballast in the front till recently - though I can imagine that is possible with Alonso driving style, allowing him to aggressively hurl the casr into every corner.

Again I hav e to doubt you, he was being paid while he was on leave anyhway - since he was still under contract, why would Toyota pay him more - they could call him back to work anytime.

Eat it. If anyone should eat their hat, it's you.

I love the way Cav is infatuated with all my posts...

Thanks Cav, i'll take it as a compliment!!! Im not going to respond to any of your comments because its no secret that you know very little about formula 1, and there is not much to learn from all this rubbish written in your posts (infact you are lucky TF1 doesn't have spam detection on posts)...

In closing, as a mate im gonna suggest you go out into the real world and make some friends... You do need them I can see. :rolleyes:

Keep well

Wez

wez can u tell me the secret information please. i wanna know! the ehaust system sounds interesting

wez can u tell me the secret information please. i wanna know! the ehaust system sounds interesting

And can you tell me if Alister Gibson has agreed to hit Button on the head will something heavier than a lollypop. :D

I love the way Cav is infatuated with all my posts...

Thanks Cav, i'll take it as a compliment!!! Im not going to respond to any of your comments because its no secret that you know very little about formula 1, and there is not much to learn from all this rubbish written in your posts (infact you are lucky TF1 doesn't have spam detection on posts)...

In closing, as a mate im gonna suggest you go out into the real world and make some friends... You do need them I can see. :rolleyes:

Keep well

Wez

All i can say to cav is:

owned.jpg

Well its round, made of some kinda steel, about 4-5 inches across... Oh and smoke comes out of it :D

your being nasty about one of the nicest guys in F1, not very nice is it now.

You have to admit though that pit stop incident was kinda funny :lol:

no, ykick is trying to promote assault on my fave f1 driver, that i do not approve of.

Rubens is gonna be a honda member no more after 2007 thankfully!

well apparently they are in negotiations with a certain 19 yr old german! Oh i meant to put 2008 sorry.

no i didnt, 2007 is rubens last honda season

Im not going to respond to any of your comments because its no secret that I know very little about formula 1,

There that about sums things up.

cavallino has all the secrets :D he must, because nobody else knows how a driver running into a tyre at 150 MPH is cheating :D