Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shane2

Your Desktops

Just figured i would add something else to this area, so people can share their desktops. Current wallpaper... Abstract, Current theme: Zune Theme

desktopnovemberej5.th.jpg

Current wallpaper; woman and labrador. Current theme; beastiality.

desktsmall.jpg

Here its on realsize so u can see the icons :) : http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/pkaty/deskt.jpg

See!!! NO NICK ON MY DESKTOP... :mf_tongue: hehehe I know most of u expected that... Ive already tried to put him there but I can't live without this parrot pic... It's been there for almost an year :D

Wow your taskbar looks cramped. I am assuming you run at low res for a reason?

Work computer. (I'll do the home one later)

AM59.jpg

sweet pic mike, excepting the mac taskbar it i awesome.

I run webshots coz otherwise i get bored of looking at the same wallpaper everyday, so webshots changes the display pic every 15 minutes for me.

i prefered the royale noir theme to the zune, check that out as well shane . I however use windows XP theme.

You don't like macintosh, AJ? I'll bet you'd change your mind quickly if you were dealing with high-end graphics every day!

nope i hate their OS, Apple comps look good but nothing else. Graphics are best run on the quad core pcs with a high end graphic card.

nope i hate their OS, Apple comps look good but nothing else. Graphics are best run on the quad core pcs with a high end graphic card.

:lolroll:

I think he was referring to Graphics manipulation not gaming graphics. As it actually goes, OSX is one of the best Operating Systems going for graphics designers. And as it goes, not only are quad core chips not out for sale yet, the same Intel quad core Kentsfield chips will be used in the macs, as will be in normal PC's.

Another interesting point to note is that current market games only gain about 5% from quad core chips, because there are very few SMP aware games availible at the moment. This is going to change soon, however, as games like HL2 are getting SMP engine upgrades.

I personally am a windows user, through and through, OSX does not suit what i do, and i personally do not like it, but you cannot afford to dismiss it

sweet pic mike, excepting the mac taskbar it i awesome.

I run webshots coz otherwise i get bored of looking at the same wallpaper everyday, so webshots changes the display pic every 15 minutes for me.

i prefered the royale noir theme to the zune, check that out as well shane . I however use windows XP theme.

Yeah i had Royale Noir before i installed Zune. i didn't mind it, but i feel it lacked the spit and polish of a final version theme.

It is somewhat frustrating that in the 5 years since XP's release MS have only released 2 new themes, despite the original ones being so cartoony and horrible

Don't take any offense by my rolling laughter smiley, AJ, none was meant. I've been a graphic designer since before computers made it into my workplace (I still recall the heady days of T-squares, amber-lith and x-acto knives). I've worked on both Mac and PC and hold no bais whatsoever between the two. I've found that image processing is more efficient on the Mac (G5) than an equivalently-powered PC. Also, I like the colorsync and out-of-the-box movie editing that comes with the Mac. With the advent of Vista, and with the more PC-like Mac processors, I may abandon both and go to Linux....

Argento, that green car is fantastic! It looks like an updated version of the Lancia! :thbup:

I think he was referring to Graphics manipulation not gaming graphics. As it actually goes, OSX is one of the best Operating Systems going for graphics designers. And as it goes, not only are quad core chips not out for sale yet, the same Intel quad core Kentsfield chips will be used in the macs, as will be in normal PC's.

Another interesting point to note is that current market games only gain about 5% from quad core chips, because there are very few SMP aware games availible at the moment. This is going to change soon, however, as games like HL2 are getting SMP engine upgrades.

I personally am a windows user, through and through, OSX does not suit what i do, and i personally do not like it, but you cannot afford to dismiss it

I was indeed taking about the gaming graphics. So i concede i was wrong about it. But quad core are on, it think alien ware or voodoo one of them have come out with a quad core PC. They are obviously expensive but commercially available.

About the current games were designed for single ore then upgraded to dual and quad has just come out, so you really can't expect them to gain much, but i thought for graphic designers 5% it would be very big. but i was wrong.

another question:- do you know will laptops come with quad core or are they just for pcs??

Sorry for interjecting this right after you question to Shane, but I did say I was going to post my home desktop (yes, I'm a dinosaur with my ancient OS, but it's hard to give up a reliable friend ;) )

Rindt.jpg

Sorry for interjecting this right after you question to Shane, but I did say I was going to post my home desktop (yes, I'm a dinosaur with my ancient OS, but it's hard to give up a reliable friend ;) )

Rindt.jpg

no prob. Nice pic, but i see use a windows at home. probably a NT. and use norton to protect it. Which do u prefer windows xp or mac?

Norton is currently set up to scan only when I manually tell it to. It gets it's fingers in everthing if I let it have free reign...(I've got excellent security, so I rarely need to scan for viruses more than once a month). If you have a better virus killing program, I'm open to suggestions....

I like each OS for different things. Graphics, movies and photos I prefer the Mac. Everything else I like Windows. Windows is a good, all-purpose OS. It can't really do the high-end graphics like my work Mac, but it does a decent job for the web stuff I sometimes do.

All that being said, I feel the pull of open-source.............

Norton is currently set up to scan only when I manually tell it to. It gets it's fingers in everthing if I let it have free reign...(I've got excellent security, so I rarely need to scan for viruses more than once a month). If you have a better virus killing program, I'm open to suggestions....

I like each OS for different things. Graphics, movies and photos I prefer the Mac. Everything else I like Windows. Windows is a good, all-purpose OS. It can't really do the high-end graphics like my work Mac, but it does a decent job for the web stuff I sometimes do.

All that being said, I feel the pull of open-source.............

I personally use AVG free. it allways is the antivirus i can rely on, and recently caught a virus i the setup file for Mcafee(which was distributed free to students). So i allways trust it. Windows One care is also quite good. it is currently pay v1.0 but the beta1.5 is free. Both are good.

Norton as discussed in another thread is supposed to be very bad. Good ole Ben got a virus even thru norton. I dont particularly like norton, coz most ppl use in america and if i wanted to create a virus i would make it bypass norton and mcafee and most computers then could be infected.

Open source's onlly problem is accountabilty . If something goes wrong( as it usually does) then you can't blame anyone or do anything(you will have to wait until some genuis come out with an answer), unlike with ms you can join the club of ppl who hate ms. Ms and novell(linux) have signed a agreement for linux to work in windows(not exactly sure what they are trying to do but ms is paying a lot of money to them)

This is mine...my precious iMac Intel Double Core...!

deskecapdevillehf6.jpg

nice pic isnt it? :lol:

Gorgeous photo Mike!

untitledrf0.png

Thats my laptop one. My one back home 150 miles away is also a JB pic, it is also a sexy iMac too!