Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bajo39

Modifying The Indy GP Circuit...

Indy GP modifications  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like?

• Leave it alone
    • Proposed modifications below
    • Something else

i think the real problem is that the track is not natural enough, i made two different rebuilds

both are more free flowing and if you look carefully you can see some other tracks in them

Your first design is much better than the second but it's not at all challenging...

I like how you use more of the banking but the sequence of turns after the back straight are pointless.

Agree. I think most people are falling into the habit of thinking twisties make a difficult track. I believe that corners where you're fighting the weight-transfer of the car are trickier than a series of 2nd gear corners...

I still like Dan's original long left hander flowing into the tight right.

...but that's just my take on it. ;)

EDIT: OK, here's an idea of what I'd have fun driving on:

IndyMod.jpg

Hope the attachments worked....

My thinks, trying to get a little bit of Mickey Mouse stuff in to bunch up the pack, some long fast into tight and opening/tightening sequences etc. Sorry about the 'Paint' format...

Agree. I think most people are falling into the habit of thinking twisties make a difficult track. I believe that corners where you're fighting the weight-transfer of the car are trickier than a series of 2nd gear corners...

I still like Dan's original long left hander flowing into the tight right.

...but that's just my take on it. ;)

EDIT: OK, here's an idea of what I'd have fun driving on:

IndyMod.jpg

Mike, you want to see the cars fly ala road Atlanta?

Hope the attachments worked....

My thinks, trying to get a little bit of Mickey Mouse stuff in to bunch up the pack, some long fast into tight and opening/tightening sequences etc. Sorry about the 'Paint' format...

Mickey Mouse is right...

Well he's basically turned that first part into the carousel at Mid-Ohio with the road dropping out from under you at the exit and then he's got Road Atlanta turn 11 coming up straight after that - yikes!

well, I was thinking and i came up with these two more designs i think one will look familiar <_<

Not bad, I have my own mod for Indy but I cant post pictures anymore.

Please help guys, see the Feedback and suggestions forum.

HELP MEEEEEEEE!

well, I was thinking and i came up with these two more designs i think one will look familiar <_<

your idea reminded me of a couple of older circuits, i'am not sure if they are still around?

maybe they could tunnel under the oval, that way it wouldnt be so limmited.

Brooklands - UK

Montlhery - France

They say these cars can drive upside-down, so lets bring it on! Hell, they can learn from Webber on what not to do to avoid launching the car!

Seriously, the elevation changes would be slight, but there. Think Zandvoort...

Well he's basically turned that first part into the carousel at Mid-Ohio with the road dropping out from under you at the exit and then he's got Road Atlanta turn 11 coming up straight after that - yikes!

Just the thing to sort the men from the boys. Let's see the pay drivers earn their seats.....

The added length to the straight would absolutely kill the engines, and especially the tyres, using 2 of the banked turns

The added length to the straight would absolutely kill the engines, and especially the tyres, using 2 of the banked turns

I thought Michelin left F1. Also they can change their engine settings for the added 200m.

It would heavily load all tyres, Michelin and Bridgestone.

Its not about that, it would just kill the duty cycle of the engines, about half that circuit would be flat out

Ok heres mine, I rekon its an engine breaker, so Mclaren and Honda should stay at home :snigger:

Ps, I think they could find a better place for the gp, my vote goes to Laguna Seca

Laguna Seca would be much better yes, seeing as it doesn't look like this Indianapolis track will change

It would heavily load all tyres, Michelin and Bridgestone.

Its not about that, it would just kill the duty cycle of the engines, about half that circuit would be flat out

The current circuit is the same really, I just made the infield longer and also the oval a bit longer, but it really isn't that much longer though.

Since when are we complaining about long straights anyway :P

Ok heres mine, I rekon its an engine breaker, so Mclaren and Honda should stay at home :snigger:

Ps, I think they could find a better place for the gp, my vote goes to Laguna Seca

The mercedes engine hasnt been so bad this year, certainly better than the 2005 V10

Something else [ 12 ] [63.16%] = oK.

(= Make it just like old Monza:

one lap - over Oval - and next one - over in-field zone !

Something else [ 12 ] [63.16%] = oK.

(= Make it just like old Monza:

one lap - over Oval - and next one - over in-field zone !

I like it. :thbup:

The biggest problem with the Indy circuit is that it has no flow to it and the low-speed infield section is a bit 'Mickey Mouse' as the '97 World Champion would say. Most of your solutions involve adding more corners to the same space but this would only exascerbate the problem. I don't understand why you would want to make yet another Tilkean circuit when the opportunity exists to make an ultra-highspeed screamer and truly introduce some variety to the calendar. Anyone care to explain?

The biggest problem with the Indy circuit is that it has no flow to it and the low-speed infield section is a bit 'Mickey Mouse' as the '97 World Champion would say. Most of your solutions involve adding more corners to the same space but this would only exascerbate the problem. I don't understand why you would want to make yet another Tilkean circuit when the opportunity exists to make an ultra-highspeed screamer and truly introduce some variety to the calendar. Anyone care to explain?

Apart from Hockenheim i like most of Tilke's circuits, at least overtakes can be made on them, and i feel that is better than turgid tracks like San Marino where the cars just follow each other for 80 minutes

Imola before the changes after Senna's death that was heaps better.

Right, once the safety committee gets a hold of track, you can kiss all the flow and rhythm goodbye! It's happened to nearly all the great tracks and it will continue until there are none left and all we have are these Tilkean cookie-cutter pieces...