Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erichbarto

Bruno Senna Gp2 Test

from the GP2 series website:

Senna shines as rain hits Jerez test

07/11/2006

Bruno Senna has dominated this morning's wet test in Jerez

Bruno Senna has topped a GP2 series test session for the first time this morning, with a dominant display in apallingly wet conditions in Jerez. The Spanish circuit was blanketted in rain all morning, with the downpour only fizzling out with less than half an hour of the session remaining.

Only Arden International's drivers opted to stay in their garages until the rain abated, and with the other 24 out on track the session was interspersed with numerous red flags as a number of drivers found the limit of adhesion in the wet.

Bruno however kept his head and ran to the top time of the morning, almost half a second ahead of Giorgio Pantano. Yesterday's fastest man, Antonio Pizzonia, was third fastest while the ART Grand Prix pairing of Andy Soucek and Lucas di Grassi followed the Brazilian in the standings, with Mike Conway sixth for iSport International.

Dark clouds still loom ominously over the track, but the rain has stopped for the moment. Testing gets back underway again at 14:00 local time and the drivers will be hoping the rain stays away until the end of play.

600_senna%20jerez%20wet_tcm2-9985.jpg

Despite all the legend created around him I really wish him the best. I don't know if he will be the next Ayrton (even if AS seemed to think so) but I am confident that the boy has talent enough to be a worthy addition to F1, when (if) he gets there.

We all noticed Senna first in the wet. Now we are noticing Bruno in the wet.

Coincidence? :eusa_think:

thats what im saying! i just hope he doesnt get too absorbed into the expectations due to his name.

im confident he will do well in F1, and can stand on his OWN driving ability.

thats what im saying! i just hope he doesnt get too absorbed into the expectations due to his name.

im confident he will do well in F1, and can stand on his OWN driving ability.

I think he'll be fine. And quick. And in F1 before too long.

I think he'll be fine. And quick. And in F1 before too long.

I think so too...as long as he plays his cards right and does not get stuck in some middle field team.

I think so too...as long as he plays his cards right and does not get stuck in some middle field team.

Quality shines no matter where it is. Drivers have been noticed for their exceptional driving at the soft-end of the grid. Senna himself was noticed in a Toleman, and to some extent, a Lotus. Webber made great hay from his Minardi results and Jaguar qualifying. Michael Schumacher as well with his Jordan qualifying and his early races with Ferrari. Hill at Arrows. Alonso at Minardi. Nick at Jordan. Fisico at Jordan. I could go on and on....

....I think that if you cannot shine in a midfield team, you probably are a midfield driver.

A good summation. He'll rise to the top if he's good enough. The name will undoubtedly bring pressure of a different kind but, as far as driving is concerned, it's no bar to success. Just look at Jaques and Damon.

Quality shines no matter where it is. Drivers have been noticed for their exceptional driving at the soft-end of the grid. Senna himself was noticed in a Toleman, and to some extent, a Lotus. Webber made great hay from his Minardi results and Jaguar qualifying. Michael Schumacher as well with his Jordan qualifying and his early races with Ferrari. Hill at Arrows. Alonso at Minardi. Nick at Jordan. Fisico at Jordan. I could go on and on....

....I think that if you cannot shine in a midfield team, you probably are a midfield driver.

I agree 100%, my fault my post was not clear enough. The keyword was "stuck". I actually think he should start at some midfield team and work his way up from there. I just don't want to see him stuck forever there. Not because I don't enjoy great talents in midfield teams (wish there could be more footage on middlefield battles with the likes of Webber, Coulthard and, of course, Liuzzi). I just get frustrated when I see a great driver like Webber struggling with his car and watching guys with what I think is less talent than Webbo (chose your favorite driver if you dont like him) driving top cars (Massa, IMO)

A good summation. He'll rise to the top if he's good enough. The name will undoubtedly bring pressure of a different kind but, as far as driving is concerned, it's no bar to success. Just look at Jaques and Damon.

Agreed. Who knows, Bruno may have his uncle's personality and actually thrive on the attention! Certainly going out in the rain, when most others opted to stay in the garages, points to Bruno having a bit of a showman's attitude. That he has the skills to back that up is impressive.

I agree 100%, my fault my post was not clear enough. The keyword was "stuck". I actually think he should start at some midfield team and work his way up from there. I just don't want to see him stuck forever there. Not because I don't enjoy great talents in midfield teams (wish there could be more footage on middlefield battles with the likes of Webber, Coulthard and, of course, Liuzzi). I just get frustrated when I see a great driver like Webber struggling with his car and watching guys with what I think is less talent than Webbo (chose your favorite driver if you dont like him) driving top cars (Massa, IMO)

Ah, I understand you now. Actually, I don't think he'll be 'stuck' in the midfield. He'll likely pull a Webber or Alonso and shine during one season...and be picked up by a larger team the following season.

the most obvious starting team for Bruno will be Toro Rosso, because his late Uncle's good friend, Gerhard Berger is one of the owners, and has already expressed interest in helping the young Senna out.

and don't forget Ron Dennis at McLaren, he will probably be keen to help Senna if he can.

Unfortunately, i fear that Bruno has a lot to live up to, and the Brazilian media are going to put a lot on his Shoulders. Lets just hope the poor guy can take it

Bruno Senna is nowhere near a phenom or a superstar in the making.

He is simply a good young driver but nothing more than that. Okay his uncle said he was very good in karts, but since Ayrton's death the young Bruno (11 yrs old at that time) stopped racing karts.

He came back ten years later in F.BMW....ten years of stop are quite a VERY BIG amount of time for a young racer...he has showed that he is lacking the experience his rivals have since both in F.BMW and F.3 he has been (HUGELY) beaten by his teammates.

I agree he could be good but don't have too many expectations...in his career he will always lack those ten years of no racing at all.

I personally fear most of all that Brazilians look up to him to be the new senna and are going to be hugely disappointed when he isn't the new senna.

We don't. At least I don't. Stupid brazilian media wants to make this with his image and he seems to like it...

Well i know a lot of people still want him to be like that. If he adopts that attitude and falls flat guess thats his loss.

Hi

this is my very first message here ! So be nice with me ok ?

Well, I did deep researches about Bruno Senna. I started to follow his career since his attempts in BMW formula.

My opinion is that he is doing well. He is pretty wise to know that his lack of competition is due to the 10 years stop from practicing races in every order of levels. So he know better than us where are his current limits. He is the first to say that he find problems with tracks he doesnt know, with lack of badness on track and above all with narrow ones. But he is doing well because he is hungry to learn and he is doing fast ! Really fast. Yes in the past F3 British Championship Mike Conway won without problems but we need to read between the lines and look the real signs and not the fake ones. One of the most impressive message I got is that Bruno is really fast on wet ! In the last tests in GP2 formula at Jerez he was the faster and he was a rookie ! Not only: in all the sessions spent between Paul Richard and Jerez, Mike Conway was always behind him and I know for experience that when u compete with same cars on same tracks that none know so well, who will win is the most talented driver and Bruno is despite his lack of experience due to two tragic events: the Ayrton death and the Dad death.

So what I sense is that Bruno is a real pearl. It is not a fake or a freak of nature. He is fast and he is wise ! Two qualities that will lead him really far. Many observers said that in the last GP2 tests the ex formula1 drivers as Pizzonia and Pantano crashed the rookies. False !!! Never as now Bruno is increasing his skill and his results are there like words engraved on tombestones !

He will do great. Believe me !

Luke36 :thbup:

Hi

this is my very first message here ! So be nice with me ok ?

Well, I did deep researches about Bruno Senna. I started to follow his career since his attempts in BMW formula.

My opinion is that he is doing well. He is pretty wise to know that his lack of competition is due to the 10 years stop from practicing races in every order of levels. So he know better than us where are his current limits. He is the first to say that he find problems with tracks he doesnt know, with lack of badness on track and above all with narrow ones. But he is doing well because he is hungry to learn and he is doing fast ! Really fast. Yes in the past F3 British Championship Mike Conway won without problems but we need to read between the lines and look the real signs and not the fake ones. One of the most impressive message I got is that Bruno is really fast on wet ! In the last tests in GP2 formula at Jerez he was the faster and he was a rookie ! Not only: in all the sessions spent between Paul Richard and Jerez, Mike Conway was always behind him and I know for experience that when u compete with same cars on same tracks that none know so well, who will win is the most talented driver and Bruno is despite his lack of experience due to two tragic events: the Ayrton death and the Dad death.

So what I sense is that Bruno is a real pearl. It is not a fake or a freak of nature. He is fast and he is wise ! Two qualities that will lead him really far. Many observers said that in the last GP2 tests the ex formula1 drivers as Pizzonia and Pantano crashed the rookies. False !!! Never as now Bruno is increasing his skill and his results are there like words engraved on tombestones !

He will do great. Believe me !

Luke36 :thbup:

Welcome to the forums Luke26, and a double welcome if your hopes (and mine) become reality!

Welcome Luke!!!! :) Nice to meet u :)

Well I actually hope Bruno can do at least half of what brazilian media is expecting form him, otherwise in some years they may treat him the way they treat poor Rubens now :(

I think rubens was not too bad a driver, he was just unlucky to be in the same team as schumacher

yeah thats what i think. n now media praises felipe as if he had done somwthing wonderful. in fact he was lucky to b on ferrari now that schumi's leaving... thats all.

Hi Katy,

I'm not agree with you. Rubens choose to be in Ferrari and he knew to be the second driver so he knew to have a different treatment by the team. I'm italian and I know well Ferrari Team. Rubens choosing Ferrari choose to be second forever. I'm sorry to say it but he choose the "easy money" than try to choose another top tean to try to express all his talent. All the mates of Michael were just second drivers, obliged to follow the orders and to not scream too much if not satisfied by the clear different materials, teams of mechanins and engeneers and so on. When Iirvine was able to express his talent was because Michael broke his leg so Ferrari poured all its efforts on Eddie and he almost won the Championship.

What I want to say is that Bruno will destroy his talent and career if he will pick up a top team with a real top driver as mate whom will have all the team to his feet. There are few teams like Mclaren that give the same cars to the drivers as it was with Prost and Ayrton. In that case Senna was able to defeat Prost sistematically but if Bruno will be in a top team with a top driver and the team will work for the top driver only and/or will tell to Bruno to slow down to let the top driver to overtake him well in this case Bruno will destroy his career.

If u love Bruno try to go to see what Ii do for him in the italian Forum here. Enjoy :)

Bruno Senna - Race is in my blood

Luke36 :rolleyes:

Hi Katy,

I'm not agree with you. Rubens choose to be in Ferrari and he knew to be the second driver so he knew to have a different treatment by the team.(...)

Luke36 :rolleyes:

I know, it was his choice. But the fact is that media here didn't care about that. He was in Ferrari and that was the best we ever had after Ayrton, so it was like if he NEEDED to win. When people realize he wouldn't be the first driver there, they simply started poking fun at him. Have u seen Michael's brazilian video where he is on a press conference and reporters give him a turtle and say it's name it Rubens?

Same may happen with Felipe if he doesn't prove himself better than Kimi.

I know, it was his choice. But the fact is that media here didn't care about that. He was in Ferrari and that was the best we ever had after Ayrton, so it was like if he NEEDED to win. When people realize he wouldn't be the first driver there, they simply started poking fun at him. Have u seen Michael's brazilian video where he is on a press conference and reporters give him a turtle and say it's name it Rubens?

Same may happen with Felipe if he doesn't prove himself better than Kimi.

They did THAT to good old Rubinho??? :furious: I think he played his part as MS claque with much more self dignity than Massa (considering the circumstances)! And his displays before joining Ferrari were much better than those of Felipe, too.