Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

Who's At Your Dinner Party?

Barred the fact that he was of great heritage and was a fantastic statesman, he was on the list simply because he was extremely witty, sharp minded and made for excellent company.

Napoleon on the other hand was a narsissistic megalomaniac with very poor taste.

If you care to read closer I have Augustus on my short list. Now he was the real McCoy.

Indeed, Octavious was a great leader however Churchill was not. He made terrible mistakes, you know?, costing tens of thousands of lives. If you want a great British leader, look at Nelson. Now he is a man that I would invite to my table!

Yeah I'm not surprised. I must read it sometime myself.

I highly recommend it. Very funny, very ribald and surprisingly amoral.

Edit: Geoffrey Chaucer and Isambard Kingdom Brunel are on my substitutes bench.

I highly recommend it. Very funny, very ribald and surprisingly amoral.

Yes, like most things worth reading imo! Much better than the moralising Jane Austen.

I read in my translation's introduction that Chaucer got into trouble earlier on in his career for Troilus and Criseyde, apparently a very poignant poem. Queen Anne thought it showed women as more faithless than men in matters of love. He was therefore compelled to write the Legend of Good Women but never go round to finishing it. He said later that it encumbered his wits to think of so many good women.

I would invite none of my heroes/people whom I admire. It would be terrible to discover that they are actually c#cks.

So instead I'll have these four people.......

Ernest Hemingway

Dean Martin

Richard Burton

Lord Byron

I'll also lay a place for Jesus, just in case, but I'm expecting an empty seat.

I would invite none of my heroes/people whom I admire. It would be terrible to discover that they are actually c#cks.

So instead I'll have these four people.......

Ernest Hemingway

Dean Martin

Richard Burton

Lord Byron

I'll also lay a place for Jesus, just in case, but I'm expecting an empty seat.

By your logic you should invite Adolf Hitler as you couldnt be supprised when you found out he was evil so you wouldnt be disappointed.

By your logic you should invite Adolf Hitler as you couldnt be supprised when you found out he was evil so you wouldnt be disappointed.

Who wants to talk politics at the dinner table?

And, unlike my guests, Hitler didn't drink. He'd probably want the rest of us gassed when he saw how gassed we were..... :eusa_think:

Jim Jones

David koresh

Tim McViegh

Ted Bundy

John Gotti

:eusa_think:

Jim Jones

David koresh

Tim McViegh

Ted Bundy

John Gotti

:eusa_think:

That would be an interesting meal but I don't think you'd live to tell the story.

Tim McViegh? I could be confused as to who that is, but it sounds similar to my Hitler logic.

Or exhausted his wits...

Yes indeed.

That would be an interesting meal but I don't think you'd live to tell the story.

Sub. Jeff Dahmer for Gotti and you would probably be right............

Tim McViegh? I could be confused as to who that is, but it sounds similar to my Hitler logic.

Oklahoma City.................

would a band count as 1 person if so...

1. Freddie Mercury

2. Girls Aloud (would be funny as **** as they always get drunk like me!)

3. Jenson Button

4. Peter Kay

5. Kate Beckinsale

would a band count as 1 person if so...

1. Freddie Mercury

2. Girls Aloud (would be funny as **** as they always get drunk like me!)

3. Jenson Button

4. Peter Kay

5. Kate Beckinsale

Jenson would pull Beckinsdale and the Girls Aloud... Although maybe you were thinking more about Freddie, eh?

1) Jenson_Rules

2) Pumpdoc

3) devilsinskirts

4) Loser Boy

5) monza gorilla

If you suck up to them anymore they will disappear completely.

Hitler would make interesting company I think.

Especially if you had Albert Einstein at the table as something tells me that they wouldnt get along to well.

If you suck up to them anymore they will disappear completely.

My good man, you can come too! I simply pulled names at random.

My good man, you can come too! I simply pulled names at random.

I was only kidding. I think it would be weird for all of us to meet in the real world.

I was only kidding. I think it would be weird for all of us to meet in the real world.

Yeah, but is it even weirder that even though you have posted pix of yourself, that I still think you look like DC?? In fact I've been watching The Race over here with DC in and I keep thinking there's ykick. Very disturbing.......

I could have the same problem with Mike & Hamilton, if Hamilton drivers next year....... :lol:

Yeah, but is it even weirder that even though you have posted pix of yourself, that I still think you look like DC?? In fact I've been watching The Race over here with DC in and I keep thinking there's ykick. Very disturbing.......

Thats quite funny actually. I wonder how that happened?

I'm changing the rules a bit. I cannot possibly enjoy five persons at one time over dinner. My list includes each person, one-on-one.

Walt Disney - I can do dinner with him, but I'd rather have the whole day.

Jimmy Clark - One day, two karts, and discussion over a bottle of Mediera.

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien - We both smoke the same pipe tobacco, so we'd sit on my porch, pipe smoke clinging about us, and talk mythology.

Alexander the Great - His first-hand accounts of the great nations of the world would entertain me all day.

My father-in-law, Joe Nader - Never got enough time with him before he died. I'd like him to be with me during my 'visits' with the four listed people above. He'd enjoy everything except the pipe smoke :)

My father-in-law, Joe Nader - Never got enough time with him before he died. I'd like him to be with me during my 'visits' with the four listed people above. He'd enjoy everything except the pipe smoke :)

No relation to Ralph Nader? Now he would be an interesting dinner guest...