Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

The English Premier League

Quite simply, In my opinion at least, if you cant score against a Championship team (even if you have rested nearly your entire first team squad for the game) you deserve to loose.

But like I also said, its a joke of a competition that big clubs like Man Utd, Chelski, and the Ars dont take seriously or give a damn about the result, but strangely enough Liverpool fans seem to value it.

For those who dont know much about Football, Man United loosing in the League cup is like Alonso or Raikkonen loosing a Bmx race at a five year olds birthday party.

OT, which ManUtd shirt are you buying when you come crawling to our team? Let me guess, surely Rooney as he is a fellow scouser. Happy days at Old Trafford!

LOL, yeah I recon.

Quite simply, In my opinion at least, if you cant score against a Championship team (even if you have rested nearly your entire first team squad for the game) you deserve to loose.

But like I also said, its a joke of a competition that big clubs like Man Utd, Chelski, and the Ars dont take seriously or give a damn about the result, but strangely enough Liverpool fans seem to value it.

For those who dont know much about Football, Man United loosing in the League cup is like Alonso or Raikkonen loosing a Bmx race at a five year olds birthday party.

:lol::clap3::lol:

When you walk through the storm, hold your head up high...

YNWA, my friends, YNWA. :D

Out of curiosity, how many games do you go to?

I'll answer for both of us, none.

Wez lives in Johannesburg or something, while I live in Sydney. How often do you go to the beach?

Out of curiosity, how many games do you go to?

Despite living in South Africa Ive seen Manchester United once this season and 4 times in total!

I also know for a fact that I watch more live television games per season than anyone in Britain, Every United game of the season has been on Tv so far, in the Uk its no where near that!

I'll answer for both of us, none.

Wez lives in Johannesburg or something, while I live in Sydney. How often do you go to the beach?

About 100 times a year as we have a caravan no more than 100 yards from a beach - in your face, sucker!!! :mf_tongue::lol::mf_tongue:

Despite living in South Africa Ive seen Manchester United once this season and 4 times in total!

I also know for a fact that I watch more live television games per season than anyone in Britain, Every United game of the season has been on Tv so far, in the Uk its no where near that!

Thank you for your reasonable answer, Wez. I was actually just curious - I knew you lived outside of the UK, but I didn't know ctrl300 did.

Which game did you go to ? This season I mean.

About 100 times a year as we have a caravan no more than 100 yards from a beach - in your face, sucker!!! :mf_tongue::lol::mf_tongue:

Thank you for your reasonable answer, Wez. I was actually just curious - I knew you lived outside of the UK, but I didn't know ctrl300 did.

Which game did you go to ? This season I mean.

This season was on Uniteds tour to SA vs Kaizer Chiefs in Pretoria.

The previous ones were all at Old Trafford, against Arsenal, Charlton and Boro.

Infact I saw Arsenal win the league at OT in 2002.... DAMN!!! haha, still a great trip.

Yes, it must be really nice going for long swims in that 20 mm wetsuit :lol:

Aha, my exceptional knowledge of football led you to believe I actually lived on that rainy arshole of an island you call home :mf_tongue:

I am actually from Norway, so across the little pond and you'll see my summerhouse. A bit further and you'll be at my house where the sun always shines, even at winter.

This season was on Uniteds tour to SA vs Kaizer Chiefs in Pretoria.

The previous ones were all at Old Trafford, against Arsenal, Charlton and Boro.

Infact I saw Arsenal win the league at OT in 2002.... DAMN!!! haha, still a great trip.

:lol:

Yes, you still enjoy it, but the journey home can be a bit 'flat', I guess!!

Yes, it must be really nice going for long swims in that 20 mm wetsuit :lol:

Aha, my exceptional knowledge of football led you to believe I actually lived on that rainy arshole of an island you call home :mf_tongue:

I am actually from Norway, so across the little pond and you'll see my summerhouse. A bit further and you'll be at my house where the sun always shines, even at winter.

Never worn a wetsuit in my life - and I've been in Cardigan Bay in April, that was an experience, I can tell you!! :lol: Guess, they just breed us tougher over here!! :mf_tongue:

:lol: Guess, they just breed us tougher over here!! :mf_tongue:

Well I guess after all the raping and pillaging done by my forefathers you must have benefitted from having some of our badass genes in your bloodstream. You where quite the puny breed before we came along you know :D

:lol:

Yes, you still enjoy it, but the journey home can be a bit 'flat', I guess!!

No, the amazing thing about British football fans is that win or loose they all party and get totally sh!t faced after every game... I barely remember getting home that night!

On that note, Ben aka Jenson_rulz if you reading this thread, you would make a great football fan... think about it!!!

If you really dont like the game, become a hooligan and cause fights outside the stadium during the game and join up with the lads afterwards!

Well I guess after all the raping and pillaging done by my forefathers you must have benefitted from having some of our badass genes in your bloodstream. You where quite the puny breed before we came along you know :D

Not in my part of the country !! We wouldn't be descended from you pussies!! :lol:

Back OT.

ManUtd's start to the season is BTW the best in the history of the Preimer League. Kop that.

I'm not going to say anything from now on, I wil let the results speak for themselves. We will trash Sheffiled Utd this weekend. That will make the start even better. 34 points of a possible 39. Catch us if you can.

Back OT.

ManUtd's start to the season is BTW the best in the history of the Preimer League. Kop that.

I'm not going to say anything from now on, I wil let the results speak for themselves. We will trash Sheffiled Utd this weekend. That will make the start even better. 34 points of a possible 39. Catch us if you can.

This is the first reasonable thing you have said since you got here!! :lol:

I concur - you go and enjoy the best start ever to a premier season for manu and I will hope for an improvement in our fortunes. Can't say fairer than that!! :D

The EPL is full of foreign players. Each team contains 10 outsiders & one beer swigging Pommie whose girlfriend lives off his money. No wonder England eat crow at every WC.

Before you run down the Indian football league (India? football?) ,I myself say India is the absolute pits in football.Hopelessville.

Back OT.

dont be so sure, man utd have a bad habit of slipping up against the supposedly 'easy' teams

The English league Is the best to watch In my opinion.

I often watch Spanish and Italian football but the games are constantly ruined by cheating and diving. This totally ruins the flow of a game which Is why their games are too stop start.

It's also creeping Into our league and It should be clamped down on by suspension(and the ref's) It should be a hard contact sport like In the good old days. :boxing:

I'm not as keen on footy as I used to be tho'

The English league Is the best to watch In my opinion.

I often watch Spanish and Italian football but the games are constantly ruined by cheating and diving. This totally ruins the flow of a game which Is why their games are too stop start.

It's also creeping Into our league and It should be clamped down on by suspension(and the ref's) It should be a hard contact sport like In the good old days. :boxing:

I agree, Italian & Portuguese football at both club and international level is a farce with the amount of diving & play acting that takes place.

BTW, Did anyone one watch the England vs Nederlands games last night, surprising quite good performances from two of the biggest under performers of the world cup.

i personally thought both teams played quite badly considering their high standards. Arjen Robben was great for holland, but both teams couldnt seem to keep hold of the ball long or create many good chances. Shame for England to concede a late goal but we did better than I expected considering our recent poor displays. 1-1 against holland is an ok result for any team

i personally thought both teams played quite badly considering their high standards. Arjen Robben was great for holland, but both teams couldnt seem to keep hold of the ball long or create many good chances. Shame for England to concede a late goal but we did better than I expected considering our recent poor displays. 1-1 against holland is an ok result for any team

The Socceroos had a draw with Holland earlier this year and we also had a draw with Croatia during the World Cup. Compare this too England who also had a draw with Holland but lost to Croatia. By my logic i think Australia is the better team :D

In Between dancing and diving to the ground at every opportunity, yes Robben was good!

I think Lampard needs to have his backside kicked out the England team as he's done less than nothin since before the world cup.

Jem who do you support in the Premier League?

The Socceroos had a draw with Holland earlier this year and we also had a draw with Croatia during the World Cup. Compare this too England who also had a draw with Holland but lost to Croatia. By my logic i think Australia is the better team :D

hahahahaha... NO!

good try though.

I think Lampard needs to have his backside kicked out the England team as he's done less than nothin since before the world cup.

Yes, it's all very well being 'man enough' to drop Beckham as a pointed gesture to say I am in charge and nobody's safe, but obviously it's quite another to drop a more 'current' player shall we say.

Lampard is a good player, but if he's not been that impressive for England for a while so somebody else should be given the chance. That should go for all the players - obviously I don't mean drop them after 1 bad display, but if any player is consistently putting in below par performances, then they should be dropped no matter who they are.

hahahahaha... NO!

good try though.

Let me keep my delusion :D

Anyway i see no reason why Australia cant be a Soccer/Football world class team in 10 years time. This sport has become alot more popular recently in Australia and i found out a week ago that from a purely scientific standpoint the Australian Aboriginals are one of the best races in the entire world to play Soccer which is a plus for Australia and a minus for everywhere else in the world.

Anyway i see no reason why Australia cant be a Soccer/Football world class team in 10 years time. This sport has become alot more popular recently in Australia and i found out a week ago that from a purely scientific standpoint the Australian Aboriginals are one of the best races in the entire world to play Soccer which is a plus for Australia and a minus for everywhere else in the world.

:eusa_think: I didn't realise that there was an ideal race for a football player to belong to..... What's it about? Low centre of gravity, or low polar moment of inertia? I'd love to see the article - sounds interesting. Or it could be completely batShiit. Give me a chance to make an informed opinion.

Delude away - at the moment, at this point in time, I wouldn't disagree too much with your assessment, ykick, but the proof of the pudding would be in the eating!! :D

What were the reasons they gave?