Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

The English Premier League

What were the reasons they gave?

Really scientific things like muscle structure, bone density, speed, power etc Apparently they are better than white Europeans. Some races are just better at some sports than other races. Look at 100m sprint which is dominated by African Americans and swimming which is dominated by pasty white blokes.

Apparently the Aboriginal people have a slight advantage when playing soccer. This isnt suprising as our best 400m runner was aboriginal, our best Rugby player ever was aboriginal and this years best Australia Rules Football player was aboriginal. They are just a race which are great at sport.

Really scientific things like muscle structure, bone density, speed, power etc Apparently they are better than white Europeans. Some races are just better at some sports than other races. Look at 100m sprint which is dominated by African Americans and swimming which is dominated by pasty white blokes.

Apparently the Aboriginal people have a slight advantage when playing soccer. This isnt suprising as our best 400m runner was aboriginal, our best Rugby player ever was aboriginal and this years best Australia Rules Football player was aboriginal. They are just a race which are great at sport.

Are there any reknowned aboriginal players playing football?

The only thing about that is that it doesn't really take into account the skill factors of football, for example most of us can learn to throw accurately a lot easier than we can kick a ball accurately, certainly more than 10 yards in my case!! :lol: That's aside from things like knowing when too run into space, where to run, etc.

Are there any reknowned aboriginal players playing football?

As i said earlier the best rugby player we ever had was aboriginal and the player awarded best and fairest in Australian rules football was also aboriginal. They are very good at all major football based sports in Australia but havent really gone into Soccer because it hasnt been particulary popular in Australia but since the world cup that has changed alot and i hope to see more Aboriginals in the sport in the future.

maybe they should be disqualified from all sports then, cos it would be unfair otherwise!

Wez i dont really 'support' any team but i like to see man utd win, cos arsenal are all foreigners and chelsea have bought their trophies. Plus it was watching man utd in 1999 that got me into football. I've been to old trafford once to see them play and it was incredible!

Just like the way there is something called "Razzies" for the worst movies/acting ,just like the way Ignobel awards "honor" stupid inventions/discoveries , shouldn't there be an award for the best diver? I nominate Cristano Ronaldo,Didier Drogba.

As i said earlier the best rugby player we ever had was aboriginal and the player awarded best and fairest in Australian rules football was also aboriginal. They are very good at all major football based sports in Australia but havent really gone intoSoccer because it hasnt been particulary popular in Australia but since the world cup that has changed alot.

Sorry, I meant football as in our football, your soccer.

Sorry, I meant football as in our football, your soccer.

At the moment i only know of 1 aboriginal in professional football at the moment. His name is David Williams and he is around 18 years old i think. From what ive heard he is a very good attacking stricker and he has a real good chance of playing for the Socceroos in afew years time.

after seeing the way he is playing for my club this season its hard not to marvel at his skill... I honestly think he will be one of the best if not the best footballers in the world shortly!

Fair enough, but its the same as my hate for schumacher... once i see someone cheat or act unsportingly they get a permanent black mark in my book

:eusa_think: I didn't realise that there was an ideal race for a football player to belong to..... What's it about? Low centre of gravity, or low polar moment of inertia? I'd love to see the article - sounds interesting. Or it could be completely batShiit. Give me a chance to make an informed opinion.

:lol:

Fair enough, but its the same as my hate for schumacher... once i see someone cheat or act unsportingly they get a permanent black mark in my book

Except if they are called Senna or Alonso of course.

:eusa_think: I didn't realise that there was an ideal race for a football player to belong to..... What's it about? Low centre of gravity, or low polar moment of inertia? I'd love to see the article - sounds interesting. Or it could be completely batShiit. Give me a chance to make an informed opinion.

Unforunatly i heard it on TV afew weeks ago so there isnt a article. But it is true that many races are better than others at certain sports.

Swimming - White Europeans

Sprint Running - African Americans

Long Distant running - Ethiopia

Diving - Asian

Gymnastics - Asian (not 100% sure)

Some races are just naturally suited to some sports.

Applies to some sports I think, which consist more of a similar repititive motion. There are only so many ways you can run or swim.

Not to a team sport, with different skillsets like cricket and football, where people with different body types succeed in different, or amazingly the same ways, same positions.

What i do know is that less than 3% of our population is aboriginal and yet there are alot more than 3% of them in professional Australian sports.

Applies to some sports I think, which consist more of a similar repititive motion. There are only so many ways you can run or swim.

Not to a team sport, with different skillsets like cricket and football, where people with different body types succeed in different, or amazingly the same ways, same positions.

Yeah, Cav is right, ykick, if I take an example I know about - Jan Molby, not an athlete by any description when he played in the centre of the park for Liverpool. He was, shall we say, a tad generous around the waist, but his 'football brain' and the ability to get his feet to do what his brain wanted made him highly effective.

Yeah, Cav is right, ykick, if I take an example I know about - Jan Molby, not an athlete by any description when he played in the centre of the park for Liverpool. He was, shall we say, a tad generous around the waist, but his 'football brain' and the ability to get his feet to do what his brain wanted made him highly effective.

Im note disputing that talent will beat race every single time but what i am saying is that if you have 2 people (Aboriginal and European Australian) with identical skill level the Aboriginal will be the slightly better player by a small margin due to his race. Obviously skill is more important however and just because you are a European doesnt mean you are any good at swimming and just because your a African American doesnt mean your good at running but if you have the natural skill then you will have a advantage over other competitors.

Yes, it's all very well being 'man enough' to drop Beckham as a pointed gesture to say I am in charge and nobody's safe, but obviously it's quite another to drop a more 'current' player shall we say.

Lampard is a good player, but if he's not been that impressive for England for a while so somebody else should be given the chance. That should go for all the players - obviously I don't mean drop them after 1 bad display, but if any player is consistently putting in below par performances, then they should be dropped no matter who they are.

Yeah I agree...

The team in my opinion should be:

Robinson

G.Neville Ferdinand Terry A.Cole

Lennon Gerrard Hargreaves J.Cole

Rooney

Crouch

that would be a good team wez but I still think Beckham should be on the right. He may not have the pace of Lennon but since he's gone we havent often had those brilliant crosses that create so many goals

Im note disputing that talent will beat race every single time but what i am saying is that if you have 2 people (Aboriginal and European Australian) with identical skill level the Aboriginal will be the slightly better player by a small margin due to his race. Obviously skill is more important however and just because you are a European doesnt mean you are any good at swimming and just because your a African American doesnt mean your good at running but if you have the natural skill then you will have a advantage over other competitors.

Not exactly, it's more a statistical matter, if you take 100 random people of african origin (actually that is a big group, sub saharan maybe?) and 100 random people of european origin, and make them run long distance, the Africans will do better overall.

Something like that I hope you get what I mean :wacko:

The point me and pabloh are making about football is it is such a varied game with a varied skillset that people with all kinds of physique can compete. You should see the difference in physique and height in an average football team when they line up at the start of a game, compare that to say a 4x100 relay team, you'll get what I mean.

Football is also the ideal blend of team play and individual brilliance - a player can sometimes anchor the team, but a team can also be less than the sum of its parts.

I can rave on endlessly about football if you want me to :D

Yeah I agree...

The team in my opinion should be:

Robinson

G.Neville Ferdinand Terry A.Cole

Lennon Gerrard Hargreaves J.Cole

Rooney

Crouch

Pfft.

(GK) Robinson

G. Neville, R. Ferdinand, J. Terry, A. Cole.

Gerrard, Carrick, Scholes, J. Cole

Johnson, Rooney

[quote name='Ctrl300' post='156638' date='Nov 17 2006, 01:05 PM']Pfft.

(GK) Robinson
Johnson, Rooney[/quote]
Johnson was pants the other day. I'd pick Crouch, he scores and creates a lot of goals for england.

Pfft.

(GK) Robinson

Johnson, Rooney

Hargreaves will be a United Player shortly, Which is great news cos he is a cracking player and although in the same position, has a completely different style of play to Carrick.

I do rate Carrick despite the harsh criticism he receives from the English press, I think he is the kind of player that doesn't really get recognition for his cracking passes, ball retention and all round good performances because of his position as a defensive mid.

Yeah, England could do with Scholsey... He has been superb all season for United.

Hargreaves will be a United Player shortly, Which is great news cos he is a cracking player and although in the same position, has a completely different style of play to Carrick.

I do rate Carrick despite the harsh criticism he receives from the English press, I think he is the kind of player that doesn't really get recognition for his cracking passes, ball retention and all round good performances because of his position as a defensive mid.

Yeah, England could do with Scholsey... He has been superb all season for United.

People whom criticise Carrick really have no idea about what they are talking about.

1) He hardly ever gives tha ball away

2) He is quiet and don't go out and brag and whatever to the media, which make many question him for no apparent reason.

3) ManUtd has lost how many gams this season with him on the park?

4) Why would Ferguson buy him if he was that poor? Look at where Tottenham is now compared to last year when he was there.

5) Take a look at the breakthrough passes and build up's he has created and you'll realise how good he really is.

ManUtd has done a coup, and everyone knows it.

People whom criticise Carrick really have no idea about what they are talking about.

1) He hardly ever gives tha ball away

2) He is quiet and don't go out and brag and whatever to the media, which make many question him for no apparent reason.

3) ManUtd has lost how many gams this season with him on the park?

4) Why would Ferguson buy him if he was that poor? Look at where Tottenham is now compared to last year when he was there.

5) Take a look at the breakthrough passes and build up's he has created and you'll realise how good he really is.

ManUtd has done a coup, and everyone knows it.

I've not seen any criticism of Carrick in the press over here, to be honest, nor should he get any as far as I can see.