Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Why Was The Indian Team Topic Locked

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the topic have been locked?

• No
    • Yes
    • Can't Say / Don't Care

I voted yes, the topic should have been closed. We already have a perfectly good Indian-bashing thread going on with 'Williams Retain Karthikeyan'.

To be honest who actually gives a Sh#t about Karthikeyan or india in general. Karthikeyan is a very poor driver, india is a very poor nation and a GP there right now would be silly, the country needs time to develop further imo. Maybe the idea can be revisited in 5 years time!

To be honest who actually gives a Sh#t about Karthikeyan or india in general. Karthikeyan is a very poor driver, india is a very poor nation and a GP there right now would be silly, the country needs time to develop further imo. Maybe the idea can be revisited in 5 years time!

Ben don't convert this topic into the one that was just locked not a very good idea. :nono1:

Pumpdoc i think you did right by shutting the topic and it wasn't going in the correct direction at all. Good job.

I do like to converse with the Indian members, they are all so irresistable charming. If one should however - god forbid - utter a word that goes against their utterly scewed view of the world, a view which the civilised world got rid of in the 1800's, its hell to pay. Regardless, they make for a very humouristic addition to the forum, and they always make me laugh. So, I voted no, the thread, or any thread where India is the topic for that matter should remain open for as long as there is any interest for it.

Nice try :rolleyes: Get the thread reopened instead of trying to get a rise then we'll talk, I want to have your stupid posts to refer back to.

See this is what I mean..................you are making me lose what little hair I have left

so did you ban him :unsure:

Thank you. Next time we need advice from an alcoholic teenager, we'll ask.

Nice try :rolleyes: Get the thread reopened instead of trying to get a rise then we'll talk, I want to have your stupid posts to refer back to.

Such a small and pitifull man you are. How do you manage to get out of bed in the morning when that chip on your shoulder weigh you down?

No need to ban him as he is not consistant with his bad manners, unlike you.

Alcoholic? Teenager? Having a few beers now and again is part of our culture. If you don't like it, thats fine, but accusing him of something he is not is utterly dispicable.

Such a small and pitifull man you are. How do you manage to get out of bed in the morning when that chip on your shoulder weigh you down?

Wrong thread, trust me I find you highly entertaining, but not in this thread.

No need to ban him as he is not consistant with his bad manners, unlike you.
:lol: irony
Alcoholic? Teenager? Having a few beers now and again is part of our culture. If you don't like it, thats fine, but accusing him of something he is not is utterly dispicable.

You don't know half of it. I know the difference between a few beers and that quite well thank you, why do you think a 'few beers' is exlusive to your culture - oh and let me know what you mean by your culture, while you're at it.

I feel utterly disgusted with things that are said in this thread, the indian curry jokes is definately not funny!!! India deserves a Grand Prix just as much as we do.....and ben, you really dissappointted me!!

You don't know half of it. I know the difference between a few beers and that quite well thank you, why do you think a 'few beers' is exlusive to your culture - oh and let me know what you mean by your culture, while you're at it.

On what basis do you call Ben an alcoholic?

The Western culture is very diferent from the meltinpot of multiple cultures that exist in India. Some of you can't drink nor smoke in front of an elderly family member. Fruthermore, you don't use toiletpaper, have a caste system, can't make a film without it including dancing, singing and a pathetic romance, highly different cusine, you have no grasp of sustainability, 200 pluss languages, you have a differenc perception of time, you often agree by shaking your heads in a manner that will be considered as a no in any western society, need I go on?

I voted yes, the topic should have been closed. We already have a perfectly good Indian-bashing thread going on with 'Williams Retain Karthikeyan'.

Indeed :clap3:

Well I've only been here a couple of days but whats with all the abuse you chuck at each other? Dont you get enough of that at home?Taking the p**s out of a country because its different is just plain stupid and it makes the people who do it look stupid. dont think i'm going to stay round here too long.

Well I've only been here a couple of days but whats with all the abuse you chuck at each other? Dont you get enough of that at home?Taking the p**s out of a country because its different is just plain stupid and it makes the people who do it look stupid. dont think i'm going to stay round here too long.

I don't blame you......

hey, we can also be the biggest bunch of friends on the planet, talking about our most fav sport, stay a bit...

On what basis do you call Ben an alcoholic?

The Western culture is very diferent from the meltinpot of multiple cultures that exist in India. Some of you can't drink nor smoke in front of an elderly family member. Fruthermore, you don't use toiletpaper, have a caste system, can't make a film without it including dancing, singing and a pathetic romance, highly different cusine, you have no grasp of sustainability, 200 pluss languages, you have a differenc perception of time, you often agree by shaking your heads in a manner that will be considered as a no in any western society, need I go on?

You are wrong on every single point - that is quite an achievement. Just shows where prejudice and ignorance and sheer idiocy will get you..

I shut it down because there was so much bull$hit in it that it was becoming a p**sing match, just like every thread pertaining to India and it's driver............arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mf_tongue:

Actually there was a very healthy discussion going on which had come to an interesting point of it working out to 12,500 bucks a ticket - a number which I have great exception to. I don't know who did the maths, but it was a pretty p**s poor job. I think the number was arrived at dividing the total cost by the number of grandstand seats, if I read correctly.

First of all, very few of these projects are actually carried out with one company bearing all the risk

Secondly, there is no rule that the circuit has to make money day 1, year 1.

Secondly, revenue does not mean only ticket revenue, it means advertising revenue, leasing of propery revenue, property development, branding, tourism (destination) driven revenue and a host of other avenues.

Thirdly, co branding and co sponsoring would take care of further revenues. Bottom line 12,500 is an absurd, overinflated number.

Agreed that even after working out the actual ticket costs, it would still be high, perhaps in line with what Cav paid AUD100, which is by no means a great figure. People pay larger amounts to get in to a cricket matches, and corporate sponsors would buy boxes by the dozen.

Nobody ever suggested or suggests that average Mr. Joe working on a construction site would afford watching an F1 race, simply because he could care a flying **** about watching such a race. I am sure GP's in other countries are not affordable by all.

And as to whether the money could be used more profitably and how it could be used, I have more confidence in the Govt. than some half baked uneducated armchair (non) economists

Some valid points there. As for the ticket cost to the average punter, how much are tickets to, say, a Test match? I ask that because

In all honesty, the thread and the discussion were a good idea. The key word here is discussion. Unfortunately, what happened was that a discussion that was to be about and Indian GP did not remain a discussion.

Let me point out something. The opening stance adopted itself was that it was doomed to be an utter failure. This in itself does not lend itself to any sort of discussion. This was a statement intended as a final statement from an individual who believes what he says is the truth and is the gospel, in his view and which in reality cannot be further removed from.

Any logical thought would prove that this absolute stance is at the very best a foolish one.

And then you have half baked and uninformed individuals who do not know anything about India trying to pose as experts on the country's development program and economics. This is another major irritation. I am sure that the UK has its share of poor and homeless population living of social security. If I were to say that the Silverstone GP should be cancelled to look after them would you not think that as foolish ??

Or is it just that you have so much money that you believe killing innocent women and children in Iraq, and killing your own people over there is a better way to spend it ? At least we would not spend money on waging a useless war against a country thousands of miles away, and killing children, women and bombing hospitals in some crappy 'Shock and Awe' campaign. I believe that building an F1 circuit would provide a boost to the local economy and better the lives of many more than could be bettered through some stupid poverty eradication programmes.

And yet, people have the gall to tell us how to spend our money ? Does it not reek of double standards? Does it not reek of ignorance ?

To top it all, if certain foul mouthed uncivil scum need to back up stupid arguments above with extremely foul, filthy language and personal attacks, how in Gods name does a thread stay sane.

As I mentioned in my PM to PD, it would be much easier to control the actions of individuals as a way to keeping threads fun, clean and filled with hot arguments, rather than to simply close a topic, rather like cutting off your nose to spite your face. The reason the thread degenerated was simple - it was lack of Control on language and thoughts by individuals which lead to retaliation and foul language which only seemed to overshadow the topic.

Btw if your above post was a joke, it was not a very good one :)

Some valid points there. As for the ticket cost to the average punter, how much are tickets to, say, a Test match? I ask that because

Thanks for that. I can now agree that 12500Rs sounds ridiculous! I'm also a little jealous of some of the prices you indicated! :D

Thanks for that. I can now agree that 12500Rs sounds ridiculous! I'm also a little jealous of some of the prices you indicated! :D

Drop in here sometime and experience Indian hospitality, seriously.

Price of grilled lobster and fish, calamari and prawn salad and chilled beers on an almost deserted beach - 40 pounds

Getting away from work, spending time with the missus and kid, and don't forget managing to avoid certain people on the forum - priceless

Go get it !

i didnt get any mails. guess i am not banned yet ! :D anyways i have not been as bad as others, every country has its own problem its none of others' business to pin point, i am not a kind of guy who keeps pointing out each and everyones mistake unless they provoke me. i encourage anyone if they come up with anything that is good irrespective of their background, dont care if they have anyother problem. first of all the brits are boasting as if their own grandprix is secure for the next one decate. :mf_tongue: now dat a new country is coming up to host a grandprix why the **** cant others just encourage or just shut up?

cav! who needs a sick man's advice? he is ranting about a driver like as if the driver he supports is on top of the sport despite such awsome support!

and did anyone say he is loosing hair? get a wig :thbup:

Some Caucasians have derided India for nursing F1 G.P & F1 team ambitions. To be fair to them ,I don't blame them at all. After all,if it was announced that Bangladesh or such like country nursed the same ambitions, we Indians would definitely have derided & sneered at such countries. It's a matter of perspective. Plus ,when they say India should concentrate on feeding the poor than nursing F1 ambitions,they may perhaps be saying in a concerned way,not in a condescending/snide way.

I must clarify that only once have I found "racism" . That was in the F1 coverage in India. Actually it can't be dubbed racism. It's simply a fact that we all have a tendency to look down upon countries with lower standards than us.

I hope that I am not taken as a guy trying to curry(what a pun!) favors with Caucasians.

Another point is that perhaps ,in today's world , a Caucasian's criticisms aren't taken to kindly.

How does this have relevance to the topic on hand? Well, the root cause that caused the "Indian F1 team" thread to a slanging match has been identified. Hopefully.

Oh,yes. I made a mistake. I should have put my posts about the ticket prices in the Indian GP thread. But both the threads seemed so similar that I ended up making a faux pas.

1 Some Caucasians have derided India for nursing F1 G.P & F1 team ambitions. To be fair to them ,I don't blame them at all. After all,if it was announced that Bangladesh or such like country nursed the same ambitions, we Indians would definitely have derided & sneered at such countries. It's a matter of perspective. 2 Plus ,when they say India should concentrate on feeding the poor than nursing F1 ambitions,they may perhaps be saying in a concerned way,not in a condescending/snide way.

I must clarify that only once have I found "racism" . That was in the F1 coverage in India. Actually it can't be dubbed racism. It's simply a fact that we all have a tendency to look down upon countries with lower standards than us.

3 I hope that I am not taken as a guy trying to curry(what a pun!) favors with Caucasians.

4 Another point is that perhaps ,in today's world , a Caucasian's criticisms aren't taken to kindly.

How does this have relevance to the topic on hand? Well, the root cause that caused the "Indian F1 team" thread to a slanging match has been identified. Hopefully.

Oh,yes. I made a mistake. I should have put my posts about the ticket prices in the Indian GP thread. But both the threads seemed so similar that I ended up making a faux pas.

Oh, misguided soul !

1. I don't see anyone sneering when Bangladesh play cricket, India have been trying to encourage cricket in Bangladesh. The more competitors, the keener the sport.

2. Are you on drugs or what? If you are told that your people are rats living in filth, please point out where the concern is

3. Ask yourself honestly

4. They don't realise that the world order is changing and their criticism is not needed. Wake up!!! They need to be criticised for their actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, not ratifying the Kyoto Protocol, unfair trade practices. Poor people exist in every country across the globe, it's a fact of life. America / UK and their allies need to look inwards at their problems and where they are spending their money (Finding WMD for example) instead of pointing out where we should spend ours

Sheesh !

Get a life

So you're saying that we should allow nations that back terrorists to have nuclear weapons?

So you're saying that we should allow nations that back terrorists to have nuclear weapons?

Eureka, call the Pentagon ! Call the NSA, call the marines, someone has finally found nuclear weapons in Afghanistan and Iraq !

Hurrah !!! Congressional medal of honor please, and while you're at it, blow the arms and legs off some more kids, rape some more women and kill her relatives ! Hurrah !!!!!

Eureka, call the Pentagon ! Call the NSA, call the marines, someone has finally found nuclear weapons in Afghanistan and Iraq !

Hurrah !!! Congressional medal of honor please, and while you're at it, blow the arms and legs off some more kids, rape some more women and kill her relatives ! Hurrah !!!!!

Go have a banana monkey man.