Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Why Was The Indian Team Topic Locked

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the topic have been locked?

• No
    • Yes
    • Can't Say / Don't Care

I was actually banned for retaliating to someone in the same terms that I was abused first, and the other person wasn't banned :what:
Isn't that a typical occurence on this forum
Yeah, do you have any idea what you are talking about? Why weren't you banned, who have you bought off?

I thought there was something VERY fishy about Wez's statement

No they are both mods, ecap is less active.

Are there any criteria for selecting a moderator ? like objectivity, fairness etc.?

Are there any criteria for selecting a moderator ? like objectivity, fairness etc.?

Well pumpdoc is a moderator and words like objectivity and fairness dont spring to mind when i think of pumpdoc.

I think the pumpmeister is very objective and fair. And I am so pleased this forum doesn't have any Indian mods as we will ALL be banned by now judging by what they find acceptable and whats not. Its quite funny really.

I think the pumpmeister is very objective and fair. And I am so pleased this forum doesn't have any Indian mods as we will ALL be banned by now judging by what they find acceptable and whats not. Its quite funny really.

Dude whats up with your new sig?

It reminds me of a joke. This babe breaks up with a shrink . Why? 'Cos whenever she was early for a date,she was "insecure". When on time "perfectionist freak" . When late "taking others for granted".

^^The best post in this thread.^^

Yeah,given that you have a good sense of humo(u)r,parade it in full glory. I think Dribbler & MurrayWalker are the guys with a good command over the language as well as a sense of humo(u)r.

^^The second best post in this thread. ;) ^^

It's ok, don't worry about offending the Americans - they can't spell properly anyway, so they'd never know!! :lol:

Indeed.

On topic I've already said I don't think the thread should have been closed but I really wish the Indians would be more relaxed. When pabloh and I insult all of America we don't get the same type of response, and we all know how patriotic the yanks are. I don't think there are any racists on here and can we not just accept that and move on.

Isn't that a typical occurence on this forum

Yes :(

Well pumpdoc is a moderator and words like objectivity and fairness dont spring to mind when i think of pumpdoc.

Well I must confess I was the first to suggest that pumpdoc and ecap be made mods. Big mistake.

Its quite funny really.
Your sig? No, it's too big. Make it smaller, if it was some other member they'd have been told to. It is bigger than the forum limit.
Dude whats up with your new sig?

It's too big.

Your sig? No, it's too big. Make it smaller, if it was some other member they'd have been told to.

I was about to mention the size of the ghastly thing and offer to downsize it, but he took care of it quickly......however I'm not anyone of authority (and we can all be glad of that!) on this forum.

Bruce does a good job by banning people who get volcano-like angry and start abusing another person. Insults it seems he lets slide because he, possibly, thinks we all are mature enough to take those. When extreme anger starts to get into posts, and gets directed at someone, then a ban comes to 'cool off' for a while. I'm American, like Bruce, so perhaps I understand his methods better than most. He allows free-speech until he sees it getting ugly then he steps in to stop it. Considering his age and life experiences, I trust him to judge rightly the emotions behind most posts.

A long-winded way to say, Pump does a good job.

On topic I've already said I don't think the thread should have been closed but I really wish the Indians would be more relaxed. When pabloh and I insult all of America we don't get the same type of response, and we all know how patriotic the yanks are. I don't think there are any racists on here and can we not just accept that and move on.

Well, I guess the thing is to maybe judge the 'audience' as it were? Maybe that's the problem sometimes - different cultures, different humour, etc. I also think that some nationalities 'get' other nationalities a bit easier as it were and some just don't - just a thought.

I don't actually think I'm insulting Americans, because I don't actually believe in what I'm saying, just making a joke of stereotypes, normally and I try to make sure that people know it's a joke. However, I wouldn't do it if I thought I was going to upset somebody, so if I ever have, I apologise.

I think there is also a difference when you first start posting on here, I think the problem can be 2 fold - when you first start posting you are probably a little bit more zealous than when you have been here a while and also other people don't know what to make of you either. I was certainly guilty of the former.

Regarding race issues - well, I have to apologise again because I am probably a little too sensitive to what I perceive to be racism and I stick my oar in when there's no need to sometimes, something I try not to do now. It has to do with my youth, I think. Throughout my senior years in school, there were 5 of us who were friends and still are. We were all British, but some of our ancestry differed - 1 lad's parents were from China, 1 from Japan and 1 whose grand parents were from Jamaica. Let's just say there were very few of any of those types of heritage in the school, well in fact for a while there was only 1 of a particular heritage. Now, I am not saying they had a rough time in school or anything, no worse than anybody else, but there would be odd occasions......

Personally, I think Bruce does a good job - there are always going to be people who are upset with the way the board is run, no matter what. If I am being honest, we cannot blame the mods for what goes on here, generally. Are we not adults or something? We need to be responsible for our own actions. I have long been a believer of treating people the way you want to be treated. I am not saying there won't be incidents when people post something way out of proportion to a previous post, or to the thread in general, but quite a lot of the time it's deliberate antagonising of other posters.

We've drifted off topic again, all that is clear is locking that thread was utterly pointless.

As for the topic on hand, I can't provide the information to make my case, so believe what you want to :what: You'll find out when it's you in the dock..

We've drifted off topic again, all that is clear is locking that thread was utterly pointless.

As for the topic on hand, I can't provide the information to make my case, so believe what you want to :what: You'll find out when it's you in the dock..

Exsqueezeme! I think you'll find my sole vocation in totalf1 forum life is to take threads off topic and I'll thank you to have a bit more respect for my abilitites!! :lol:

actually we are more relaxed, but there are some jerks here who keep repeating the same point(accusations) over and over again! which provokes us or anyone else for that matter to react. :rolleyes:

otherwise we are (mostly) cool :lol:

Its because im not a C*** and more than 2 people on this forum give a damn about what I have to say unlike yourself... Carry on though, You amuse me!

:lol: couldn't have put it better myself

I am perfectly capable of maintaining civility with anyone if I want to. Someone people lost that privilege a while ago entirely due to their own doings, many of them happen to have posted in this thread..

The only people you get on with are other ferrari fans, because of your warped, pathetic views on the other drivers.

Well, I guess the thing is to maybe judge the 'audience' as it were? Maybe that's the problem sometimes - different cultures, different humour, etc. I also think that some nationalities 'get' other nationalities a bit easier as it were and some just don't - just a thought.

I don't actually think I'm insulting Americans, because I don't actually believe in what I'm saying, just making a joke of stereotypes, normally and I try to make sure that people know it's a joke. However, I wouldn't do it if I thought I was going to upset somebody, so if I ever have, I apologise.

I think there is also a difference when you first start posting on here, I think the problem can be 2 fold - when you first start posting you are probably a little bit more zealous than when you have been here a while and also other people don't know what to make of you either. I was certainly guilty of the former.

Regarding race issues - well, I have to apologise again because I am probably a little too sensitive to what I perceive to be racism and I stick my oar in when there's no need to sometimes, something I try not to do now. It has to do with my youth, I think. Throughout my senior years in school, there were 5 of us who were friends and still are. We were all British, but some of our ancestry differed - 1 lad's parents were from China, 1 from Japan and 1 whose grand parents were from Jamaica. Let's just say there were very few of any of those types of heritage in the school, well in fact for a while there was only 1 of a particular heritage. Now, I am not saying they had a rough time in school or anything, no worse than anybody else, but there would be odd occasions......

Personally, I think Bruce does a good job - there are always going to be people who are upset with the way the board is run, no matter what. If I am being honest, we cannot blame the mods for what goes on here, generally. Are we not adults or something? We need to be responsible for our own actions. I have long been a believer of treating people the way you want to be treated. I am not saying there won't be incidents when people post something way out of proportion to a previous post, or to the thread in general, but quite a lot of the time it's deliberate antagonising of other posters.

:worshippy: The best, most centered post I've read so far.

Nothing to add to it. Bravo, Paul! :D

:worshippy: The best, most centered post I've read so far.

Nothing to add to it. Bravo, Paul! :D

good post paul

ps- good way to go off topic as well. nice.

Cheers, Steve and AJ !! :lol:

I know - I'm really starting to get conscious about that now! :D

QO's name isn't steve :P Pabloh just made that same mistake.

i didn't know quiet one's name is steve i thought that was drib's name. maybe we have 2 steve's in the bar.

:lol: No, actually my name is Andres...it was a confusion from Paul's. You can call me Steve, though, but don't expect me to answer :P

[offtopic]Why is your sig image broken[/offtopic]

[offtopic]Why is your sig image broken[/offtopic]

Good question...sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't.

SHould change it, anyways.

Good question...sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't.

SHould change it, anyways.

I apologise profusely again, Andres - I was tired, that's my only excuse!! :lol:

I apologise profusely again, Andres - I was tired, that's my only excuse!! :lol:

^_^ No need to apologize...It's not offensive being called Steve instead of Andres, after all!

...or is it? :eusa_think:

:lol:

^_^ No need to apologize...It's not offensive being called Steve instead of Andres, after all!

...or is it? :eusa_think:

:lol:

Well, I suppose it can be if it's not your name!! :lol: