Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Sato's Earnings

$7.7m Sato one of F1's highest earners - 22 November 2006

Despite racing near the very back of the Formula One grid, Japanese driver Takuma Sato is reportedly among the sport's highest earners.

Following the revelation that his 2007 Super Aguri teammate Anthony Davidson will earn about $250,000 next year, the Spanish newspaper 'Marca' contends that Sato's annual salary - including sponsorship endorsements - is around the (US)$7.7m mark.

Estimates earlier in 2006 said back to back world champion Fernando Alonso would make $7.2 million in 2006, although his salary at McLaren next year is to be reportedly higher.

If the Sato calculation is accurate, meanwhile, it would mean that the 29-year-old is also more annually lucrative than names including David Coulthard, Mark Webber, Jenson Button and Giancarlo Fisichella.

At a guess I'd say that most of it is from sponsorship deals back in Japan.

:blink::blink::wacko:

Either SA are stupid, or TS is extremely clever.

At a guess I'd say that most of it is from sponsorship deals back in Japan.

Indeed! This is even the case with sportsman like David Beckham.

I would expect he gets at least 80% of that in sponsorship, i remember reading drivers salaries and he was in the 1 million pounds range.

Yep. That's nearer the mark. I suppose it's another example of spin. If you add sponsorship deals to the other drivers salaries, as well, then Sato probably isn't as far up the table as the journo wants us to think.

Sato is far more likely to be in the lower end. Kimi, Alonso, Button, Massa etc will prob be at the top end!

i think i have to agree with you guys, if that is true, most of that HAS to be from his home country sponsorships.

there is just no way he would be paid that high otherwise, no offense to sato, but come on

if i was a driver on the circuit , i mean id be happy to get paid to do that in the first place, but id be a little upset if i was around for a long time, scoring points, etc. and this guy comes in with this salary, very strange.

He is the darling of honda, the best driver using their power, its obvious where it comes from.

As for Alonso, renault are known to be among the lower payees in F1 probably part of the reason he ended up at McLaren

I think it is very possible. Not only SA is paying him, also the rest of the teams must be paying him...for protection.

well, with Michael out next year the next biggest earner will be Ralf, MS made roughly 35 mill a year from Ferrari alone and about 80-90 mill including sponsorship. Ralf makes about 17 mill a year the last time i checked just from Toyota no telling how much including sponsorship.

I think it is very possible. Not only SA is paying him, also the rest of the teams must be paying him...for protection.

:lol: He could probably double the quoted salary if he quit! I'd even chip in myself for the good of the sport.

:blink::blink::wacko:

Either SA are stupid, or TS is extremely clever.

:lol:

well, with Michael out next year the next biggest earner will be Ralf, MS made roughly 35 mill a year from Ferrari alone and about 80-90 mill including sponsorship. Ralf makes about 17 mill a year the last time i checked just from Toyota no telling how much including sponsorship.

ralf earns more than 20 mill

I would expect he gets at least 80% of that in sponsorship, i remember reading drivers salaries and he was in the 1 million pounds range.

i think its pretty obvious he isn't paid much of that quoted earnings from saf1! he has many endorsement deals in japan

I wonder how much honda payed him to take the toyota out of the 2005 japanese GP :lol:

I wonder how much honda payed him to take the toyota out of the 2005 japanese GP :lol:

they must have just given him a contract for 07 for that

they must have just given him a contract for 07 for that

where was that ferrari f1 car pic in your sig taken? is it a replica?

And why has the taker labelled it as the F2004... the F2004 was never number 5 thats last year's V8 car

That picture was taken by me. It is not the replica, it is the actual car which schumi drove and won races in 04. they used it for testing this year so they changed the sticker. It is F2004 as they even had a emblem of the Manufacterers Formula One World Championship Ferrari 2004 on the side.(pic#35)

The pictures which i took(about 50. went crazy that day) are all on webshots. http://rides.webshots.com/album/554053592ALjKmV

i even got to push the car into the van when they were packing up. so it was damn cool

Ah i see fair enough :P did it have the V8 in it or the V10?

Ah ok. i see it had the 2006 sponsor logos on it so my guess is it was probably brought up to spec