Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Sato's Earnings

Ah ok. i see it had the 2006 sponsor logos on it so my guess is it was probably brought up to spec

i think since they used it for testing they put the logos and fit in a V8 engine.

i think since they used it for testing they put the logos and fit in a V8 engine.

I hate it when they use real F1 cars for show cars at the end of the season, they all end up as shells missing most of the parts.

What a bloody waste :(

well, with Michael out next year the next biggest earner will be Ralf, MS made roughly 35 mill a year from Ferrari alone and about 80-90 mill including sponsorship. Ralf makes about 17 mill a year the last time i checked just from Toyota no telling how much including sponsorship.

Not true. Reputedly Kimi will be paid $51m by Ferrari next year. Ralf will be second.

I hate it when they use real F1 cars for show cars at the end of the season, they all end up as shells missing most of the parts.

What a bloody waste :(

I thought most teams kept a copy of almost every car in its original manufactured condition in their display centers

I thought most teams kept a copy of almost every car in its original manufactured condition in their display centers

Thats mostly true, but they dont let them out for joey public to get their greasy hands on.

Some open their musems to public viewing i thought

Some open their musems to public viewing i thought

True, but I mean the ones out on the road are always the sad hulks of a former beast :(

Ah right gotcha ;)

I meant to edit my last post but my lap top just suddenly cut out! BUGGER! I think its getting old :(

What I meant to add was this...

If you are at an event, dont always believe what you are told about the "showcar"

For example, I was at Goodwood a few years back, and Orange had a display there with a "real F1 car" there the sales rep was so stoked that he had a rel racer on his stand and proceeded to tell me and a mate how this car was the actual race car from Jos Verstappen blah blah blah....

Only for me and my friend (who know a thing or two about F1 cars) to pull his whole dream to pieces!

This car was mostly made of fibreglass and had a chassis as thin as Lindsay Lohan! Sure it had old out of life parts bolted to it but I would say it was about 75% fibreglass!

Heres a tip, if you can get close enough to touch the chassis, knock on it like you would a front door. If it sounds like a cheap plastic bath, its a fake. If it sounds like you are knocking on a ceramic floor tile, then its the real deal.

Just my tip for the day ;)

Hmm i didn't realise that interesting info

I am assuming the cars in their museums would be real though?

Hmm i didn't realise that interesting info

I am assuming the cars in their museums would be real though?

They should be.

Tip number2: if the inside wall of the c#ckpit is shiny carbon, its a dud :checkit:

interesting stuff :P i will bear it in mind if i get near one of them

interesting stuff :P i will bear it in mind if i get near one of them

Tip3: if the air horn in the roll hoop and the exhausts are blocked off, its another sign>

That picture was taken by me. It is not the replica, it is the actual car which schumi drove and won races in 04. they used it for testing this year so they changed the sticker. It is F2004 as they even had a emblem of the Manufacterers Formula One World Championship Ferrari 2004 on the side.(pic#35)

The pictures which i took(about 50. went crazy that day) are all on webshots. http://rides.webshots.com/album/554053592ALjKmV

i even got to push the car into the van when they were packing up. so it was damn cool

that is cool! very rare to come so close to a real f1 car without it being fenced off.

so where was it taken?

Tip3: if the air horn in the roll hoop and the exhausts are blocked off, its another sign>

By that do you mean the airbox? :eusa_think:

that is cool! very rare to come so close to a real f1 car without it being fenced off.

so where was it taken?

these pictures were taken in my uni campus(UIUC) when Shell had come to hire people, they bought the car with them.

about c21's concern at it being a fake, when i was pushing the car by the tyres(they told not to touch any other parts) it was quite heavy to push so i think it was not fake.

these pictures were taken in my uni campus(UIUC) when Shell had come to hire people, they bought the car with them.

about c21's concern at it being a fake, when i was pushing the car by the tyres(they told not to touch any other parts) it was quite heavy to push so i think it was not fake.

Sorry GoFerrarigo, I didnt mean it was a fake.

I meant that it could have been an original, they just dont take 100% comlete cars to shows thats all.

If real, it would have been a stripped down engineless car.

And to answer Shane 2's question,

The airhorn is the ducting within the rollhoop, the airbox is the part connected behind that and then to the engine. the airhorn is not removable.