Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pabloh20

Guitarists!

I would recommend the album All Things Must Pass - all very subtle and mostly very beautiful.

No doubt, real Skynyrd fans will have a fit, but aside from their classics like Sweet Home Alabama, Tuesdays Gone and Free Bird, I would thoroughly recommend Gimme Three Steps as being a ****ing great song.

Yep, I must listen to all things must pass - very lax of me not to have done by now, really.

See I do know Skynyrd then - sweet home alabama. I thought I might have heard them and not associated it :lol:

Steve 'guitar' Miller

:thbup:

Sweet George Harrison, while his guitar gently weeps :(

The song that made me want a Gibson Les paul - in one the Princes trust concerts we have over here, Eric & George were in the concert. Eric played a Les Paul on that song and the sound/tone was just tremendous. I think when he played the original, Eric used a phaser wah-wah, if I am not mistaken.

Hell yes!! the master and pupil, the master taking Keith to task on how to play his signature riff, good stuff :thbup:

I'm a Stones aholic, my first was 1971 when Mick was still getting his Ya-Ya's out

Yep, very good stuff. Chuck is exactly like that on stage too!! :D I think it's quite funny that keith says all Chuck's riffs are from Johnny Johnson :lol:

Gimme Shelter - one of my fave songs with that vocal from Mary Clayton

Guitarists that i like...not in order of merit

Mick Taylor

Eddie Kirkland

Yngwie Malmsteen

Vivian Cambell

Eddie Van-Halen

Eric Clapton

Richie Blackmore

Jimmy Page

Jimi Hendrix

Jeff Beck

There is so many more.......

Must listen to more Yngwie - only really seen him on a G3 concert with Satriani & Vai, but I was quite impressed by him.

The song that made me want a Gibson Les paul - in one the Princes trust concerts we have over here, Eric & George were in the concert. Eric played a Les Paul on that song and the sound/tone was just tremendous. I think when he played the original, Eric used a phaser wah-wah, if I am not mistaken.

Yep, very good stuff. Chuck is exactly like that on stage too!! :D I think it's quite funny that keith says all Chuck's riffs are from Johnny Johnson :lol:

Gimme Shelter - one of my fave songs with that vocal from Mary Clayton

War, children, it's just a shot away..............

Let It Bleed...........damn fine album :thbup:

War, children, it's just a shot away..............

Let It Bleed...........damn fine album :thbup:

It's just in one bit she's putting so much into the voal that her voice breaks - not for the purists, I suppose, but top stuff all the same.

Cracking album, indeed. :thbup:

It's just in one bit she's putting so much into the voal that her voice breaks - not for the purists, I suppose, but top stuff all the same.

Cracking album, indeed. :thbup:

Last album that Jones was on also :(

The Stones were best when 'raw', after the Some Girls album they were never the same, it took me months to be able to listen to the Tatto You 'dance' album :mf_tongue:

Last album that Jones was on also :(

The Stones were best when 'raw', after the Some Girls album they were never the same, it took me months to be able to listen to the Tatto You 'dance' album :mf_tongue:

Exactly, it's why I would want to see them in the Crawdaddy club!! :D

John Miles. I'd forgotten him but listened to Nice Man Jack last night. Cool.

I may even have some of it on video. Must go and look.

My Dad still has it on video - it's criminal that it's never been released commercially :D

John Petrucci from Dream Theater is one of the best there is...

I was hoping G3 with him in would be passing through here (UK), but I don't think it will :(

I was hoping G3 with him in would be passing through here (UK), but I don't think it will :(

They are in my town (Perth) on December 8 and Mike Portnoy is drumming with them too... :)

They are in my town (Perth) on December 8 and Mike Portnoy is drumming with them too... :)

I believe the phrase rhymes with astard!! :lol: Especially as you get the Joe, Steve & John line up too :mf_tongue:

I saw G3 with Joe, Steve & Robert Fripp. Fripp's set was a bit weird and boring, if I am honest, but when he joined the other 2 for the finale he was much better. Good concert.

And what about Jaco Pastorious? I think he was the best bass player on earth.

I also like Pat Metheny and Chick Corea. The other day I saw a video called "Live under the sky". It

Steve 'guitar' Miller

I can't argue with anybody's choices so far, but Miller deserves a double-hit :thbup:

Here's a few that weren't mentioned by anyone yet:

Charro (don't laugh, she's quite an impressive guitarist)

Lindsay Buckingham

Prince

Joe Walsh

William Faith (Faith and the Muse)

June Carter

Jake Williams (Jake E. Lee)

Ted Nugent

Geez, not heard of him for ages, Bruce. My Dad used to have a track by him that was really, really long....trying to think what it was called. Don't think I ever heard anything other than this track by him. Going to put my thinking cap on.

He went a bit doolally didn't he ?

Edit: Had to ring my brother - we think it was called Come on Up (My Dad didn't write the name down from wherever he got it :blink: ), but my brother reminded me that he did Cat Scratch Fever too - forgotten about that.

Ted Nugent

Cat Scratch Fever! I still have that on 45.

Also I must mention Robin Trower and Mick Grabham of Procol Harum. Excellent. (in a Monty Burns voice)

Cat Scratch Fever! I still have that on 45.

Also I must mention Robin Trower and Mick Grabham of Procol Harum. Excellent. (in a Monty Burns voice)

Roy Buchanan

Mick green - from the pirates, also did the McCartney tour with Dave Gilmour

All the Kings - BB, Albert & Freddie

George Thorogood

A friend of mine, I knew a while back, was pretty good on the guitar and I used to go watch him play most weekends. I have a cracking version (well I think it is :D ) of I loved Another Woman, but it's on minidisc. I'll have to get it onto my PC, but it's quite a raw recording so I don't know how well it will work.

Geez, not heard of him for ages, Bruce. My Dad used to have a track by him that was really, really long....trying to think what it was called. Don't think I ever heard anything other than this track by him. Going to put my thinking cap on.

He went a bit doolally didn't he ?

Edit: Had to ring my brother - we think it was called Come on Up (My Dad didn't write the name down from wherever he got it :blink: ), but my brother reminded me that he did Cat Scratch Fever too - forgotten about that.

Motor City Madhouse or it could be The Great White Buffalo, off the album Double Live Gonzo

Motor City Madhouse or it could be The Great White Buffalo, off the album Double Live Gonzo

Just found out after a bit of searching, Bruce, that it's called Stranglehold - typical of my Dad to write the wrong song title down!! :D