Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kennye

Happy Thanksgiving

Just wanted to wish all my friends that celebrate this holiday a very Happy Thanksgiving. No matter how bad of a year you have had, gathering with friends and family for the holiday's is something everyone can be thankful for.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and holiday season, no matter which holiday you celebrate.

KennyE

We only have the Christmas holidays to do that here in England. Maybe we need a "Remeberance for when we used to admit that we were racist and used to go around taking over other countries indiscriminately with our big poncy ships" kind of day.

Just wanted to wish all my friends that celebrate this holiday a very Happy Thanksgiving. No matter how bad of a year you have had, gathering with friends and family for the holiday's is something everyone can be thankful for.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and holiday season, no matter which holiday you celebrate.

KennyE

Here in Canada... we celebrate Thanksgiving in October......

Happy Thanksgiving to all My American fellow-F1 fans.

Cheers :cheers:

We only have the Christmas holidays to do that here in England. Maybe we need a "Remeberance for when we used to admit that we were racist and used to go around taking over other countries indiscriminately with our big poncy ships" kind of day.

To mangle William Hague, maybe we could have a wistful "What if Plymouth rock had landed on the Founding Fathers" national holiday?

Happy Thanksgiving though everyone!

It has a ring to it. I'll write to my MP.

:clap3:

To mangle William Hague, maybe we could have a wistful "What if Plymouth rock had landed on the Founding Fathers" national holiday?

Happy Thanksgiving though everyone!

You have given me a great idea for a band name; 'Peter Plymouth and The Founding Fathers'. A sort of 'Sly And The Family Stone' for the 21st century.

Hey Kenny , same back to ya, I'll be stuffed by this time tomorrow :D

I think us Brits should have a day like Thanksgiving but better. Where we all get drunk and celebrate the old empire and how great this country used to be and throw all the asylum seekers in the sea to drown. It would be fab.

Obv that will never happen so for the time being ill have to make do with reading the human rights act for my seminar tomorrow. Fun!

I was going open a new topic about this but as always I came late, anyway happy thanksgiving to everybody here. :clap3:

I will have to work tomorrow but anyway it will be good, I need that money.

KennyE

Thanks. I've got tons of food to prepare, tons of people coming over, a turkey to stuff and bake, and plenty of beer to be drunk. Good times.

For any Japanese members, happy Niinamesai (or Kinro Kansha no Hi if you're into a more up-to-date celebration)!!!

Can anybody tell me the meaning of the "Thanksgiving" day?....

All I know is that you eat turkey and that there are NFL games...

:P

Can anybody tell me the meaning of the "Thanksgiving" day?....

All I know is that you eat turkey and that there are NFL games...

:P

I think it has something to do with celebrating the fact they they wiped out nearly all of the native Americans. It seems like a strange holiday as ive never know destruction of a race of people to be remembered by a public holiday where everyone celebrates by stuffing there faces with turkey.

I think it has something to do with celebrating the fact they they wiped out nearly all of the native Americans. It seems like a strange holiday as ive never know destruction of a race of people to be remembered by a public holiday where everyone celebrates by stuffing there faces with turkey.

Stop trying ykick, you just sound stupid...............

I don't think there's any effort involved, it just comes naturally...........

Talk about ignorant!!

This is the type of answer I would expect from someone from a country whos population is almost entirely decended from abandoned criminals.

I don't think there's any effort involved, it just comes naturally...........

Kinda like passing gas :eusa_think:

:lol:

By the way, Happy Thanksgiving to you and all our American members. Enjoy.

We also don't celebrate it here, but happy thanksgiving to anyone that does :)

So?

:huh:

Happy thanksgiving!

Ecap, I would have thought somebody American would have answered you - they will have a better explanation, probably. Very lax of them!! :lol:

Here's what I found -

Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, is an annual one-day holiday to give thanks (traditionally to a God), for the things one has at the close of the harvest season. In the United States, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November, and in Canada it is celebrated on the second Monday in October. In the United Kingdom, Thanksgiving is another name for the Harvest festival, held in churches across the country on a relevant Sunday to mark the end of the local harvest, though it is not thought of as a major event (compared to Christmas or Easter) as it is in North America, where this tradition taken by early settlers became much more important. Other European countries, such as Germany, also have harvest-thanks (Erntedank) celebrations which are perceived to be rather minor and mostly rural holidays.[1]

Not sure if this is right or not, but I think somebody earlier in the thread said something similar.

Ecap, I would have thought somebody American would have answered you - they will have a better explanation, probably. Very lax of them!! :lol:

Thankyou !

I expected an answer from our "fellow Americans"...but... ;)