Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

SA Kick India's Butt

World record eighth wicket partnership to turn the game for SA by Kemp & Hall. Good one:)

Let's not beat around the bush here, the Indian team got the players, exciting and allround, it's just how they are used, and adapting to the different game situations.... You could have given us a real hiding, remember Kemp was dropped by Tendulkar....

You need to up you fielding and need proper captaining.....

do you still think some of the matches are fixed
Anyone answering..........

I dont think so as it would be alot more risky than it was 10 years ago. The cricket officals are also paying alot more attention to each match searching for evidence of match fixing.

just as a off topic discussion(since we haven't done it yet in this thread) do you still think some of the matches are fixed
Anyone answering..........

I doubt it aswell, I think the players realise the consequences of doing dodgy stuff like that now and turn their back on it.

Fingers crossed Hansie maybe the last player to fall victim of match fixing in cricket.

I doubt it aswell, I think the players realise the consequences of doing dodgy stuff like that now and turn their back on it.

Fingers crossed Hansie maybe the last player to fall victim of match fixing in cricket.

Hansie was just the fall guy... Dozens of people from most countries including SA, Aus, & Pakistain were all corrupt, they just didn't get caught.

Mock, I think you can safely allow the Indian cricket team to baby-sit your young son. 'cos they n'er beat anybody!

I wouldn't trust them to look after my shoes, let alone my son.

On a happy note however, Ganguly seems to be in some sort of nick. Let's see what happens when he faces the real test (If he's selected) this Friday.

By the way, ykick, if you read this post, thanks for your posts on the thread in the cafe which was correctly called for to be locked and was finally locked by pumpdoc.

By the way, ykick, if you read this post, thanks for your posts on the thread in the cafe which was correctly called for to be locked and was finally locked by pumpdoc.

Your welcome :)

Hansie was just the fall guy... Dozens of people from most countries including SA, Aus, & Pakistain were all corrupt, they just didn't get caught.

exactly, even after they got caught, 2 of the aussie players (one of them Mark Waught) got away with just penalties.....

I hated the way they treated Hansie after he confessed and asked forgiveness, there's some really stupid crackheads on our cricket board, I felt the world was laughting at us.... :(

My father always told me, "you can do anything in this world son, as long as you don't get caught."

I guess poor Hansie was just the poor bugger that got caught in the end.

The betting scandal has been all but forgotten here in Australia.

I wouldn't trust them to look after my shoes, let alone my son.

On a happy note however, Ganguly seems to be in some sort of nick. Let's see what happens when he faces the real test (If he's selected) this Friday.

he got out on duck in 2 balls in the second innings so i would not count on him(btw he will be selected too much political presure)

he got out on duck in 2 balls in the second innings so i would not count on him(btw he will be selected too much political presure)

Wow... sounds like South African sport....

We must have the most racist sports board in the world... All our sports teams have to have a certain amount of black players (or players of colour which the call them). It doesnt matter if the best 11 players happen to be white... 3 or so white players will be dropped and others will be selected based on colour ahead of skill.

A guy by the name Of Amla was selected at provincial level in SA ahead of Kevin Pieterson forcing Kevin to move to England and become possibly their best player.

Its a joke! The SA soccer team is even worse!!!

Wow... sounds like South African sport....

We must have the most racist sports board in the world... All our sports teams have to have a certain amount of black players (or players of colour which the call them). It doesnt matter if the best 11 players happen to be white... 3 or so white players will be dropped and others will be selected based on colour ahead of skill.

A guy by the name Of Amla was selected at provincial level in SA ahead of Kevin Pieterson forcing Kevin to move to England and become possibly their best player.

Its a joke! The SA soccer team is even worse!!!

Yes, it's true, , I believe choosing a player on merit...

but I think with rugby, players of colour has caught up Wez.... Look at the amount of brilliant black players stepping up, and everyone loves it, except you maybe :naughty: just joking :lol: What I'm saying is that the system IS WORKING, and this system is trying to rectify the wrong of the apartheid system, where no one but white was chosen, and players of colour ignored (and there were talented players around)! Be thankful that our Board is'nt considering having a quota of 50% black or coloured in the team at any given time.

I think our cricket team is improving, and you are so right about the soccer team

Cricket can become very contentious :rolleyes: !!

I say that if Sehwag and Sachin can continue to play, then SG definitely needs a look in.

One of the major problems with Indian cricketers is that most of them look for personal glory and lots of money and given the fact that most of them are selected on reputation, or some half baked notion of fielding the next generation of Indian cricketers, leads to a sure recipe for dismal performances.

Sehwag needs to be out

Sachin needs to be out

Pathan needs to be out and decide whether he is a bowler or a batsman

Rahul needs to be relieved of the responsibility of captainship

Greg needs to go back to Australia

Ajit Agarkar needs to go back and play school cricket

Dhoni needs a kick up his @ss and probably go home

Kaif was thankfully sent home

Yuvraj thankfully is not fit

Raina was thankfully sent home

Shikhar Dhawan needs a look in

And that's it, everyone else are greenhorns, probably not played a decent domestic circuit as yet and catapulted into the limelight....

Hope DV does a good job on the selection.....

Cricket can become very contentious :rolleyes: !!

I say that if Sehwag and Sachin can continue to play, then SG definitely needs a look in.

One of the major problems with Indian cricketers is that most of them look for personal glory and lots of money and given the fact that most of them are selected on reputation, or some half baked notion of fielding the next generation of Indian cricketers, leads to a sure recipe for dismal performances.

Sehwag needs to be out

Sachin needs to be out

Pathan needs to be out and decide whether he is a bowler or a batsman

Rahul needs to be relieved of the responsibility of captainship

Greg needs to go back to Australia

Ajit Agarkar needs to go back and play school cricket

Dhoni needs a kick up his @ss and probably go home

Kaif was thankfully sent home

Yuvraj thankfully is not fit

Raina was thankfully sent home

Shikhar Dhawan needs a look in

And that's it, everyone else are greenhorns, probably not played a decent domestic circuit as yet and catapulted into the limelight....

Hope DV does a good job on the selection.....

thats half of the team gone, you think drafting new players in will make things better, you need a blend of experience and the youth needs the older to guide and show the way...

It's amazing how jubilant the local media was about the win over Rest of South Africa (some mish mash team scrambl;ed together, presumably to be able to lose to India), considering the fact taht they absolutely creamed India in the second innings.

I remember India making 66 and 100 in their two innings a while ago when we played in SA, I wonder if that can be bettered :eusa_think:

How about my good friend Ex-Lax he can give anyone the runs :P

thats half of the team gone, you think drafting new players in will make things better, you need a blend of experience and the youth needs the older to guide and show the way...

I have an even better Idea, the buggers should just stop playing international cricket.....

Wonderful, just bloody wonderful. We are leaving Pathan out. Who on earth is going to make the runs then, the batsmen??

Difficult question - If we leave him in, he's going to give away twice as many runs in half the time he made his runs.......

We don't have to make him bowl, he can play as a batsman - he can bat better than most of our famed top order.

Damp pitch, if the South Africans are allowed to bowl, watch them skittle UIndia out for nothing. Again. :(

We don't have to make him bowl, he can play as a batsman - he can bat better than most of our famed top order.

Damp pitch, if the South Africans are allowed to bowl, watch them skittle UIndia out for nothing. Again. :(

Game on, Dravid chooses to bat :D !!!!!!

Team: Pathan is out.

Sehwag, W Jaffer, R Dravid, SR Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, SC Ganguly, MS Dhoni, A Kumble, Z Khan, S Sreesanth, VRV Singh

Thats 7 bowlers, one wicketkeeper and ummm....half a batsman

Hooray, 2 balls from the 150kph paceman Steyn and no wickets down as yet :D