Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buczer

How Your Downtown (City Center) Area Looks??

One of my locals. This one is almost 5 minutes walk away............

Or a half-hour's stagger back home ;)

And a bit of my home town:

Russ, I envy you. Most places here in the States have all the character of a stucco box. That tears it, this yank is turning traitor! I'm setting my sights for the Mother Country! God Shave the Queen!

Ecap, Buczer posting your photo of the green VW beetles reminded me to tell you.....

.....that is a scary picture!

By the way, Buczer you pic was hilarious! :lol::thbup:

Russ, I envy you. Most places here in the States have all the character of a stucco box. That tears it, this yank is turning traitor! I'm setting my sights for the Mother Country! God Shave the Queen!

Well, I don't think God does it, but I do imagine it happens! :lol:

This is the city where I live now in USA, Lawrence, MA

washington_shw.jpg

.PZF03ZQDkZQDkZl0kYGRg.jpg

lawrence_hs.jpg

This is where I used to live in Santo Domingo

santodomingo2.jpg

Columbus' brother's house alcazar1.jpg.jpg

santodomingo3.jpg

The Columbus Memorial Lighthouse columbus_lighthouse.jpg

I work in a city on the outskirts of Johannesburg called Sandton. It is the most expensive property anywhere in Africa, And is probably better off than nearly any 1st world cities Ive seen in Europe.

sandton.jpg

Sandton-Square.jpg

It is the most expensive property anywhere in Africa, And is probably better off than nearly any 1st world cities Ive seen in Europe.

Capitalism at its finest. 2% of the population live in complete luxury while a considerable portion of the population living in shanty towns. This is not unique to South Africa as it happens in most modernised western countries where the poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer.

Ecap, Buczer posting your photo of the green VW beetles reminded me to tell you.....

.....that is a scary picture!

By the way, Buczer you pic was hilarious! :lol::thbup:

Why scary? :unsure:

And what "my pic" ?? :D

Capitalism at its finest. 2% of the population live in complete luxury while a considerable portion of the population living in shanty towns. This is not unique to South Africa as it happens in most modernised western countries where the poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer.

:clap3:

Agrees 100% with you

I work in a city on the outskirts of Johannesburg called Sandton. It is the most expensive property anywhere in Africa, And is probably better off than nearly any 1st world cities Ive seen in Europe.

sandton.jpg

Sandton-Square.jpg

Nice Pics Wez, it's true what you say and it's the best place to work,...... :thbup:

I work about 10 minutes away in Milpark......

Nice Pics Wez, it's true what you say and it's the best place to work,...... :thbup:

Sorry, besides my bitter opinion about modern capitalism, I also agree that they are beautiful pics (I was thinking about my country where you do have beautiful places like the ones in the pics I posted, but also ohuge levels of poverty and many shantytowns around)! Do you have any more?

Sorry, besides my bitter opinion about modern capitalism,

You were just agreeing with the negative comment directed at capitalism. :P I am not a fan of capitalism in its most pure form and i am perfectly willing to express my feelings to everyone.

You were just agreeing with the negative comment directed at capitalism. :P I am not a fan of capitalism in its most pure form and i am perfectly willing to express my feelings to everyone.

So am I ;) I just didn't want it to be taken as an attack on Wez's pics. Had my share with misunderstanings on the forum yesterday on the "Schumi: I couldn't work with Dennis" thread

So am I ;) I just didn't want it to be taken as an attack on Wez's pics. Had my share with misunderstanings on the forum yesterday on the "Schumi: I couldn't work with Dennis" thread

:lol:

Guilty as charged! :D

:lol:

Guilty as charged! :D

Nah, it didn't seem your fault at all. Shane went ballistic because he misunderstood you and he apologised for it. End of story :D

Nah, it didn't seem your fault at all. Shane went ballistic because he misunderstood you and he apologised for it. End of story :D

It takes 2 to tango, QO, as they say.

As long as you in the top 2% as Ykick mentions its all good :) Lucky us!

Sorry, besides my bitter opinion about modern capitalism, I also agree that they are beautiful pics (I was thinking about my country where you do have beautiful places like the ones in the pics I posted, but also ohuge levels of poverty and many shantytowns around)! Do you have any more?

Here some more pics of Sandton...

No surprise that all the Formula 1 drivers and anyone else famous always stay in Sandton hotels. Book your accommodation for the 2010 world cup there now ;)

sandton_home_02.jpg

sandton.jpg

I'll try to get some in the next few days, it is the first time I am here with a good camera. Perhaps if you are really lucky, one of me too ;)

I'll try to get some in the next few days, it is the first time I am here with a good camera. Perhaps if you are really lucky, one of me too ;)

of which place are you putting your picture up?? Australia or Delhi?

I Live in Perth, Western Australia! Recently featured in the Red Bull Air Race:

Perth, Western Australia CBD (I work in the building 2nd from the right)

The swan river is in the foreground

Cottesloe Beach, the suburb where i live

I Live in Perth, Western Australia! Recently featured in the Red Bull Air Race:

Perth, Western Australia CBD (I work in the building 2nd from the right)

The swan river is in the foreground

Cottesloe Beach, the suburb where i live

Nice beach....

was that anywhere near the Shark Attack the other day?

**Anyone who isnt aware there was a Shark attack on a Perth beach over the wekend, unfortunately a 15 year kid lost his leg surfing..**

there has been lots of shark attacks lately...WTF!